Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MP's get to vote then 10:01 - Jan 24 with 11252 viewsKeno

http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/news/supreme-court-rules-parliament-must

Maybe the UK Gov should take it to the Euro courts now?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

MP's get to vote then on 15:29 - Jan 24 with 1118 viewsWeWereZombies

MP's get to vote then on 15:24 - Jan 24 by Vic

I could have, but why would I when that's not what I meant?

Because that's how it came across?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

MP's get to vote then on 15:43 - Jan 24 with 1109 viewsVic

MP's get to vote then on 15:29 - Jan 24 by WeWereZombies

Because that's how it came across?

I voted leave, but only just because I was aware that I hadn't the foggiest clue as to what would actually transpire. I don't regret it and would vote the same because I wasn't happy with the status quo.

If however things go disastrously wrong in the negotiations and we are left in a situation where its obvious that we will be seriously worse of at multiple levels then I'd like the chance to change my mind.

That said, I don't think they will! I'm expecting us to be worse off in many ways than we are now, but that it will be a price worth paying in the long run.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

MP's get to vote then on 15:43 - Jan 24 with 1109 viewsEireannach_gorm

MP's get to vote then on 10:08 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Why would they even want to? The courts have ruled that the Jocks, Welsh and Northern Irish governments can't put a spoke in the wheels and MP's have already voted by 461 to 89 in favour of triggering Article 50 by the end of March.

Watch out for the ambush.!.

http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2016/december/brexit-article-50-revocability-
MP's get to vote then on 15:45 - Jan 24 with 1100 viewsVic

MP's get to vote then on 12:20 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Then we should have a general election.

And if in the general election another party were put into power that wants to stay in the EU then what?

My question is whether once article 50 is triggered there is any circumstance in which we will not leave the EU?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

MP's get to vote then on 16:07 - Jan 24 with 1055 viewsPinewoodblue

MP's get to vote then on 15:43 - Jan 24 by Eireannach_gorm

Watch out for the ambush.!.

http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2016/december/brexit-article-50-revocability-

Where does Ireland stand on Brexit? is it true that Ireland has been warned by EU that they cannot make bilateral agreements, on such things as freedom of movement, with the UK post Brexit ?

If the EU decided that all external borders must be secured how would this affect movement between the Republic and the North?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

MP's get to vote then on 16:22 - Jan 24 with 1039 viewsNo9

MP's get to vote then on 12:18 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Here we go again

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/396488/3492837/absolutely-no-opposition/#post3492837

Of course if the country votes to leave the EU then, leave the EU it is. However I don't think many people realise what this means & it was never made clear. I only heard it mentined once that was by Mr Cameron but it was lost in the shouts from the leave group that he was scaremongering.

It is also very clear that many EU senior personnel have stated there is 'No half way house, you are either in or you are out'.

A senior (British) lawyer in European law has been explaining the process & stated there is no precedent for where we are but it is clear the UK will have to severe all ties with the EU then, afresh tell the EU which bits it wants to engage in & which bits it doesn't. That is pretty clear to anyone who has taken an interest in the substance rather than the YaBoo.

Where this takes things is not clear but, it seems certain that after the 'Great Repeal Bill' has been passed into Law the UK will then have to pass a number of internal (British) laws to set out an interim legal framework for just about every activity where the EU is realted to that activity & how long that will take with people like Bone, Redwood, et al involved is anyones guess.

But no one should be in any doubt that however the UK approaches the relationship with the EU - they hold all the aces & until our governemnt accept that it is going to be a very hard slog. I feel it is depressing that the main hope of those wanting to leave are hoping the EU will implode and would be very happy with the mayhem that follows.
MP's get to vote then on 16:24 - Jan 24 with 1023 viewsStokieBlue

Owen Smith voting against article 50 even though his constituents voted 55% leave.

Could be interesting to see what happens there given he's announced it so early.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

MP's get to vote then on 16:27 - Jan 24 with 1022 viewsJ2BLUE

MP's get to vote then on 16:24 - Jan 24 by StokieBlue

Owen Smith voting against article 50 even though his constituents voted 55% leave.

Could be interesting to see what happens there given he's announced it so early.

SB

The height of arrogance and I hope he's sealed his fate at the next GE.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

MP's get to vote then on 16:27 - Jan 24 with 1010 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP's get to vote then on 16:22 - Jan 24 by No9

Of course if the country votes to leave the EU then, leave the EU it is. However I don't think many people realise what this means & it was never made clear. I only heard it mentined once that was by Mr Cameron but it was lost in the shouts from the leave group that he was scaremongering.

