Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think those two interview pieces 17:58 - Jan 19 with 2982 viewsJakeITFC

Have McCarthy coming across really well.

It's easy in all of this to become so entrenched one way or another in an opinion about a player, manager or owner and to let that fuzz things up a little in such a way that we act irrationally or say things out of turn.

It looks as though he's going to be our manager until the end of the year (and probably no more) and the stuff from the club (as sceptical as we all may be) is promising about buying the right players and blooding the youths.

I'd like the rest of the season to be a free shot for everybody. For ME to put his hand in his pocket and buy some good will from the fans, from the players, young and old, to show why they should be playing here, for McCarthy to repair some of the damage done to his legacy, and for us, the fans, to get behind it all in a big way.

If we are serious about going about things in a different way at this level, the next 18 months are important on and off the field. So I just hope that everybody is onboard and that the club finally start to deliver on promises.
I think those two interview pieces on 19:38 - Jan 19 with 855 viewsReuser_is_God

I think those two interview pieces on 19:17 - Jan 19 by ITFCBlues

Agree 100%.

It's a funny old situation for me. I've been Micks biggest critic over the last 2-3 years, but I can't see a better man for the job & I hope he turns this around. He's a decent bloke & manager. We're working on a very limited budget. One that doesn't allow us to compete in the top 6. In recent weeks we've seen the youngsters given a chance which is what we all wanted. We're suffering badly with injuries which isn't helping.

Yes the style must improve and I'm sure over the months ahead that will change. We can't go from hoof ball to Barcelona overnight.

But right now, we need to get behind the team and Mick. Hopefully he can turn this around & we can put some things in place for next season.

My only gripe at present is our inept attempts to sign players. I can't believe we're almost 3 weeks into the window and have failed to nail a striker. Shambles!

Good post but we need to stop this 'going from hoofball to Barcelona' nonsense because no one expects that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I think those two interview pieces on 19:42 - Jan 19 with 834 viewsJohnny_Boy

I think those two interview pieces on 19:38 - Jan 19 by Reuser_is_God

Good post but we need to stop this 'going from hoofball to Barcelona' nonsense because no one expects that.

Going from 'Hoofball to Lincoln' would be an encouraging start.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 19:44]
I think those two interview pieces on 19:47 - Jan 19 with 813 viewsITFCBlues

I think those two interview pieces on 19:38 - Jan 19 by Reuser_is_God

Agree. But it will be a gradual process. We need a change of personnel - a complete clear out.

Some players like Berra showed the other night they're just not capable of playing out from the back. Knudsen poor as well. We've no one in the midfield to make things tick. Perhaps Bishop can play that role but he can't stay fit. There is fundamental flaws within the squad that mean we cant play a more expansive style of football.

Is Mick the right man to change the style and rebuild the squad? I'm not sure. But I think he deserves the chance

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I think those two interview pieces on 19:58 - Jan 19 with 799 viewsbrogansnose

I think those two interview pieces on 19:17 - Jan 19 by ITFCBlues

Agree 100%.

It's a funny old situation for me. I've been Micks biggest critic over the last 2-3 years, but I can't see a better man for the job & I hope he turns this around. He's a decent bloke & manager. We're working on a very limited budget. One that doesn't allow us to compete in the top 6. In recent weeks we've seen the youngsters given a chance which is what we all wanted. We're suffering badly with injuries which isn't helping.

Yes the style must improve and I'm sure over the months ahead that will change. We can't go from hoof ball to Barcelona overnight.

But right now, we need to get behind the team and Mick. Hopefully he can turn this around & we can put some things in place for next season.

My only gripe at present is our inept attempts to sign players. I can't believe we're almost 3 weeks into the window and have failed to nail a striker. Shambles!

Now if I was a conspiracy theorist , or just plain suspicious, I would think that Mick wants out and that Evans wants him to stay until the end of the season so that he can sort out a replacement who , hopefully, can move the club forward and not drop him in the merde regarding relegation. We've heard this song before from the club and Mick about signings being beyond our reach and you have to question whether this is all mirrors and smoke to leave more money in the pot for his successor in the Summer which would all make sense. However, this could all be Brogan bowlucks. Either way the question for me is who succeeds Mick because if its some no mark like Megson or Cotterill then I'm out.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:43 - Jan 20 with 695 viewsLeoMuff

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:34 - Jan 19 by textbackup

Thought so.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024