Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mental Resilience 07:51 - Mar 30 with 393 viewsitfc_bucks

After last year's mad run in to promotion and the work McKenna has clearly put into this team, it's obvious that we have bagloads of belief and mental toughness.

Leicester look like a team utterly devoid of self-confidence and could now go the full "Sheffield Wednesday" and drop into the PO mix.

Southampton looked ok, but still found a way to throw it away.

Leeds stole a point having huffed and puffed through the 2nd half.

I'm not convinced, given how both teams capitulated at the back end of their relegation season, that either team really believes they can win the league.

And *THAT* my beautiful blue brethren, is why we are top and why we'll stay top.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Mental Resilience on 08:00 - Mar 30 with 338 viewsnorfsufblue

I think it also affects the opposition in a sort of "Rocky" way... when you keep seeing your opponent take huge hits and get back up off the floor I guess even those we still have to play must be sort of expecting it too!
Mental Resilience on 08:05 - Mar 30 with 317 viewstonybied

"I'm not convinced, given how both teams capitulated at the back end of their relegation season, that either team really believes they can win the league."

Reading Leicester's forum they say that this team has totally capitulated at the end of the last 4 seasons running. This has got to play heavy on the minds of quite a few of their players you'd imagine. A bit like Derby when they were trying to buy their way to promotion to the Premier League and the wheels totally fell off in their run in, each year those last few steps become much bigger and easier to trip up as it gets into the mentality of the players and fans alike.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024