Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay 17:00 - Jan 18 with 16629 viewscarlisleaway

Push McCarthy on behalf of TWTD to leave or protect your position

This site has funded you well over the past few years time to show your colours.....
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 11:37 - Jan 19 with 557 viewsRyorry

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 10:59 - Jan 19 by WeWereZombies

Obviously not very long but it would go down in a blaze of glory...well, a melt of glory anyway...

Love the way trnc asks for harder questioning by TWTD of those at ITFC, then in the same post requests that TWTD also allows illicit streams which directly compete with ITFC's 'Player' to be posted and remain on open forum. Perhaps he'd prefer the possible outcome of Phil not being given any access at all to MM, Milne etc for interviews!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 11:48 - Jan 19 with 514 viewsWeWereZombies

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 11:37 - Jan 19 by Ryorry

Love the way trnc asks for harder questioning by TWTD of those at ITFC, then in the same post requests that TWTD also allows illicit streams which directly compete with ITFC's 'Player' to be posted and remain on open forum. Perhaps he'd prefer the possible outcome of Phil not being given any access at all to MM, Milne etc for interviews!

Putting the streaming issues to one side I do not see it like that. When I first encountered the magazine and then found the forum a few years later TWTD was one of the few voices of ordinary fans and was at more than arms length from the club, and often at loggerheads with the club over ticket prices, stewarding and so on. ITFC AGMs would have a few disparaging, even sneering, remarks about the fanzine at best - I don't think TWTD was welcome at press conferences in those days.

But, and I think this started with Sheepshanks, the club realised that there was a coherent voice that gave a less acquiescent opinion than the official supporters club and was worth listening to. Gav and Phil for their part have persisted with making the case unto this day, but have become more measured in their approach (and got invites to the press conferences on the way). All the same, that spirit of irreverence that reminds that football is only a game and supporting it can be a damn stupid waste of money at times is a bit more muted now and we don't seem to have quite the same ability to laugh at ourselves that the 'old' TWTD had.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 12:45]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024