Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin McGuinness 21:05 - Jan 19 with 29389 viewsvapour_trail

Farewell to a political heavyweight. One of the key players in the creation of the current relatively peaceful northern Ireland and a man with a pretty grim past.

He will be missed.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Martin McGuinness on 23:56 - Jan 19 with 2941 viewsgtsb1966

Martin McGuinness on 23:52 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

If celebrating Thatcher's death makes me a bigot then I'm a bigot
She ruined the lifes of many BRITISH working class
She celebrated the war crime of sinking a retreating Belgrano
She sold EVERYTHING British off
She invented the greed is good mentality

If the Irish don't allow English, others in pubs, bars then they are bang out of order
I've got an English staffy - I don't mind them

Have to admit, that last statement made me laugh. With that I will bid you all goodnight.
Martin McGuinness on 23:56 - Jan 19 with 2941 viewsfactual_blue

Martin McGuinness on 23:50 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

The subject was Martin McGuiness. The original poster said he'd be missed. I said not by the relatives of the people murdered by the IRA of which McGuinness was a member. I know the British over the years have done some appalling crimes too. Ain't I clever oh wise one.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 23:53]

Fair enough - there are others on this thread displaying woeful ignorance though.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Martin McGuinness on 23:59 - Jan 19 with 2922 viewsBogblue

The subject was Martin McGuiness. The original poster said he'd be missed. I said not by the relatives of the people murdered by the IRA of which McGuinness was a member. I know the British over the years have done some appalling crimes too. Ain't I clever oh wise one.

you have a balanced view which seems like a rarer and rarer thing on this forum
Martin McGuinness on 00:02 - Jan 20 with 2912 viewsLord_Lucan

Martin McGuinness on 23:43 - Jan 19 by Jonnosdreadlocks

i hate the royals but to say you rejoice of the queens death and maggie t's because you dont agree with them makes you a bigot. There are irish pubs in north london in England!that only allow irish in. A lot of irish have a huge chip on their shoulder about the british (specifically the english) but dont forget ireland was invaded first by the vikings and the normans, who invaded too england first! yes people like cromwell did terrible stuff and irish history is complicated but atrocties in the name of a united ireland are far more recent.

Feck me. How far do you want to go back?

Raking up things that happened in a different world is bloody pointless. I really can't understand seemingly intelligent people on this thread spouting so much sh1t. Factual blue, we plainly don't get on but your post leaves me cold. Wake up man. Sorry but I can't believe so many people on here are so bloody clueless.

Isis? They are not a threat. The RA were though

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Martin McGuinness on 00:13 - Jan 20 with 2888 viewsbluebud

If the Irish don't allow English, others in pubs, bars then they are bang out of order

...not really.

...it needed to be done, it was a good move.

...she modernised a few things.

...she most certainly didn't, it's a quote from a Hollywood film.
Martin McGuinness on 00:16 - Jan 20 with 2877 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 00:02 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

Feck me. How far do you want to go back?

Raking up things that happened in a different world is bloody pointless. I really can't understand seemingly intelligent people on this thread spouting so much sh1t. Factual blue, we plainly don't get on but your post leaves me cold. Wake up man. Sorry but I can't believe so many people on here are so bloody clueless.

Isis? They are not a threat. The RA were though

The RA weren't an extreme religious death cult
They proved they could put weapons down - ISIS never will

ISIS are on a bigger scale
The fat orange perv US president Trump will reinvigorate ISIS by indiscriminately bombing innocents in Syria with the Russians.

If you genuinely don't think ISIS are a threat then I'm stunned
Martin McGuinness on 00:17 - Jan 20 with 2861 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Oh I see. You're just a tw@t
Martin McGuinness on 00:20 - Jan 20 with 2839 viewsvapour_trail

Martin McGuinness on 23:03 - Jan 19 by sparks

What a despicable view. Wishing people dead on the grounds that they disagree with you.

Mcguiness supported murder and has now orchestrated the collapse of power sharing. He has always negotiated with guns under the table.

You do realise, presumably, that the majority of people in NI wished and still wish to be part of the UK?

