Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just started watching The Office on Netflix 19:42 - Jan 9 with 6363 viewsJ2BLUE

One episode in. Please tell me it gets better?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 07:44 - Jan 10 with 1681 viewsReuser_is_God

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 01:20 - Jan 10 by Lord_Lucan

Are you kidding me, we are talking about The UK version right?

You haven't seen any of it?

Yep, UK version.

I'll make the effort to watch it soon.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:53 - Jan 11 with 1589 viewsJ2BLUE

One episode of series 2 to go. Loving it. Can't believe i've only got one episode and the Christmas specials to go.

Truly impaired.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:54 - Jan 11 with 1582 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:53 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

One episode of series 2 to go. Loving it. Can't believe i've only got one episode and the Christmas specials to go.

Christmas Special is something pretty magic though.

Extras for you next.

Poll: Best Football Song

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:54 - Jan 11 with 1581 viewsLord_Lucan

The Christmas special is good.

Have you seen Extras?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:56 - Jan 11 with 1569 viewsJ2BLUE

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:54 - Jan 11 by Lord_Lucan

The Christmas special is good.

Have you seen Extras?

I haven't seen it but i'll take the suggestion to watch it enxt.

Truly impaired.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:59 - Jan 11 with 1560 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:56 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

I haven't seen it but i'll take the suggestion to watch it enxt.

Good man.

Lucan was never a fan of Gervais, but after I enforced the viewing of Extras he changed his mind.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:07 - Jan 11 with 1537 viewsLord_Lucan

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:59 - Jan 11 by RoyKeanesDog

Good man.

Lucan was never a fan of Gervais, but after I enforced the viewing of Extras he changed his mind.

I always liked The Office but admit I never watched Extras at first. I don't like Gervais stand up sort of stuff but I love his "Shows"

Derek was nothing short of amazing, phenomenal.
Have you seen Derek J2?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:07 - Jan 11 with 1535 viewsJ2BLUE

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:59 - Jan 11 by RoyKeanesDog

Good man.

Neither was I to be honest.

I laughed my head off at the redundancy seen. When he stood up...brilliant.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:09 - Jan 11 with 1511 viewsvapour_trail

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:07 - Jan 11 by Lord_Lucan

I always liked The Office but admit I never watched Extras at first. I don't like Gervais stand up sort of stuff but I love his "Shows"

Have you seen Derek J2?

We have been re running Derek since new year.

His finest work.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:10 - Jan 11 with 1512 viewsReuser_is_God

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:07 - Jan 11 by Lord_Lucan

Have you seen Derek J2?

Derek was superb.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:11 - Jan 11 with 1495 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:09 - Jan 11 by vapour_trail

We have been re running Derek since new year.

His finest work.

I also think Life's Too Short is underrated, although Derek is streets ahead.

A new Gervais show is always 10 years ahead of time.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:23 - Jan 11 with 1452 viewsvapour_trail

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:11 - Jan 11 by RoyKeanesDog

I also think Life's Too Short is underrated, although Derek is streets ahead.

A new Gervais show is always 10 years ahead of time.

I didn't get on with that at all. Thought it tried too hard.

Derek had me sobbing like a baby.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:39 - Jan 11 with 1430 viewsm14_blue

The Christmas Special is one of my favourite ever bits of television.

I'm jealous that you get to watch it for the first time.
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 23:15 - Jan 11 with 1389 viewsJ2BLUE

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:39 - Jan 11 by m14_blue

The Christmas Special is one of my favourite ever bits of television.

I'm jealous that you get to watch it for the first time.

I do remember one bit of it involving Kieth. I also know roughly what happens.

Truly impaired.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 16:34 - Jan 12 with 1284 viewsipswich78

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 04:21 - Jan 10 by IPS_wich

Gervais is actually my main issue with the UK version. His Brent was too narcissistic and there's nothing to like about his character. Don't get me wrong I appreciated it (and actually watched it during the original run on TV) but by the end of the second season I'd had enough of him.

Whereas the US version is probably in my top 5 shows of the last 15 years. It helped that I first stumbled across an episode on the Comedy Channel part way through Season 2 so my introduction wasn't Season 1 (which like everyone else says was the weakest part of the series). Carrell was sublime and played Michael Scott with a balance of good intentions and idiocy compared to Gervais' cynacism and selfishness.

It also helped that they roped in some of the best improv comedians around to play the minor characters (Stanley, Angela, Phylis, Toby) and they provided some of the best moments.

