Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Huxley 10:22 - Jan 13 with 1751 viewsPhilTWTD

Had an email this morning giving me the sad news that David Huxley died yesterday. David used to post on here as Hux at one time but had been ill for some while and not able to get to Portman Road in recent years.

I would guess quite a few people on here will have known him from his involvement at Town. He interviewed Bobby Robson for the programme on his first day at Portman Road and knew him well, coincidentally living in Eindhoven at the same time Robson was manager at PSV. He also interviewed him for TWTD around a decade ago.

He was also involved in the Blue Arrow trains in the early seventies and was also involved in the Supporters Club in the Midlands in more recent years. RIP.
David Huxley on 10:27 - Jan 13 with 1660 viewsblueislander

Knew him back in the day. He was indeed one of the primer movers of the Blue Arrow trains, and a constant figure around the club in the 6709s and 80s. Nice guy R.I.P.
David Huxley on 10:32 - Jan 13 with 1607 viewsPJH

I did not know him personally but remember him from the Blue Arrow trains.
I have just looked through some old supporters club handbooks and there is a picture of him and the rest of the then ITFC Supporters committee in the 1967/68 Division 2 Champions edition.

edit-R.I.P.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:33]
David Huxley on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 1558 viewsPhilTWTD

David Huxley on 10:27 - Jan 13 by blueislander

Knew him back in the day. He was indeed one of the primer movers of the Blue Arrow trains, and a constant figure around the club in the 6709s and 80s. Nice guy R.I.P.

Yes, I think it was him, Bryan Knights and another chap whose name escapes me who were the main people behind the Blue Arrow trains, wasn't it?
David Huxley on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 1516 viewsblueislander

David Huxley on 10:40 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

Yes, I think it was him, Bryan Knights and another chap whose name escapes me who were the main people behind the Blue Arrow trains, wasn't it?

David Stokes was the other guy. He was the technical expert for the radio link that played on the train.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:53]
David Huxley on 10:44 - Jan 13 with 1513 viewsFixed_It

Was Richard Powell involved? Used to love going to matches on the football specials.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:44]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

David Huxley on 10:45 - Jan 13 with 1486 viewsPJH

Chunky Watson and Roger Ruffles were two others that I remember as being involved-they are both pictured in the aforementioned handbook.

Fred Garnham another one.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:46]
David Huxley on 10:47 - Jan 13 with 1451 viewsPJH

David Huxley on 10:44 - Jan 13 by Fixed_It

Was Richard Powell involved? Used to love going to matches on the football specials.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:44]

I remember Richard Powell from the shop,he was certainly involved in ticketing for trains and coaches.
David Huxley on 11:06 - Jan 13 with 1358 viewsStowTractorBoy

A top man who loved Ipswich Town F.C. I believe he lived a long way from Ipswich but this did not deter his support for the Club as he travelled regularly to games. A real gentleman and a real ITFC fan. Sincere condolences to all his family and close friends.
Login to get fewer ads

David Huxley on 11:52 - Jan 13 with 1212 viewsPhilTWTD

David Huxley on 11:06 - Jan 13 by StowTractorBoy

A top man who loved Ipswich Town F.C. I believe he lived a long way from Ipswich but this did not deter his support for the Club as he travelled regularly to games. A real gentleman and a real ITFC fan. Sincere condolences to all his family and close friends.

Lived in Birmingham. Was involved with their ice hockey club, I seem to remember.
David Huxley on 12:25 - Jan 13 with 1078 viewsITFC_Blood

rip friend, one of us.

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024