As did the crown sparks.

Mcguinness has a pretty horrendous past, however his work in later life has been well played.

Login to get fewer ads

Martin McGuinness on 00:24 - Jan 20 with 2818 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 00:17 - Jan 20 by FrowsyArmLarry

Oh I see. You're just a tw@t

Thought you would have agreed with me
I'm a huge Bernie fan myself
Martin McGuinness on 00:27 - Jan 20 with 2801 viewsvapour_trail

He will be missed.

There's terrible deeds on both sides of this argument, and mcguinness committed some of them.

He's also done some good work. NI is in the best place it has been in my lifetime.

Appreciate your balanced view gtsb, as always. Cheers.

Martin McGuinness on 00:29 - Jan 20 with 2784 viewsvapour_trail

Martin McGuinness on 23:43 - Jan 19 by Jonnosdreadlocks

i hate the royals but to say you rejoice of the queens death and maggie t's because you dont agree with them makes you a bigot. There are irish pubs in north london in England!that only allow irish in. A lot of irish have a huge chip on their shoulder about the british (specifically the english) but dont forget ireland was invaded first by the vikings and the normans, who invaded too england first! yes people like cromwell did terrible stuff and irish history is complicated but atrocties in the name of a united ireland are far more recent.

Good grief.

Martin McGuinness on 00:35 - Jan 20 with 2763 viewsLord_Lucan

Martin McGuinness on 23:59 - Jan 19 by Bogblue

you have a balanced view which seems like a rarer and rarer thing on this forum

The British army have been involved in some terrible stuff. Let's wake up a bit though, for example, Bloody Sunday. You have a load of very young soldiers shi1ting themselves. They are in a crappy area getting targeted by snipers. They didn't want to be in that situation, they were kids that joined the army because they needed to earn a living. What they done was a resolt of fear. What they didn't do was blow tube trains up knowing that infants would be splattered over the windows. Don't ever defend those bastards.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Martin McGuinness on 00:41 - Jan 20 with 2727 viewsvapour_trail

Martin McGuinness on 00:35 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

The British army have been involved in some terrible stuff. Let's wake up a bit though, for example, Bloody Sunday. You have a load of very young soldiers shi1ting themselves. They are in a crappy area getting targeted by snipers. They didn't want to be in that situation, they were kids that joined the army because they needed to earn a living. What they done was a resolt of fear. What they didn't do was blow tube trains up knowing that infants would be splattered over the windows. Don't ever defend those bastards.

I won't argue with that LL.

I wouldn't compare it negatively with any other of out political leaders of the past 30 years and their behaviour in far flung combat zones. Don't ever defend those bastards.

Martin McGuinness on 00:41 - Jan 20 with 2721 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 00:35 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

They weren't under attack as soldiers, to their credit have admitted, they then planted weapons on the kids and young adults they butchered.

Then you have shoot to kill. Thatcher okaying loyalist death squads to pop Pat Finucane as he sat with his kids.

I have never and would never defend any innocents being killed

But to be a Brit on an high horse is richer than a billionaire
Martin McGuinness on 00:42 - Jan 20 with 2710 viewsLord_Lucan

Martin McGuinness on 00:20 - Jan 20 by vapour_trail

As did the crown sparks.

Mcguinness has a pretty horrendous past, however his work in later life has been well played.

If Peter Sutcliffe started a campaign to rid the streets of knife wielding murdering rapists I'm not sure I would change my perception of him to be honest.

Martin McGuinness on 00:46 - Jan 20 with 2701 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 00:41 - Jan 20 by vapour_trail

I won't argue with that LL.

I wouldn't compare it negatively with any other of out political leaders of the past 30 years and their behaviour in far flung combat zones. Don't ever defend those bastards.