Yes it lost impetus when Carrell left and Catherine Tate was very poor in it, but over the course of nine seasons it was quite brilliant.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 4:22]

I'd disagree on nothing to like about Brent. I think he was just desperate to be popular and act in a way that he thought people would be impressed / like him.

He sucked up to people he thought were 'cool' (and they weren't...) and I really liked the way his character stood up to Chris Finch in the Christmas special.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 16:40 - Jan 12 with 1268 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 16:34 - Jan 12 by ipswich78

I'd disagree on nothing to like about Brent. I think he was just desperate to be popular and act in a way that he thought people would be impressed / like him.

He sucked up to people he thought were 'cool' (and they weren't...) and I really liked the way his character stood up to Chris Finch in the Christmas special.

I don't think he sucks up at all to be honest, if anything the A-List celebs hang on his every word.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 16:56 - Jan 12 with 1241 viewsipswich78

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 16:40 - Jan 12 by RoyKeanesDog

I don't think he sucks up at all to be honest, if anything the A-List celebs hang on his every word.

I'm talking about David Brent the character not Ricky Gervais.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 17:10 - Jan 12 with 1226 viewsJ2BLUE

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 16:34 - Jan 12 by ipswich78

Agreed, he came across as the type of bloke who wasn't happy, didn't have any real friends and was desperate to fit in.

Truly impaired.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 1205 viewsgreyhound

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 23:15 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

I do remember one bit of it involving Kieth. I also know roughly what happens.

My a level media studies final piece was a re recording and reimagining of free love free way with music video. Had an absolute blast making it
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 17:36 - Jan 12 with 1186 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 16:56 - Jan 12 by ipswich78

I'm talking about David Brent the character not Ricky Gervais.

Apologies.

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 18:57 - Jan 12 with 1146 viewsvapour_trail

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 17:25 - Jan 12 by greyhound

My a level media studies final piece was a re recording and reimagining of free love free way with music video. Had an absolute blast making it

Who says our education budget is wasted!

Have you not youtubed this for posterity?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 20:25 - Jan 12 with 1099 viewsSuperfrans

Quite difficult to fully appreciate the genius of Gervais's Office now given how much modern comedy copies the main premise - a fictionalised but documentary-style comedy. It was amazing at the time - there was a lot of initial misunderstanding about whether it was real or not.

The US Office is a rare beast in being an American comedy which managed to build on its roots and establish its own tone and reputation.

Personally, I'd put both of them in the Top 10 of the past 20 years.

And, of course, Parks & Recreation is the other great show to follow US Office with. Chris Pratt, Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson), Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, what's not to like.

And while we're on the subject of great comedies, anyone on here into Arrested Development?? A fifth season is in the works apparently! Great news!!

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:45 - Jan 12 with 1061 viewssquiz

Parks and recreation is brilliant. It was written by the same people as the us office. It was originally envisaged as a spin off, and there was supposed to be a sub plot from the office where a printer repeatedly broke down so was sent to Indiana and made its way to the parks and recreation department. They didn't use this in the end, but it is similar to the office.
Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 21:51 - Jan 12 with 1043 viewsMJallday

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:07 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

Neither was I to be honest.

I laughed my head off at the redundancy seen. When he stood up...brilliant.

The voxpops they do with the characters is superb. This is my favourite with gareth keenan.

That's one reason why gays shouldn't be allowed into the army. Because if we're in battle, is he going to be looking at the enemy, or is he going to be looking at me and going "Ooh. He looks tasty in his uniform". And I'm not homophobic, all right? Come round, look at my CDs. You'll see Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 22:48 - Jan 12 with 1012 viewsAdmiralFunge

Just started watching The Office on Netflix on 20:25 - Jan 12 by Superfrans

Quite difficult to fully appreciate the genius of Gervais's Office now given how much modern comedy copies the main premise - a fictionalised but documentary-style comedy. It was amazing at the time - there was a lot of initial misunderstanding about whether it was real or not.

The US Office is a rare beast in being an American comedy which managed to build on its roots and establish its own tone and reputation.

Personally, I'd put both of them in the Top 10 of the past 20 years.

And, of course, Parks & Recreation is the other great show to follow US Office with. Chris Pratt, Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson), Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, what's not to like.

And while we're on the subject of great comedies, anyone on here into Arrested Development?? A fifth season is in the works apparently! Great news!!

I struggle a bit with P&R; went through S1, thought Ron Swanson was pretty good, as was Aziz Ansari's - but Amy Poehler's character just grated, the whole way through.

I know that's kind of the point, but it made for slightly dry viewing.

Maybe I should give S2 a go, I dunno.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024