Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere 00:39 - Feb 15 with 1716 viewstractorshark

Been to the old Den, been to the new one and that was a pale shadow of the usual welcome and atmosphere generated by Millwall fans.
No passion, no real noise.
I knew they were going through a rough patch and I didn’t expect a big crowd as it was on telly. But when you can read the lettering on the opposite stand clearly, you know the attendance is low.
And as for them walking out when the second goal went in, that was modern football at its worst.
I doubt any Millwall fan I experienced in the 80s would have done that and if they did leave early it was probably to provide some parting gift on the walk back to New Cross Gate.
It’s not like they’re a big six club where they’re so used to winning that on the odd occasion they end up getting beaten, the fans throw a tantrum.
You don’t go to support clubs like Ipswich, Millwall or West Ham expecting to win. You go hoping you win. And because you’ve experienced your fair share of defeats and failure, the wins and successes taste that little bit sweeter.
I just can’t get my head round seeing fans at proper clubs like Millwall and West Ham leaving early. I didn’t leave early when we lost 5-1 to Norwich but maybe it’s just me.
Either way, that was the least intimidating atmosphere I’ve ever known at Millwall and while I’m happy it was subdued and muted, it didn’t feel quite the same.
[Post edited 15 Feb 0:49]
The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 00:50 - Feb 15 with 1652 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I wasn’t sure if those who left at 2-0 were just getting down to the bar early to beat the queue from the packed out stands….?

Very very flat in there tonight though. Felt very much like a home team in trouble. They are going to need a bit more than that from the home ends in their relegation fight.
The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 00:56 - Feb 15 with 1631 viewstractorshark

The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 00:50 - Feb 15 by Matt_Netherlands

I wasn’t sure if those who left at 2-0 were just getting down to the bar early to beat the queue from the packed out stands….?

Very very flat in there tonight though. Felt very much like a home team in trouble. They are going to need a bit more than that from the home ends in their relegation fight.

Yep could’ve been going for a pint. But the ground just kept emptying as the second half wore on.
One of the things I love about the Championship is you visit some proper clubs with proper fans.
And I’d include Millwall in that.
There’s no plastic fanbase or tourists like you see in the Prem.
But I do appreciate it’s tough times at The Den right now and we know, from bitter experience, how frustrating it can be when your team is heading for impending doom.
I genuinely hope they don’t go down and they can pull together on and off the pitch but it just felt very unMillwall like tonight.
The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 01:00 - Feb 15 with 1611 viewsMatt_Netherlands

The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 00:56 - Feb 15 by tractorshark

Yep could’ve been going for a pint. But the ground just kept emptying as the second half wore on.
One of the things I love about the Championship is you visit some proper clubs with proper fans.
And I’d include Millwall in that.
There’s no plastic fanbase or tourists like you see in the Prem.
But I do appreciate it’s tough times at The Den right now and we know, from bitter experience, how frustrating it can be when your team is heading for impending doom.
I genuinely hope they don’t go down and they can pull together on and off the pitch but it just felt very unMillwall like tonight.

This is why the place was so empty. They were all stuck in the pub performing their valentines special.

The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 04:29 - Feb 15 with 1448 viewsSenatorBlue

I remember being at the Old Den for the John Lyall promotion season. Cracking atmosphere, but they did start to exit via the far terrace when we went 3-0 up. Town fans started taunting, and fair play, in unison they all turned around and came back into the ground to give it some back. TWTD, actually these are the days! Loving it right now.
The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 05:11 - Feb 15 with 1407 viewsBuffaloBill

The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 04:29 - Feb 15 by SenatorBlue

I remember being at the Old Den for the John Lyall promotion season. Cracking atmosphere, but they did start to exit via the far terrace when we went 3-0 up. Town fans started taunting, and fair play, in unison they all turned around and came back into the ground to give it some back. TWTD, actually these are the days! Loving it right now.

"You've fuc king tangoed, you've been fuc king tangoed, la la la la"

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 07:11 - Feb 15 with 1165 viewsSenatorBlue

The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 05:11 - Feb 15 by BuffaloBill

"You've fuc king tangoed, you've been fuc king tangoed, la la la la"

That’s the one 🤣
The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 07:26 - Feb 15 with 1094 viewsRobTheMonk

In the second half we killed them with a thousand passes. They couldn't press effectively so they just sat off for the most part.
The least intimidating Millwall atmosphere on 08:13 - Feb 15 with 896 viewsYppswyche

Props to the guy who shouted “keep the noise down” when he shuffled off early
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024