Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious 16:37 - Jan 1 with 3956 viewsGarv

Captain, only player close to being a 'leader', Mick's favourite (apart from Skuse), right back and reserve centre half...

No chance he'll go.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:34 - Jan 1 with 2378 viewsjas0999

... But if Evans sees a chance to cash in?
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:35 - Jan 1 with 2375 viewsSuperfrans

The story is that Wolves are preparing a bid, not that one has been made or accepted. Just can't see it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:36 - Jan 1 with 2366 viewsblueislander

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:34 - Jan 1 by jas0999

... But if Evans sees a chance to cash in?

"Cash in " how much do you think any club would pay for him?
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:42 - Jan 1 with 2332 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:36 - Jan 1 by blueislander

"Cash in " how much do you think any club would pay for him?

Good chance of getting up to £500k, given we can activate an extra year on his contract at any time, taking him to summer 2018.

There's a premium on players like Chambers, who can unify a dressing room, build a team ethic etc - especially if the intention would be to play him at CH.

But, with either Berra or Webster being possible departures in the summer, plus his other virtues, we'd be crazy to let him go.

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:50 - Jan 1 with 2301 viewsblueislander

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:42 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

Good chance of getting up to £500k, given we can activate an extra year on his contract at any time, taking him to summer 2018.

There's a premium on players like Chambers, who can unify a dressing room, build a team ethic etc - especially if the intention would be to play him at CH.

But, with either Berra or Webster being possible departures in the summer, plus his other virtues, we'd be crazy to let him go.

I can't see anywhere near £500k. tbh.
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:58 - Jan 1 with 2285 viewsArnieM

Well I've heard Chambers was very down after the Bristol away game. The boo.boys have defiantly got to him personally. He said to a friend of mine that he had had enough of playing he felt that down.

Perhaps the boo boys will now be patting themselves on.the back and congratulate themselves on a. " job well done"?

Here's another thought for the boo boys to consider. The toxic atmosphere they create and the mindless targeting of specific players who wear the Town shirt and give the best that they have got, is feeding into the poor displays both individually and collectively. These players ARE human ffs........and furthermore, have the boo boys ever stopped to consider that footballers DO talk to one another and their attacks on players may actually make it harder for Town to bring new blood in! Why should a player stay at ITFC or move to this Club when the "fans" are a bunch of mindless shyte?

SUPPORT the team or stay away. but please don't target players. It ALWAYS works against us.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:02 - Jan 1 with 2248 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:58 - Jan 1 by ArnieM

Well I've heard Chambers was very down after the Bristol away game. The boo.boys have defiantly got to him personally. He said to a friend of mine that he had had enough of playing he felt that down.

Perhaps the boo boys will now be patting themselves on.the back and congratulate themselves on a. " job well done"?

Here's another thought for the boo boys to consider. The toxic atmosphere they create and the mindless targeting of specific players who wear the Town shirt and give the best that they have got, is feeding into the poor displays both individually and collectively. These players ARE human ffs........and furthermore, have the boo boys ever stopped to consider that footballers DO talk to one another and their attacks on players may actually make it harder for Town to bring new blood in! Why should a player stay at ITFC or move to this Club when the "fans" are a bunch of mindless shyte?

SUPPORT the team or stay away. but please don't target players. It ALWAYS works against us.

if they accept praise, they should be man enough to take criticism

a couple of pints of manthefckup are needed IF what you say is true
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:04 - Jan 1 with 2228 viewsJ2BLUE

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:42 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

£250k max IMO. I think if this is true they are just testing the water with a low bid to see if we'll sell easily. Perhaps they need CB.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:07 - Jan 1 with 2202 viewsArnieM

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:04 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

£250k max IMO. I think if this is true they are just testing the water with a low bid to see if we'll sell easily. Perhaps they need CB.

and where or who would we get as an experienced replacement for that fee??

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:09 - Jan 1 with 2186 viewsblueislander

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:07 - Jan 1 by ArnieM

and where or who would we get as an experienced replacement for that fee??

Do we need another player like Chambers?
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:11 - Jan 1 with 2165 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:09 - Jan 1 by blueislander

Do we need another player like Chambers?

give emmanuel a proper run in the team for the rest of the season
Agreed, the same should go for..... on 18:11 - Jan 1 with 2169 viewsBloots

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:02 - Jan 1 by taximan

.....the fans who constantly blub because we aren't Barcelona.