Martin McGuinness has a lot less blood on his hands than :

Thatcher - Belgrano (was sailing away, harmless) although the British were right to defend the Falklands from a fascist Argentinean junta
Colluding with loyalist death squads in Ireland

BLIAR - Killed untold in Iraq, paving the way for Isis to flourish, Iraq is still on fire courtesy of his war crimes and lies

Cameron - ruined Libya, another ISIS hotspot

Moral is stop warmongering
Martin McGuinness on 00:53 - Jan 20 with 2673 viewsLord_Lucan

Martin McGuinness on 00:41 - Jan 20 by IpswichIrish

They weren't under attack as soldiers, to their credit have admitted, they then planted weapons on the kids and young adults they butchered.

Then you have shoot to kill. Thatcher okaying loyalist death squads to pop Pat Finucane as he sat with his kids.

I have never and would never defend any innocents being killed

But to be a Brit on an high horse is richer than a billionaire

Im sort of presuming that you know that the British army were sent over to your manor in order to protect the catholic population.

Martin McGuinness on 00:53 - Jan 20 with 2672 viewsvapour_trail

Martin McGuinness on 00:42 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

If Peter Sutcliffe started a campaign to rid the streets of knife wielding murdering rapists I'm not sure I would change my perception of him to be honest.

Me neither.

It's different though. That's wilful rape and murder vs a belief of national occupancy. Whether the latter is correct or not, that's the landscape.

Martin McGuinness on 01:03 - Jan 20 with 2633 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 00:53 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

Im sort of presuming that you know that the British army were sent over to your manor in order to protect the catholic population.

Originally yes
But in the main they were hugely anti Irish Catholic
Martin McGuinness on 01:05 - Jan 20 with 2629 viewsbluebud

Martin McGuinness on 00:46 - Jan 20 by IpswichIrish

Thatcher - Belgrano (was sailing away, harmless) although the British were right to defend the Falklands from a fascist Argentinean junta

BLIAR - Killed untold in Iraq, paving the way for Isis to flourish, Iraq is still on fire courtesy of his war crimes and lies

"Thatcher - Belgrano (was sailing away, harmless) although the British were right to defend the Falklands from a fascist Argentinean junta "

...yeah, we were right to sink the key military asset, regardless of the exclusion, it would've been killing us days later. It differs from your strategy against "occupation" in so much as there were no murdered children and families involved........and cowards.
Martin McGuinness on 02:14 - Jan 20 with 2548 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Martin McGuinness on 23:24 - Jan 19 by jeera

Shut up.

He's already got a dozen on his back.

Stick to your incorrect football views instead of ganging up to bully.

who are you his agent. bullying wtf are you on about?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Martin McGuinness on 02:30 - Jan 20 with 2522 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Martin McGuinness on 00:46 - Jan 20 by IpswichIrish

The thing you keep saying that I take issue with is that bit about the Belgrano. You do realise that it had just torpedoed a British ship when it was sunk right? It was hardly 'harmless' as you put it and shines a light on the way you look at things. Obviously though Blair is um... expletive deleted
Martin McGuinness on 02:57 - Jan 20 with 2496 viewsjeera

Martin McGuinness on 02:30 - Jan 20 by FrowsyArmLarry

The thing you keep saying that I take issue with is that bit about the Belgrano. You do realise that it had just torpedoed a British ship when it was sunk right? It was hardly 'harmless' as you put it and shines a light on the way you look at things. Obviously though Blair is um... expletive deleted

Which boat did the Belgrano torpedo?

I can't remember.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Martin McGuinness on 03:11 - Jan 20 with 2480 viewsjeera

Martin McGuinness on 02:14 - Jan 20 by Jonnosdreadlocks

who are you his agent. bullying wtf are you on about?

You have nothing to offer.

Martin McGuinness on 03:12 - Jan 20 with 2472 viewsjeera

Martin McGuinness on 01:05 - Jan 20 by bluebud

"Thatcher - Belgrano (was sailing away, harmless) although the British were right to defend the Falklands from a fascist Argentinean junta "

...yeah, we were right to sink the key military asset, regardless of the exclusion, it would've been killing us days later. It differs from your strategy against "occupation" in so much as there were no murdered children and families involved........and cowards.

" It differs from your strategy against "occupation" in so much as there were no murdered children and families involved........and cowards"

What on earth are you talking about?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024