Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge 21:46 - Jan 21 with 4269 viewsJohnyJohnson

He lives in Ipswich and is not ruling out another managerial post. Please ITFC do the right thing!

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/story-george-burley-remarkable-ipswich-te
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:48 - Jan 21 with 2994 viewscruncher

No thanks.
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:48 - Jan 21 with 2994 viewstextbackup

Love that man

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:50 - Jan 21 with 2970 viewsJ2BLUE

I would definitely bring him in until the end of the season. Beyond that, I don't think it's a great idea.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:52 - Jan 21 with 2941 viewssuperfan

I'm desperate, so why not.
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:58 - Jan 21 with 2877 viewstextbackup

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:50 - Jan 21 by J2BLUE

I would definitely bring him in until the end of the season. Beyond that, I don't think it's a great idea.

Yeah his football was so hard to watch....

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:59 - Jan 21 with 2867 viewsCoco

Should never have been sacked.

“One of the biggest parts of my job that I enjoyed was bringing young players through”

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:59 - Jan 21 with 2866 viewsxrayspecs

Has not managed for 10+ years, since when football has changed massively. Bruce Rioch anyone?
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:03 - Jan 21 with 2817 viewsSitfcB

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:48 - Jan 21 by textbackup

Love that man

You had your opportunity to asked him back the other day!!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:05 - Jan 21 with 2785 viewsHereford_Blue

I see exactly what you're saying.

I'm 32 - started following the Town when I was 4/5 (1988-89).

Was a fan through the highs of joining the Premier League (although living in Ireland at the time), the massive lows of the mid 90-s Premiership years.

Had the best times of my lifetime supporting the Town with George in charge. I'll NEVER forget the woman next to me with the high pitched scream up in the ceiling of the Pioneer when Jim scored to take the Bolton tie to extra time. Will never forget telling the bloke next to me that I'd never been to Wembley just as the full time whistle was going (and then meeting him again in the queue for PO final tickets, giving him spare stubs, and then meeting him AGAIN at Wembley!), and above all else, will NEVER, EVER forget that Wembley game. Best feeling of my life.

We have to be very careful though, of wishing after what we've already have.

It's a funny old thing - those on the board who were around for Bobby's years (and in some cases Alf's) will remember those years in the same way I remember George's.

What we have to do is look forward though. We all need to do that, however difficult the present may be - there will be better times ahead for the Town.

No solutions here I know.

COYB
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:10 - Jan 21 with 2728 viewsIllinoisblue

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:59 - Jan 21 by xrayspecs

Has not managed for 10+ years, since when football has changed massively. Bruce Rioch anyone?

Changed massively? Really? Finances have, the game itself hasn't.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:12 - Jan 21 with 2688 viewspatrickswell

Don't go back. He gave us the best times, I've known as a Town fan....and also started the process which has led us to where we are today.
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:13 - Jan 21 with 2660 viewsPendejo

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:59 - Jan 21 by xrayspecs

Has football changed that much.

It is still 90 minutes in which to score more goals than the opposition to gain 3 points for a win.
It is still 11 on pitch including 1 goalkeeper plus subs.

Whilst my heart yearns for a return of the best of Burley, my head says you may have a point.

BUT has football really changed that much other than the inflation in wages.

It is still formulating a plan, hopefully A, B and C - minimum. Then coaching the players to that plan and man manging them to buy into that plan for the team, squad and individually. Identifying the players to fit that plan if the ones you have do not quite fit.

Most importantly of all. Remembering that football maybe results oriented but it is still supposed to be entertainment, fans don´t spend their hard earned watching something that is possibly no better than can be seen on the pitches of Bourne, Chantry and other parks and sports centres across Suffolk.

If GB is the answer fantastic, can´t be worse than the RK or PJ experiments can it.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:14 - Jan 21 with 2661 viewsHereford_Blue

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:12 - Jan 21 by patrickswell

Don't go back. He gave us the best times, I've known as a Town fan....and also started the process which has led us to where we are today.

