Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfielders - Stat alert! 12:47 - Jan 17 with 2318 viewspablosturn

Just looking during a very boring lunch at the games/goals ratio of our CM and it is absolutely shocking!

Given that the only real options at present seem to be Skuse, Bru, Douglas, Hyam and Bishop (players that we own and I know some are injured!lol) I have taken these 5 and this is the result:

442 games
13 goals

An amazing ratio of a goal every 37 games from these 5, says it all for me about what we need and why the first player out of our starting 11 needs to be Bru, 4 goals in 75 for an advanced CM is nothing short of abysmal.

Midfielders - Stat alert! on 16:28 - Jan 17 with 370 viewstheipswichman

Midfielders - Stat alert! on 15:33 - Jan 17 by pablosturn

If you think Bru is instructed to be defensive role as often as offensive then there, in a nutshell, is the issue with MM lately. turning players into defensive players.

He very rarely bursts out with the ball, he has such poor creativity which is my main issue along with our distinct lack of goals which most people seem to have missed when reading my post.

Most saying my observation of lack of creativity and goal scoring ability is not correct but the stats are there for all to see.

You do realise there's more to football than just the goal scorer and the person who assisted it, right? The fact is Bru has got us playing better football on the floor, helping move the ball out wide or to the forward players, doesn't get any stat recorded for it but it is vital to us instead of smashing the ball to the opposition defence.
Midfielders - Stat alert! on 16:30 - Jan 17 with 365 viewspablosturn

Midfielders - Stat alert! on 16:28 - Jan 17 by theipswichman

You do realise there's more to football than just the goal scorer and the person who assisted it, right? The fact is Bru has got us playing better football on the floor, helping move the ball out wide or to the forward players, doesn't get any stat recorded for it but it is vital to us instead of smashing the ball to the opposition defence.

So who is our creative outlet in the middle of midfield mr genius?

I thinkyou will find most teams have a CM that can either create a lot of chances or score more than a handful of goals. I am just stating facts that are there as to where we are deficient.

Bru isn't the player to change that and you normally only play 2/3 CMs so Skuse and Bru together isn't a good pairing is it? 5 goals in over 200 games, wowza
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024