Agreed, man up.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:12 - Jan 1 with 2175 viewsArnieM

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:02 - Jan 1 by taximan

I can day hand in heart this is absolutely 100% true. Spoken by the player himself to my friend after the Bristol (away) game.

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:16 - Jan 1 with 2135 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:12 - Jan 1 by ArnieM

I can day hand in heart this is absolutely 100% true. Spoken by the player himself to my friend after the Bristol (away) game.

fair enough

he isn't good enough at right back

its not his fault he is being asked to play out of position

he does need to be stronger mentally if a bit of stick from the fans makes him a bit sad
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 2080 viewsflashblue

Chambers is worth over a million. He is the first name on our team sheet every week. An established championship player with 18 months left on his contract. You can't get players like that for less than £1m. For them to temp Mick it would need to be a serious offer.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:28 - Jan 1 with 2064 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:27 - Jan 1 by flashblue

Chambers is worth over a million. He is the first name on our team sheet every week. An established championship player with 18 months left on his contract. You can't get players like that for less than £1m. For them to temp Mick it would need to be a serious offer.

not as a right back

definitely not
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 19:46 - Jan 1 with 1948 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:04 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

The value of any deal is based on the receiving club's need to buy (and Lambert no doubt realises he needs a strong figure, a catalyst for building squad unity) and the selling club's need to sell. And we don't need to sell him at all for £250k, arguably not even for £500k or £800k. He wouldn't go for less than that imho.

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 19:51 - Jan 1 with 1910 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 19:46 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

The value of any deal is based on the receiving club's need to buy (and Lambert no doubt realises he needs a strong figure, a catalyst for building squad unity) and the selling club's need to sell. And we don't need to sell him at all for £250k, arguably not even for £500k or £800k. He wouldn't go for less than that imho.

maybe it would give emmanuel a run in the first team, a chance to impress the manager in what has turned out to be transitional season ?
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 19:53 - Jan 1 with 1901 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 19:51 - Jan 1 by taximan

maybe it would give emmanuel a run in the first team, a chance to impress the manager in what has turned out to be transitional season ?

For me, a back four of Emmanuel, Webster, Berra and Kenlock is too inexperienced, too young.

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:01 - Jan 1 with 1868 viewsblueblood66

Out of contract soon, and Wolves have the money to improve his pay as a 31 year old he would have to consider offers
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:01 - Jan 1 with 1860 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 19:53 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

For me, a back four of Emmanuel, Webster, Berra and Kenlock is too inexperienced, too young.

ideal season to gain experience

not going up, not going down

chambers is not going to be around forever, he isn't good enough to be right back in a promotion chasing team, lets see if emmanuel can progress into a decent championship player
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:19 - Jan 1 with 1800 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:01 - Jan 1 by taximan

ideal season to gain experience

not going up, not going down

chambers is not going to be around forever, he isn't good enough to be right back in a promotion chasing team, lets see if emmanuel can progress into a decent championship player

Regardless of where we're going to end up, it's important to allow young players to progress at the right pace. Exposing that back four into the Championship, week in, week out, would risk damaging them for the long term, in my view - both from the poor results and inevitable reaction from some of our fans.

Nurture them in the right way and a back four of Emmanuel, Webster, Smith and Kenlock would be excellent in 2/3 years time. But it's too early for all of them to be thrown in together right now.

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:21 - Jan 1 with 1770 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:19 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

Regardless of where we're going to end up, it's important to allow young players to progress at the right pace. Exposing that back four into the Championship, week in, week out, would risk damaging them for the long term, in my view - both from the poor results and inevitable reaction from some of our fans.

Nurture them in the right way and a back four of Emmanuel, Webster, Smith and Kenlock would be excellent in 2/3 years time. But it's too early for all of them to be thrown in together right now.

smith is injured

i thought berra was named alongside webster ?
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:23 - Jan 1 with 1762 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:21 - Jan 1 by taximan

smith is injured

i thought berra was named alongside webster ?

You missed "In 2/3 years time".

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:25 - Jan 1 with 1739 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:23 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

You missed "In 2/3 years time".

not really relevant to giving emmanuel a run in the team now with berra playing alongside webster
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024