It is also very clear that many EU senior personnel have stated there is 'No half way house, you are either in or you are out'.

A senior (British) lawyer in European law has been explaining the process & stated there is no precedent for where we are but it is clear the UK will have to severe all ties with the EU then, afresh tell the EU which bits it wants to engage in & which bits it doesn't. That is pretty clear to anyone who has taken an interest in the substance rather than the YaBoo.

Where this takes things is not clear but, it seems certain that after the 'Great Repeal Bill' has been passed into Law the UK will then have to pass a number of internal (British) laws to set out an interim legal framework for just about every activity where the EU is realted to that activity & how long that will take with people like Bone, Redwood, et al involved is anyones guess.

But no one should be in any doubt that however the UK approaches the relationship with the EU - they hold all the aces & until our governemnt accept that it is going to be a very hard slog. I feel it is depressing that the main hope of those wanting to leave are hoping the EU will implode and would be very happy with the mayhem that follows.

" I only heard it mentined once that was by Mr Cameron but it was lost in the shouts from the leave group that he was scaremongering. "

Did you even bother reading the links or watching the videos? Both sides were very clear that a vote to leave would ,mean leaving the single market.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

MP's get to vote then on 16:28 - Jan 24 with 1004 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP's get to vote then on 16:27 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Guido has published a list of MP's who will be voting against triggering Article 50.

https://order-order.com/2017/01/24/article-50-mps-voting/

Iron Lion Zion

MP's get to vote then on 16:29 - Jan 24 with 1006 viewsNo9

MP's get to vote then on 16:07 - Jan 24 by Pinewoodblue

Where does Ireland stand on Brexit? is it true that Ireland has been warned by EU that they cannot make bilateral agreements, on such things as freedom of movement, with the UK post Brexit ?

If the EU decided that all external borders must be secured how would this affect movement between the Republic and the North?

There are sure to be some issues raised if the UK leaves the Customs Union and does nothing between the UK & RoI borders.
There were previously all sorts of Customs & Smuggling previously so there will have to be some controls & the EU may make that happen on the UK side OR not accept goods from the UK.
That is why the Norwegian Minister said "fish does't stay fresh long at border controls'
MP's get to vote then on 16:32 - Jan 24 with 998 viewsgiant_stow

MP's get to vote then on 16:27 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

If he has sealed his fate, at least he goes out with his head high while representing decency in politics.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

MP's get to vote then on 16:36 - Jan 24 with 988 viewsJ2BLUE

MP's get to vote then on 16:32 - Jan 24 by giant_stow

If he has sealed his fate, at least he goes out with his head high while representing decency in politics.

Either that or he goes out ignoring the people who put him there in the first place. Can't see how you view it any other way. Well I can actually, complete and utter arrogance.

Truly impaired.

MP's get to vote then on 16:46 - Jan 24 with 975 viewsSwansea_Blue

MP's get to vote then on 16:28 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Guido has published a list of MP's who will be voting against triggering Article 50.

https://order-order.com/2017/01/24/article-50-mps-voting/

Interesting. Only 3 prepared to go against their constituencies referendum result according to that list. I'd have thought it would be higher.

Swansea's very own Geraint Davies is the one who's presented a private members bill asking for a second referendum on the terms of the withdrawal. Swimming against the tide I fear, as the leave voice is pretty strong down here (seems far stronger, for example, than the general feeling on TWTD). So he and the others who are going against their constituencies wishes are taking a risk with their own careers.

Ken Clarke getting a kicking on the comments . Don't see what he's done wrong myself as I've no problem with the MPs of remain constituencies voting against Article 50.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MP's get to vote then on 16:46 - Jan 24 with 975 viewsWeWereZombies

MP's get to vote then on 16:36 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Either that or he goes out ignoring the people who put him there in the first place. Can't see how you view it any other way. Well I can actually, complete and utter arrogance.

Some of the people who put him there in the first place.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

MP's get to vote then on 16:48 - Jan 24 with 972 viewsgiant_stow

MP's get to vote then on 16:36 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

I've no idea where you get arrogance from, but if arguing against a coup-like stitch up is arrogance, I'm guilty.

One question: when did anyone vote explicitly for leaving the single market? It wasn't during the referendum and I can't see how it was in the Tory manifesto at the last general election, as Dave wanted to stay in

I take it you have some figures supporting your assertion that he's going against the labour voters that put him in his seat in the first place?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

MP's get to vote then on 16:53 - Jan 24 with 946 viewsStokieBlue

MP's get to vote then on 16:32 - Jan 24 by giant_stow

Decenancy maybe but not his constituents.

