Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyers words... 07:30 - Jan 24 with 4440 viewsBluefish

This may come across as a cheap dig but I doubt many of the mick and Marcus outers got to the bottom of the article. Not necessarily because they can't read or they don't have the attention span but more mainly because they seem to give up and give the same opinion regardless of what is presented to them. This is a massive shame because the bottom of the article largely sums it all up and I hoped they would listen to someone like KD. He isn't saying anything special or groundbreaking he is simply spelling out the views of those that understand football and those that understand ITFC. The new generations that started following us in the Burley years and now lead the campaigns to turn on mick and Marcus need to be very careful what they are wishing for and very careful what they are splitting the club trying to achieve.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dyers words... on 11:31 - Jan 25 with 1194 viewsMattinLondon

Dyers words... on 15:30 - Jan 24 by Swn98

How can you say with such conviction that players are told not to play passing football?

Based on the fact that they continuously lump the ball forward instead of retaining possession.
Dyers words... on 11:34 - Jan 25 with 1188 viewsIpswichIrish

Kieron should be on the coaching staff
Dyers words... on 13:18 - Jan 25 with 1147 viewsClausThomsen

Dyers words... on 14:26 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

Like a different world to now, though. Back then we were breaking even every year while competitive at the top of the division, now we make a £6 million loss and have to overachieve significantly to be in or around the play-offs.

So we're a selling club?

That's all we are now?
Dyers words... on 13:22 - Jan 25 with 1142 viewsPhilTWTD

Dyers words... on 13:18 - Jan 25 by ClausThomsen

So we're a selling club?

That's all we are now?

Aren't all clubs selling clubs to some extent?
Dyers words... on 13:33 - Jan 25 with 1126 viewsClausThomsen

Dyers words... on 13:22 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Aren't all clubs selling clubs to some extent?

It seems there's buying clubs (Derby, Wednesday etc), and then selling clubs (Us, Barnsley etc) and no middle ground.

Can't we get on the middle ground? Where does this living above our means stem from?
Dyers words... on 14:27 - Jan 25 with 1094 viewsWeWereZombies

Dyers words... on 13:33 - Jan 25 by ClausThomsen

It seems there's buying clubs (Derby, Wednesday etc), and then selling clubs (Us, Barnsley etc) and no middle ground.

Can't we get on the middle ground? Where does this living above our means stem from?

I think we have been a selling club since the middle of Bobby Ferguson's time as manager, and if we stopped being a selling club that would be because the Academy had been closed down.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Dyers words... on 14:28 - Jan 25 with 1093 viewsPhilTWTD

It's a fact of life in the Championship these days, everyone lives beyond their means, it's just the extent to which each club does it. We live less beyond our means than the likes of Derby, Wednesday and Brighton for example.
Dyers words... on 14:39 - Jan 25 with 1081 viewsTheBlueBarca

Dyers words... on 08:21 - Jan 24 by Reuser_is_God

Agree, Dyer certainly doesn't deserve the comments he's had about it.

I dont understand why anyone would show him much hate for what he said.. which was in simple terms, it's an absolute mess but save it for later in the season lads, then protest all you want.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

Dyers words... on 14:54 - Jan 25 with 1065 viewsdirtyboy

Dyers words... on 07:37 - Jan 24 by pickles110564

Patronising fool! I have supported Ipswich since the Robson era. I have more than shown my loyalty towards the club for the many years as a season ticket holder and eating the crap they serve up as food.
Not like the majority of players that chase the money and leave the club!

To be fair, it's just a job to the players, good money but a short career and can be over in an instant.

I'll never ever blame a player for chasing the money (certainly not at this level) premier money is ridiculous all round.
Dyers words... on 14:55 - Jan 25 with 1066 viewsitfcjoe

I think comparing us to barnsley is a bit silly - over the last few seasons we have sold Murphy, Mings and Cresswell. This season they have sold or are selling Hourihane, Watkins, Bree, Winnall, Mawson, etc

We are clearly already in the middle ground where we can keep hold of players if we want to on the whole.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dyers words... on 14:55 - Jan 25 with 1065 viewsfeelingblue

Dyers words... on 14:27 - Jan 25 by WeWereZombies

I think we have been a selling club since the middle of Bobby Ferguson's time as manager, and if we stopped being a selling club that would be because the Academy had been closed down.

We have always been a selling club, even in the best years.
Belfitt
The first David Johnson
Peter Morris
Talbot
Viljoen
Brazil
Muhren

All went to 'bigger' clubs with the exception of Peter Morris who went to a much smaller club in Norfolk, who were, I believe, in one of their brief spells in the top division.
Dyers words... on 15:19 - Jan 25 with 1047 viewsClausThomsen

Dyers words... on 14:55 - Jan 25 by itfcjoe

I think comparing us to barnsley is a bit silly - over the last few seasons we have sold Murphy, Mings and Cresswell. This season they have sold or are selling Hourihane, Watkins, Bree, Winnall, Mawson, etc

We are clearly already in the middle ground where we can keep hold of players if we want to on the whole.

Murphy, Mings, Cresswell and Wickham - and we rejected a bid for McGoldrick. I don't remember rejecting any other bids.

An absolute middle ground would be where the playing staff budget isn't getting syphoned at all. With our competitors chucking the kitchen sink at it, it's disappointing that we can't even manage that.
Dyers words... on 15:27 - Jan 25 with 1034 viewsWeWereZombies

Dyers words... on 14:55 - Jan 25 by feelingblue

We have always been a selling club, even in the best years.
Belfitt
The first David Johnson
Peter Morris
Talbot
Viljoen
Brazil
Muhren

All went to 'bigger' clubs with the exception of Peter Morris who went to a much smaller club in Norfolk, who were, I believe, in one of their brief spells in the top division.

OK, can we agree that for a decade under Robson we mainly held onto our best eleven (Viljoen moved on because Talbot wouldn't play in the same side as him, I think David Johnson Mk1 was slightly out of form and at risk of being usurped by Keith Bertschin when he was sold)? I think the thrust of the argument is maintained, we have been a selling club for almost forty years.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Dyers words... on 16:01 - Jan 25 with 993 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Dyers words... on 15:17 - Jan 24 by braveblue

What a patronising post. I totally disagree with Dyer who is no genius and you don't have the right to assume how much I can read!!!

it is the same KD who refused entry to pals burnt a £50 note in front of the bouncer when he was refused entry. He's entitled to his opinion, but I think he's wrong and agree with Terry Butcher's remarks that we were a disgrace.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Dyers words... on 16:16 - Jan 25 with 985 viewsMattinLondon

Dyers words... on 16:01 - Jan 25 by Jonnosdreadlocks

it is the same KD who refused entry to pals burnt a £50 note in front of the bouncer when he was refused entry. He's entitled to his opinion, but I think he's wrong and agree with Terry Butcher's remarks that we were a disgrace.

I’ve heard that story countless of times and its always the same apart from location and now he burnt it instead of ripping it up.

Even if one of these versions were true he was very young at the time and we’ve all done silly things when we were young. I think he has fully admitted to being idiotic when he was younger as well.
Dyers words... on 16:30 - Jan 25 with 964 viewsitfcjoe

Dyers words... on 16:16 - Jan 25 by MattinLondon

I’ve heard that story countless of times and its always the same apart from location and now he burnt it instead of ripping it up.

Even if one of these versions were true he was very young at the time and we’ve all done silly things when we were young. I think he has fully admitted to being idiotic when he was younger as well.

He must have either done it countless times or in front of an audience of every body aged 18-30 in Ipswich for the amount of people that saw it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024