This is exactly where I think I was trying to go with my much more long-winded post - I would hate for anything hat the man did to undermine the memories I have of his team in 1999/2000.
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:15 - Jan 21 with 2636 viewsJ2BLUE

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:58 - Jan 21 by textbackup

Yeah his football was so hard to watch....

I don't want him back for good because it would probably end badly with no investment from the owner and I don't want his legacy tarnished. Posters like you would soon be calling him a 'cnt' if it all goes wrong.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:18 - Jan 21 with 2584 viewsJohnyJohnson

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:12 - Jan 21 by patrickswell

After finishing 5th in prem at first attempt most fans were confident we would be safe the next season. In hindsight the high cost additions to the squad broke team spirit and wage structure but at the time we had a small squad and most managers would have made exactly the same mistake (IMO)
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:23 - Jan 21 with 2532 viewsPendejo

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:18 - Jan 21 by JohnyJohnson

After finishing 5th in prem at first attempt most fans were confident we would be safe the next season. In hindsight the high cost additions to the squad broke team spirit and wage structure but at the time we had a small squad and most managers would have made exactly the same mistake (IMO)

I seem to recall that local press and fans wanted a marque signing and money spent, so the club - I´ll include Burley and Sheepshanks moved away from the principles that had taken them to 5th place and suffered for it. An experience, one would assert fits in the what doesn´t kill you makes you stronger category.

All that has gone before is done, what follows is there to be written...

I´m reading that Pep is not enjoying life at Massive City... worth a punt

uberima fides

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:29 - Jan 21 with 2456 viewstextbackup

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:03 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

You had your opportunity to asked him back the other day!!!

Too chicken sht weren't I! Plus he was reading the sports pages in the eadt, I didn't want to interrupt

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:30 - Jan 21 with 2444 viewsPlums

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:10 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

Changed massively? Really? Finances have, the game itself hasn't.

Sports science and detailed data now play a major part in giving teams an edge. Will he be up to speed with all of that? I often wonder whether Mick is...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:30 - Jan 21 with 2442 viewsHereford_Blue

Have just read the actual article and couldn't quite make it to the end.

TWTD
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:37 - Jan 21 with 2368 viewsjeera

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:29 - Jan 21 by textbackup

Too chicken sht weren't I! Plus he was reading the sports pages in the eadt, I didn't want to interrupt

Where was this?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:38 - Jan 21 with 2365 viewsPendejo

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:30 - Jan 21 by Plums

Sports science and detailed data now play a major part in giving teams an edge. Will he be up to speed with all of that? I often wonder whether Mick is...

Maybe that´s what he´s been doing these past years studying such methods to aid him when or if he gets back into the game.

uberima fides

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:38 - Jan 21 with 2359 viewsJohnyJohnson

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:30 - Jan 21 by Hereford_Blue

Have just read the actual article and couldn't quite make it to the end.

TWTD

Will never forget that day at old Wembley, one of the last games with the towers. Best game of my life, sadly I missed the Bolton semis! Watching the Lincoln game on TV just shows how far back in time we have gone. Our current team may be fitter and have a better balance of vitamins, but the team of 2000 would have smashed Lincoln.
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:40 - Jan 21 with 2343 viewsjeera

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 21:50 - Jan 21 by J2BLUE

I think whoever were to come in at this stage should only be on an initial agreement regardless.

Bit of time to assess what's what for all involved.

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:44 - Jan 21 with 2310 viewsIllinoisblue

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:30 - Jan 21 by Plums

You don't need sports science to tell you how to pass to the men in a blue shirt.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:49 - Jan 21 with 2278 viewsjeera

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:44 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

You don't need sports science to tell you how to pass to the men in a blue shirt.

Formations that have long been dismissed as archaic are now welcome back.

Sometimes people try to over complicate things huh?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024