Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 worst managers in a row Town have had 11:11 - Jan 22 with 3754 viewsRickOShea

this has to lay at Evans feet as he appointed them all.
We have a non football man owning our club with mouthpieces such as Clegg and now Milne who equally know sod all.
As fans we need to demonstrate to him enough is enough.
Do we not attend anymore as many have done, do we not renew season tickets (Many will of course unconditionally) ,wait and get relegated, a possibility at present.
Answers anyone ?
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:28 - Jan 22 with 2447 viewsTractorCam

Mick clearly isn't in this category is he?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:28 - Jan 22 with 2442 viewsITFCBlues

Yeah, Micks been terrible.

Get a grip

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:30 - Jan 22 with 2429 viewsbrightonitfc

MM isn't in the worst three.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:30 - Jan 22 with 2425 viewschristiand

Where does MM rank with regards to our recent managerial history? Order the following in terms of good management of the club: burley, bfj, magilton, Jewell, Keane and MM.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:32 - Jan 22 with 2397 viewsDubtractor

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:28 - Jan 22 by ITFCBlues

Yeah, Micks been terrible.

Get a grip

Hang on, haven't you spent the last 2 years moaning about him?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:33 - Jan 22 with 2370 viewsDyland

The answer is that you're wrong if you think McCarthy is in the top three worst ITFC managers. If this is your view there's not much point discussing anything else football or ITFC related.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:33 - Jan 22 with 2349 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Mick is nowhere near the worst managers we've had In my time let alone the clubs history. It only feels worse because we're living through it at the moment. However like I've said before it's time for him to go.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:34 - Jan 22 with 2329 viewsDyland

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:32 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

Come on Dubbers, even fans who want a change can still appreciate the good things McCarthy has done here. Certainly not put him in the worst ITFC manager bracket. It's ridiculous!

Login to get fewer ads

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:35 - Jan 22 with 2316 viewsSuperfrans

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:30 - Jan 22 by christiand

Where does MM rank with regards to our recent managerial history? Order the following in terms of good management of the club: burley, bfj, magilton, Jewell, Keane and MM.

Burley
BFJ
McCarthy
Magilton
Keane
Jewell

Why Mick ahead of Jim?
Magilton never took us to the play-offs, did he? And he has a worse win percentage.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 2297 viewsTractorCam

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:30 - Jan 22 by christiand

BFJ
MM
Jim
RK
PJ

Loved Jim and still do but Mick has got us in the top 6 on a lighter budget

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:37 - Jan 22 with 2294 viewsDubtractor

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:35 - Jan 22 by Superfrans

Burley
BFJ
McCarthy
Magilton
Keane
Jewell

Why Mick ahead of Jim?
Magilton never took us to the play-offs, did he? And he has a worse win percentage.

I always feel inclined to rate Jim as 2 jobs - pre and post ME.

Pre ME he was excellent. Post pretty poor.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:39 - Jan 22 with 2279 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Burley
BFJ
McCarthy
Magilton
Keane
Jewell

Why Mick ahead of Jim?

McCarthy gave us our best season since the royle days, following the town that season was a great journey knowing teams just hated playing us. Unfortunately Mick has taken the club backwards as quick as he took as forwards and I think that's what people are so disappointed with him for. We were so close so quickly that it looked nailed on the next few years we'd be there or thereabouts.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:44 - Jan 22 with 2250 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Even Texters wouldn't say that he's in the bottom three!

Have an arrow of dissappointment

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 2238 viewsSuperfrans

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:39 - Jan 22 by ColchesterBlue1985

McCarthy gave us our best season since the royle days, following the town that season was a great journey knowing teams just hated playing us. Unfortunately Mick has taken the club backwards as quick as he took as forwards and I think that's what people are so disappointed with him for. We were so close so quickly that it looked nailed on the next few years we'd be there or thereabouts.

Absolutely. The past year (particularly) has been disappointing and this season poor. But his overall record is not one that we should dismiss as one of our worst. It's barely more than a year ago that most of us were singing "superMick"...

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:47 - Jan 22 with 2198 viewsDarth_Koont

Burley
BFJ
McCarthy
Magilton
Keane
Jewell

Why Mick ahead of Jim?

Had just done it in my head and you posted the same.

The only contentious one is Mick over Magic rather than vice versa. But considering we were bottom of the table, filled with loanees and with barely any youngsters in the squad, Mick did particularly well to turn us around and get us up the table (including the play-offs).

Pronouns: He/Him

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:49 - Jan 22 with 2184 viewsSuperfrans

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:37 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

I always feel inclined to rate Jim as 2 jobs - pre and post ME.

