Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post 21:46 - Jan 21 with 2260 viewsjasondozzell

Players never lack effort. It's a lack of quality, injuries and no coherent attacking pattern of play since murph left that is our problem.

Our midfield is our weakness. Bru and Skuse are technically good players but they are not that athletic and lack the drive to get us going forward; they are better playing from deep. The Hudds number 37 (issy something ) was the best player on the pitch today. He is physically strong, quick and has a great touch - it was him running with the ball and playing balls around the corner that caused us no end of problems. We lack a driving midfielder to get us in behind. Dozzell has the skill but not the engine yet. We end up going wide and at the moment there is no one in box to get on end.

Watching today made me realise that it is not all Mick's fault. He has done well with limited funds and probably over achieved. We probably are a struggling mid table side. There has been a lack of investment and injuries to players have not helped. Where should we be? I doubt many managers could get this squad near top 6.

Mick has his faults though. And he's been stubborn at times. But sacking him isn't going to fix everything.

It was good to see support for the team today. Those booing Douglas are idiots. He's become a scapegoat but booing your own player on the pitch is wrong.

Hudds very good. Good to watch. They play the ball around the corner and link up nicely.

Moore did okay when he came on. Spence bright.

Marcus needs to replace murph.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 22:09]
Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 01:37 - Jan 22 with 1689 viewsLord_Lucan

That's a refreshing and eloquent read. Where do we go from here? We have a proven talented manager that has lost it

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 01:41 - Jan 22 with 1674 viewsLankHenners

It's not as simple as this, but essentially Marcus missed his opportunity to back Mick, and now Mick's found himself in a situation he can't reverse, even with additional funding. Marcus needs to up his current investment for us to move forwards but why would he suddenly throw money at a new manager when he could risk doing another Keane or Jewell.

As a club, we've been pretty damn good at missing opportunities for the last 15 years.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 01:46 - Jan 22 with 1645 viewspointofblue

Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 01:37 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

That's a refreshing and eloquent read. Where do we go from here? We have a proven talented manager that has lost it

We need to find Mick McCarthy mark II. Someone who did what he did when he first took over.

Seriusly easier said than done.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 02:16 - Jan 22 with 1584 viewsStNeotsBlue

The midfield has been our Achilles heel for the last couple of years, totally one (slow)paced, no goals, no attacking threat but are undroppable as they protect our defence!

Norwich away aside, there isn't anything for us to get excited about, if we get humped at their place I dread to think how I'll react.
Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 08:42 - Jan 22 with 1242 viewsjasondozzell

Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 01:37 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Thank you!
That's the million dollar question, isn't it. It's probably deeply unpopular, but maybe Mick needs time to rebuild. But time is not something the support will want to give after 18 months of poor entertainment
Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 08:44 - Jan 22 with 1226 viewsjasondozzell

Just back from Huddersfield - common sense post on 01:41 - Jan 22 by LankHenners

It's not as simple as this, but essentially Marcus missed his opportunity to back Mick, and now Mick's found himself in a situation he can't reverse, even with additional funding. Marcus needs to up his current investment for us to move forwards but why would he suddenly throw money at a new manager when he could risk doing another Keane or Jewell.

As a club, we've been pretty damn good at missing opportunities for the last 15 years.

We really have. We seem addicted to crushing hope!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024