Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The icy hand of Brexit... 09:55 - Jan 19 with 2433 viewsunstableblue

... consumer spending bubble, true cost of low pound, financial and manufacturing drain coming, lack of whitehall skills and capacity combine with significant demands from new 'trade' partners, academia cl*ster feck...

I'm hoping for a good 'holding deal' whilst true negotiations are going on... say 5% tariffs or less. The WTO structure at 10% will basically kill us. I think the final settlement of 'Hard Brexit' will be more than just tariffs, regulatory hurdles.

Pharmas will be next to exit.

Put your tin hat and ride it baby.

Did Brexiteers really want this?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The icy hand of Brexit... on 09:59 - Jan 19 with 1671 viewschicoazul

"Pharmas will be next to exit" ahahahahaha no they wont. And youre acting like a consumer spending bubble is something new as opposed to what this country's economy has been built on for the last 30 years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:01 - Jan 19 with 1658 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Oh for heaven sakes! Just accept it! We are leaving the EU! Enough of these Britexits threads!

Nothing anyone says will stop britexit!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:01 - Jan 19 with 1664 viewshype313

I think we have to put this all into perspective, both from the remain side and the leave side, it's all about greed and as long as "I'm ok jack" attitude we have.

People talking about Armageddon and all these scare stories make me laugh, if everyone really wants to see what hardship is like then house swap with a Syrian.

10% here and there, WTO etc is all a load of bollxs, we won't starve and be forced to live in caves.

People need to get a bit of perspective.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 10:02]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:04 - Jan 19 with 1639 viewsJ2BLUE

What i'd like is for remainers to stop posting that the sky is falling in every time there is a negative sign and then when there is a positive sign retreat to 'you know we haven't left yet right?'.

Lets wait and see what the deal is. Brexit seems to be a really good thing to blame existing problems on at the moment. We aren't really going to know if it was a victory for 5 years or so after we leave.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:05 - Jan 19 with 1626 viewsGlasgowBlue

What a massive blub. The single market is open to all advanced economies, in exchange for paying a relatively modest tariff of 3 to 4%. We have to pay £8-£9 billion into the EU budget each year which is the equivalent of a tariff of apox 7%on our goods. So our free access is not free access at all. We currently avoid paying a 3% tariff by actually paying 7% fee is crazy economics.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:05 - Jan 19 with 1620 viewshype313

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:04 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

What i'd like is for remainers to stop posting that the sky is falling in every time there is a negative sign and then when there is a positive sign retreat to 'you know we haven't left yet right?'.

Lets wait and see what the deal is. Brexit seems to be a really good thing to blame existing problems on at the moment. We aren't really going to know if it was a victory for 5 years or so after we leave.

Can this be a sticky please.

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:07 - Jan 19 with 1604 viewsSwn98

Bit like the news forum when we win 3 pages when we lose 11.
The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:13 - Jan 19 with 1569 viewsWD19

Meanwhile the happy clappers will continue to cling to every brexit positive they can find. Sound familiar....
Login to get fewer ads

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:16 - Jan 19 with 1545 viewsScuzzer

This is the football thread...please take this elsewhere. We have bigger fish to fry here.

Established 1968

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:22 - Jan 19 with 1503 viewswkj

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:13 - Jan 19 by WD19

Meanwhile the happy clappers will continue to cling to every brexit positive they can find. Sound familiar....

Holy crackers! Your cow died

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:26 - Jan 19 with 1476 viewshammo56

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:01 - Jan 19 by hype313

I think we have to put this all into perspective, both from the remain side and the leave side, it's all about greed and as long as "I'm ok jack" attitude we have.

People talking about Armageddon and all these scare stories make me laugh, if everyone really wants to see what hardship is like then house swap with a Syrian.

10% here and there, WTO etc is all a load of bollxs, we won't starve and be forced to live in caves.

Best post I have read on this subject in ages.
The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:34 - Jan 19 with 1428 viewsfactual_blue

You're completely wrong. Let me explain

© Well - you know who.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:35 - Jan 19 with 1425 viewsGlasgowBlue

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:13 - Jan 19 by WD19

Cling to? It seems to me that most sensible leavers live in the positivity of the here and now whilst the extreme wing of the remain camp continue to make doom laden predictions which they have no idea if they will will happen or not.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 10:36]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:36 - Jan 19 with 1416 viewsfactual_blue

The 2037 nuclear armageddon will cause you to starve, live in caves or die a horrible death from irradiation.

When the missiles start landing, get as close as you can to one. Then at least your shadow will be preserved for eternity.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:36 - Jan 19 with 1411 viewsclive_baker

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:05 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

What a massive blub. The single market is open to all advanced economies, in exchange for paying a relatively modest tariff of 3 to 4%. We have to pay £8-£9 billion into the EU budget each year which is the equivalent of a tariff of apox 7%on our goods. So our free access is not free access at all. We currently avoid paying a 3% tariff by actually paying 7% fee is crazy economics.

Furthermore, no mention of the non-tariff barriers which actually make trading between EU member states more difficult than EU member to Non EU in many instances, and determine where trade is conducted. I have experience of this first hand within financial services. The 3% tariffs pale into insignificance in comparison to these. There are huge opportunities economically from outside of the EU, and I don't think anyone who made an informed Exit vote didn't expect short and mid term economic uncertainty.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:37 - Jan 19 with 1409 viewshype313

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:26 - Jan 19 by hammo56

Best post I have read on this subject in ages.

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:40 - Jan 19 with 1382 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Whichever way you voted BREXIT WON'T end up in the exact place they thought.

May's ideal outcome surely will change with negotiations
The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:41 - Jan 19 with 1380 viewshype313

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:36 - Jan 19 by factual_blue

The 2037 nuclear armageddon will cause you to starve, live in caves or die a horrible death from irradiation.

When the missiles start landing, get as close as you can to one. Then at least your shadow will be preserved for eternity.

I'll be dodging the missiles whilst on my Hoverboard.

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:46 - Jan 19 with 1360 viewshype313

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:40 - Jan 19 by BtreeBlueBlood

Whichever way you voted BREXIT WON'T end up in the exact place they thought.

May's ideal outcome surely will change with negotiations

No one truly knows.

But this constant scaremongering does my head in.

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:47 - Jan 19 with 1357 viewsSwansea_Blue

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:01 - Jan 19 by Ipswich_Crazy

Oh for heaven sakes! Just accept it! We are leaving the EU! Enough of these Britexits threads!

Nothing anyone says will stop britexit!

What's Britexit? Pulling out of Britney Spears?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:48 - Jan 19 with 1348 viewsm14_blue

Couldn't agree more, it's very tiresome.

Although, as ever, the reverse is also just as true every time there is any slightly positive economic news.
The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:50 - Jan 19 with 1336 viewsNewcyBlue

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:47 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

Be a gent and leave it in.....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:51 - Jan 19 with 1328 viewshype313

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:47 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

Think you could abseil out these days...

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:52 - Jan 19 with 1319 viewsSwansea_Blue

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:50 - Jan 19 by NewcyBlue

Be a gent and leave it in.....

And be one of the 48?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:56 - Jan 19 with 1296 viewsNewcyBlue

The icy hand of Brexit... on 10:52 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

And be one of the 48?

I shall watch out for the video of that one. She won't be able to sit down for a while after!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024