Pre ME he was excellent. Post pretty poor.

True enough. But Magilton had a strong, solid foundation to build on - compared to McCarthy, who had to drag a pretty much relegated side to safety, restructure a squad the following summer and then turned it into a play-off challenging team within two seasons. Had his career here ended there, he would have been viewed one of our best managers. It's simply slid since then.

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:50 - Jan 22 with 2185 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

I would never put Mick in the same bracket as Jewell and Keane. You are just plain wrong on that.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 12:09 - Jan 22 with 2097 viewsITFCBlues

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:32 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

I have, but my opinion is changing.

When you think of the budget Mick has, is there any other managers capable of getting us into the top 8 or so?

My only gripe is the football - it's must improve. But I think he deserves this season and next to make the changes etc.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 12:10 - Jan 22 with 2087 viewsLeoMuff

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:50 - Jan 22 by blueblueburleymcgrew

I would never put Mick in the same bracket as Jewell and Keane. You are just plain wrong on that.

This. Also crazy that he is worse than Jim, who achieved less with far better backing from ME.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 12:22 - Jan 22 with 2046 viewsBluebell

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:50 - Jan 22 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Agreed.

People soon forget what has happened. Up until a year or so ago Mick was being praised. ME didn't spend anything in last January's window when other teams were spending millions. That was the time when we should have spent money, got in some 'better' players and pushed on but Mick's hands were tied.

I always think that a manager's shelf life is about 3 years unless it's Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger. A manager gets stale especially if he has limited funds to play with (unlike Ferguson and Wenger!).

Perhaps Mick has had enough but won't walk because he stands to lose a lot of money. Unless he is pushed he won't go so any amount of comparing old managers will not make the slightest difference.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 12:59 - Jan 22 with 1921 viewsPJH

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 12:22 - Jan 22 by Bluebell

Agreed.

People soon forget what has happened. Up until a year or so ago Mick was being praised. ME didn't spend anything in last January's window when other teams were spending millions. That was the time when we should have spent money, got in some 'better' players and pushed on but Mick's hands were tied.

I always think that a manager's shelf life is about 3 years unless it's Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger. A manager gets stale especially if he has limited funds to play with (unlike Ferguson and Wenger!).

Perhaps Mick has had enough but won't walk because he stands to lose a lot of money. Unless he is pushed he won't go so any amount of comparing old managers will not make the slightest difference.

I don't often disagree with you Bluebell(wouldn't dare)but I do not agree that money comes into MM's thinking at all as regards his position here.
I think he is ,and has been for a long time, driven by personal pride and self belief.
He believes that he can improve things at PR and has no intention of leaving through his own choice until he has.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:08 - Jan 22 with 1847 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This is so stupid. Mick has done a very good job with town i would argue up until this season. the wheels have come of somewhat this season. I think he would probably turn it around to a degree next year but i dont think the results/football will improve this season and i think he may have to go and i dont think he can have any complaints. He is a very good championship level manager but he's lost the fans.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:09 - Jan 22 with 1840 viewsRadlett_blue

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:47 - Jan 22 by Darth_Koont

Had just done it in my head and you posted the same.

The only contentious one is Mick over Magic rather than vice versa. But considering we were bottom of the table, filled with loanees and with barely any youngsters in the squad, Mick did particularly well to turn us around and get us up the table (including the play-offs).

Keane was far worse than Jewell. He inherited a team that had finished just outside the play-offs, spent a fortune & turned them into relegation candidates. Jewell inherited a mess, briefly turned it around & then left another mess.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:21 - Jan 22 with 1778 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:33 - Jan 22 by Dyland

The answer is that you're wrong if you think McCarthy is in the top three worst ITFC managers. If this is your view there's not much point discussing anything else football or ITFC related.

He did a job when he first came in by organising, keeping us up, and making some good cheap signings. The football hasn't progressed since day 1 though has it?..... in fact we have gone backwards to pre mick form and quality now
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:23]
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:25 - Jan 22 with 1740 viewsDyland

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:21 - Jan 22 by FrowsyArmLarry

He did a job when he first came in by organising, keeping us up, and making some good cheap signings. The football hasn't progressed since day 1 though has it?..... in fact we have gone backwards to pre mick form and quality now
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:23]

It's been up and down Murders. Certainly every time we seem to progress the style/tactics, we revert in the blink of an eye. Agreed.

Not gonna argue with people who want someone else in charge of the team but I will argue vehemently with fans who are so blinkered and biased that they think McCarthy is one of the worst managers ITFC have had. It's an absurd, borderline delusional position.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024