Surely that's the job of any MP?

SB

MP's get to vote then on 16:54 - Jan 24 with 939 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP's get to vote then on 16:48 - Jan 24 by giant_stow

I've no idea where you get arrogance from, but if arguing against a coup-like stitch up is arrogance, I'm guilty.

One question: when did anyone vote explicitly for leaving the single market? It wasn't during the referendum and I can't see how it was in the Tory manifesto at the last general election, as Dave wanted to stay in

I take it you have some figures supporting your assertion that he's going against the labour voters that put him in his seat in the first place?

FFS

What is your obsession with being a member of the single market? You can have access, as many non EU countries do, without being a member. Especially as we are the EU 's largest single export market and have a trade deficit with the EU.

It's the best of both worlds. Access to the single market, and end to freedom of movement, an opportunity to bring in new talented migrants from countries like India and the ability to sign bilateral trade deals with non EU countries.

You seem to be wanting to put all of your eggs in one basket.

Iron Lion Zion

MP's get to vote then on 16:55 - Jan 24 with 935 viewsStokieBlue

MP's get to vote then on 16:46 - Jan 24 by WeWereZombies

Some of the people who put him there in the first place.

Why is there this new trope whereby someone is seen to only represent some people in their voting region? It's always been a majority voting system.

By the logic being shown, anything an MP does is wrong unless 100% of the people in his region agree with it.

SB

MP's get to vote then on 16:56 - Jan 24 with 937 viewsJ2BLUE

This whole single market thing is simple the remainers' plan b and now that looks to have failed you're all throwing your toys out. As GB has posted several times, both sides said it would involve leaving the single market. Claiming this wasn't clear is just plan b to try and effectively keep us in the EU via the backdoor.

You've got me on the Labour voters but the one stat we do have is that his constituency voted to leave and he is going against that. I hope he pays for it.

Arrogance because you think your opinion is worth more than the opinion of leave voters. You're so sure your opinion is the right one that the end will justify any means if you can block Brexit.

Truly impaired.

MP's get to vote then on 16:58 - Jan 24 with 924 viewsStokieBlue

I don't understand your last line.

He implicitly must be going against them given labour got a majority at the GE but leave won the referendum in his constituency.

It's impossible to be anything else unless you're saying no labour voters bothered voting in the referendum on his constituency.

SB

MP's get to vote then on 16:59 - Jan 24 with 918 viewsgiant_stow

MP's get to vote then on 16:54 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

FFS

What is your obsession with being a member of the single market? You can have access, as many non EU countries do, without being a member. Especially as we are the EU 's largest single export market and have a trade deficit with the EU.

It's the best of both worlds. Access to the single market, and end to freedom of movement, an opportunity to bring in new talented migrants from countries like India and the ability to sign bilateral trade deals with non EU countries.

You seem to be wanting to put all of your eggs in one basket.

Its no use ffs-ing me GB! I gave you my opinion on that post in last week's thread - repeating it doesn't convince.

MP's get to vote then on 17:00 - Jan 24 with 909 viewsgiant_stow

MP's get to vote then on 16:55 - Jan 24 by StokieBlue

Why is there this new trope whereby someone is seen to only represent some people in their voting region? It's always been a majority voting system.

By the logic being shown, anything an MP does is wrong unless 100% of the people in his region agree with it.

SB

I'm not the one saying that he's let his people down!. He's *probably* not let the people who voted for him down, so what's the issue?

MP's get to vote then on 17:02 - Jan 24 with 902 viewsDarth_Koont

MP's get to vote then on 16:56 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

This whole single market thing is simple the remainers' plan b and now that looks to have failed you're all throwing your toys out. As GB has posted several times, both sides said it would involve leaving the single market. Claiming this wasn't clear is just plan b to try and effectively keep us in the EU via the backdoor.

You've got me on the Labour voters but the one stat we do have is that his constituency voted to leave and he is going against that. I hope he pays for it.

Arrogance because you think your opinion is worth more than the opinion of leave voters. You're so sure your opinion is the right one that the end will justify any means if you can block Brexit.

Can you please stop repeating politicians' lies and alternative facts?

It's all here in their own words ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-far

Pronouns: He/Him

MP's get to vote then on 17:04 - Jan 24 with 890 viewsgiant_stow

MP's get to vote then on 16:56 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

You silly sod! I'm arguing in a debate - I'm allowed to do that - its called freedom of speach! I didn't say my opinion was more important - you did. If anything isn't it arrogant to argue that we all have to fall into line?

You haven't answered my question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024