Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CIL 13:23 - Jan 11 with 6617 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

Regular lurker, occasional poster.

Acknowledging the irony of posting this, but why does this user seem to only ever post in a manner to provoke a reaction?

There's debate and then there's blatant, regular provocation.
CIL on 09:54 - Jan 12 with 977 viewsericclacton

CIL on 09:46 - Jan 12 by caught-in-limbo

Somebody famous once said:

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

Pazelle was an example of that in action. His haters won in the end because the masses weren't open enough to entertain different views and therefore didn't defend him in large enough numbers.

It was me CIL, It was just after I finished my shift on the walzter!!!!

CIL on 09:58 - Jan 12 with 972 viewsCheltenham_Blue

CIL on 08:25 - Jan 12 by MJallday

to be honest shes

* not as bonkers as TG with the whole flying foxes or shooting cars (whatevr it was ) thing
* not at certifiable as pazelle, some of whos comments would get him beaten up in the real world
*much more thought provoking than the OP is giving her credit for

i think personally shes a bit left field, has different ideas, provokes thought but she has never (to me) come across as insulting or rude. agree with guthers - board would be a more boring place without her.

I miss TG and her ham sandwich eating Foxes in flying cars thing.
Happy Days

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

CIL on 10:07 - Jan 12 with 971 viewscaught-in-limbo

CIL on 09:48 - Jan 12 by GeoffSentence

As I recall it was his view on mental illness that seemed to pss people off more than his political views, which people were generally baffled and amused by more than anything.

I'm open to all views on mental health.

There are few psychiatrists more respected than Dr Allen Frances https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Frances

This article by Frances, which was obviously not received well by big pharmaceutical companies, suggests that views on mental health are definitely not an open and shut case:

https://www.wired.com/2010/12/ff_dsmv/

Pazelle's views on mental health fell foul of social norms, but not intellectual ones.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

CIL on 10:11 - Jan 12 with 953 viewscaught-in-limbo

CIL on 09:54 - Jan 12 by ericclacton

It was me CIL, It was just after I finished my shift on the walzter!!!!

" a whelp-packaged web of flies" should be the title of your next music thread.

#toxic

CIL on 10:23 - Jan 12 with 924 viewslowhouseblue

CIL on 09:46 - Jan 12 by caught-in-limbo

Somebody famous once said:

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

Pazelle was an example of that in action. His haters won in the end because the masses weren't open enough to entertain different views and therefore didn't defend him in large enough numbers.

the fact that the truth can appear utterly preposterous doesn't mean that the utterly preposterous must be true.

simplistic aphorisms often hide logical fallacies.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

CIL on 10:23 - Jan 12 with 919 viewsericclacton

CIL on 10:11 - Jan 12 by caught-in-limbo

" a whelp-packaged web of flies" should be the title of your next music thread.

OUCH!!!!

CIL on 10:29 - Jan 12 with 899 viewsSwailsey

CIL on 10:07 - Jan 12 by caught-in-limbo

I'm open to all views on mental health.

There are few psychiatrists more respected than Dr Allen Frances https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Frances

This article by Frances, which was obviously not received well by big pharmaceutical companies, suggests that views on mental health are definitely not an open and shut case:

https://www.wired.com/2010/12/ff_dsmv/

Pazelle's views on mental health fell foul of social norms, but not intellectual ones.

What was his stance again (without taking sides or digging up old things)?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

CIL on 10:32 - Jan 12 with 898 viewscaught-in-limbo

CIL on 10:23 - Jan 12 by lowhouseblue

the fact that the truth can appear utterly preposterous doesn't mean that the utterly preposterous must be true.

simplistic aphorisms often hide logical fallacies.

Well done lowhouse, that's brilliant.

There's no need to post pompously worded stuff that everybody knows anyway. Not everybody has been dumbed down to your level.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 10:40]

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

CIL on 10:36 - Jan 12 with 874 viewscaught-in-limbo

CIL on 10:29 - Jan 12 by Swailsey

I'm sorry, but you'll have to dig through his old posts - try Jan-March 2016.

#toxic

CIL on 11:33 - Jan 12 with 814 viewslowhouseblue

CIL on 10:32 - Jan 12 by caught-in-limbo

There's no need to post pompously worded stuff that everybody knows anyway. Not everybody has been dumbed down to your level.

I'm glad you liked it. it was a parody of the post I was replying to.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

CIL on 11:40 - Jan 12 with 786 viewsurbanblue

Indeed, steeped in irony. No doubt you are lurking offline to see the fruits of your attempt to stir up trouble. Would have thought you could have thought of something less pathetic for your one post a month!
CIL on 11:43 - Jan 12 with 777 viewsurbanblue

CIL on 13:29 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

As somebody who has crossed swords with CIL on numerous occasions I would say she brings a different and thought provoking perspective to the debate. It's not a perspective I often agree with but the board would be duller without her.

GB swims past without biting ... Respect!
CIL on 12:06 - Jan 12 with 719 viewsRyorry

CIL on 10:32 - Jan 12 by caught-in-limbo

And sorry, but that's one example of why I can't go with the thread flow on this occasion.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

CIL on 12:24 - Jan 12 with 682 viewsgiant_stow

CIL on 10:29 - Jan 12 by Swailsey

I can't remember either, but I think he really upset some people struggling with depression by being over blunt or even callous in his language.

CiL is a fantastic read and genuinely thought provoking, although lately seems unable to see past her anti-west / pro everything else standpoint. only imho. If this comment hasn't pissed you off mrs, I've always meant to ask why you have pretty ladies as avatars?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

CIL on 12:31 - Jan 12 with 667 viewsmonty_radio

CIL on 07:00 - Jan 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Copied and pasted that name and got loads of pictures of a blue cartoon tractor.

Wtf?

It's just Russian for blue tractor.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

CIL on 12:48 - Jan 12 with 622 viewsgordon

CIL on 12:24 - Jan 12 by giant_stow

I can't remember either, but I think he really upset some people struggling with depression by being over blunt or even callous in his language.

CiL is a fantastic read and genuinely thought provoking, although lately seems unable to see past her anti-west / pro everything else standpoint. only imho. If this comment hasn't pissed you off mrs, I've always meant to ask why you have pretty ladies as avatars?

The more interesting questions are surely these: what is the nature of the compromising material that Putin has over her, why has TWTD been selected for infiltration, and how high up does this thing go?
CIL on 14:39 - Jan 12 with 532 viewscaught-in-limbo

CIL on 12:06 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

And sorry, but that's one example of why I can't go with the thread flow on this occasion.

I'm sure you realise that's how mine and lowhouse's relationship works: he speaks to me in a condescending, pompous (almost avuncular) manner, so I play the role he wants: a petulant know-all. It's all a game, don't take it too seriously.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024