Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! 20:37 - Jan 31 with 5236 viewsfinidiwoah

People have been moaning about Douglas all season.... Cole Skuse - he offers f all.

He is meant to be a centre midfielder - he doesn't look for the ball from anyone, only gets given it when people have no other choice.

He doesn't win headers
He doesn't tackle anyone with any force and breed any desire amongst the team
He just wanders around the centre circle....

Yet one of micks irreplaceable folk!!

We're giving away a midfielder when he plays by him looking to get as far away from the ball at all time....
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 20:40]
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 10:54 - Feb 1 with 1177 viewsLightningboy

Awful footballer - my least favourite town player ever - needs a right kick up his 4rse.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 10:58 - Feb 1 with 1167 viewsLankHenners

I'll say it again, he's been superb up to this season for us. He's a fine defensive midfielder and even this season the stats back that up.

People need to ask themselves bigger questions when they're complaining that a defensive midfielder doesn't offer enough going forwards.

The vast majority of the squad has been under-par this season, Skuse is no exception, but he's being turned into a cheap scapegoat for the slow.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 11:02 - Feb 1 with 1156 viewshampstead_blue

A lot of good comment.

It does distil into the fact that MM and TC are not fit for purpose anymore.

A younger manager who will give freedom to the players is what is needed.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:34 - Feb 1 with 1103 viewsfinidiwoah

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 10:58 - Feb 1 by LankHenners

I'll say it again, he's been superb up to this season for us. He's a fine defensive midfielder and even this season the stats back that up.

People need to ask themselves bigger questions when they're complaining that a defensive midfielder doesn't offer enough going forwards.

The vast majority of the squad has been under-par this season, Skuse is no exception, but he's being turned into a cheap scapegoat for the slow.

He has been good in previous years I agree - but now he is sadly away from the pace and hiding at every opportunity....

Agreed I wrote my initial comment at half time and he was slightly better second half - but he hides. He isn't being turned into a scapegoat - he hides.

I don't want him to score goals as you say that isn't his main job. But as a defensive midfielder I want him to be able to win a header, or have a bone crunching tackle in him - so that others can take some enthusiasm give everyone a lift , give us something to work off.

The only tackle I remember him making last night was one which he won taking the ball from Butterfield - which was a good tackle.

But he stands in the centre circle at all costs it seems, he doesn't want the ball from the back four, he doesn't want the ball from his midfielder partners - he is only used when there is a quick pass on and he doesn't have time to position himself between another player and the one that has the ball.

For a centre midfielder - which is arguably where the game is won and lost/the engine room/what makes a game tick that is pi$$ poor!!!

A game of opinions I know - but that's mine.....
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:38 - Feb 1 with 1088 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Who was the last real solid Defensive Midfielder we had..

Chris Bart-Williams? Legwinski? Geraint Williams?
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:46 - Feb 1 with 1084 viewsNo9

Cole Skuse isn't a cheap scapegoat, he just isn't good enough for this division & never has been.

His player stats adequately demonstrate that. & if you go to the Titties site circa when they got relegated it is clear many fans considered he had a big hand in their demise.

He may be OK in away games but I have only seen him put in 1/2 a shift @ PR & that was against QPR who were the worst team I can recall seeing at PR in many a long year.

As a plug in front of Towns back 4 he is a disaster which is why most teams play much of the game camped in Towns half of the pitch and, don't forget Bart has the most MoM's of any Town player this season. Look at the first two goals conceded last night = where was Skuse hiding?
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:51 - Feb 1 with 1074 viewsNSL

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:38 - Feb 1 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Who was the last real solid Defensive Midfielder we had..

Chris Bart-Williams? Legwinski? Geraint Williams?

I don't understand our obsession with these defensive midfielders. I would much prefer all rounders that may miss the odd tackle but score goals, create assists and can be the difference between winning matches or not. Magilton, Holland, Miller etc etc How much extra defensive cover do you actually need when you have a solid back 4 and goalkeeper.

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:57 - Feb 1 with 1064 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:46 - Feb 1 by No9

Cole Skuse isn't a cheap scapegoat, he just isn't good enough for this division & never has been.

His player stats adequately demonstrate that. & if you go to the Titties site circa when they got relegated it is clear many fans considered he had a big hand in their demise.

He may be OK in away games but I have only seen him put in 1/2 a shift @ PR & that was against QPR who were the worst team I can recall seeing at PR in many a long year.

As a plug in front of Towns back 4 he is a disaster which is why most teams play much of the game camped in Towns half of the pitch and, don't forget Bart has the most MoM's of any Town player this season. Look at the first two goals conceded last night = where was Skuse hiding?

No they don't. If I can be bothered I'll find them again but the stats will totally rubbish your claim.

He was vital in our play-off season and won the Platinum supporters' (or whatever it's called) player of the year last year so he can't be that bad.

Football fans in the modern day just don't appreciate defensive midfielders, unless they're N'golo Kante because pundits etc. keep talking about him. Skuse has been under par and could have offered more this season, but you could say this for almost every player. The comments about him plain lazy most of the time.

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 1034 viewsbraveblue

Said it for years but constant abuse. He does lots that people don't notice and such nonsense. He is at the fulcrum of the side and is vitally important. Negative, not talented and coasts. Only the current idiot manager would have him in the 18.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 15:42 - Feb 1 with 1017 viewsNo9

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:57 - Feb 1 by LankHenners

No they don't. If I can be bothered I'll find them again but the stats will totally rubbish your claim.

He was vital in our play-off season and won the Platinum supporters' (or whatever it's called) player of the year last year so he can't be that bad.

Football fans in the modern day just don't appreciate defensive midfielders, unless they're N'golo Kante because pundits etc. keep talking about him. Skuse has been under par and could have offered more this season, but you could say this for almost every player. The comments about him plain lazy most of the time.

I can't think of a less capable player to wear the Town No8 shirt - ever. & that goes bck to the days of Tom Brown & Wilf Grant
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 15:47 - Feb 1 with 1003 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 14:34 - Feb 1 by finidiwoah

He has been good in previous years I agree - but now he is sadly away from the pace and hiding at every opportunity....

Agreed I wrote my initial comment at half time and he was slightly better second half - but he hides. He isn't being turned into a scapegoat - he hides.

I don't want him to score goals as you say that isn't his main job. But as a defensive midfielder I want him to be able to win a header, or have a bone crunching tackle in him - so that others can take some enthusiasm give everyone a lift , give us something to work off.

The only tackle I remember him making last night was one which he won taking the ball from Butterfield - which was a good tackle.

But he stands in the centre circle at all costs it seems, he doesn't want the ball from the back four, he doesn't want the ball from his midfielder partners - he is only used when there is a quick pass on and he doesn't have time to position himself between another player and the one that has the ball.

For a centre midfielder - which is arguably where the game is won and lost/the engine room/what makes a game tick that is pi$$ poor!!!

A game of opinions I know - but that's mine.....

Bang on, your opening line aside.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 15:51 - Feb 1 with 991 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 15:29 - Feb 1 by braveblue

Said it for years but constant abuse. He does lots that people don't notice and such nonsense. He is at the fulcrum of the side and is vitally important. Negative, not talented and coasts. Only the current idiot manager would have him in the 18.

Correct. I've also said this for years
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 15:58 - Feb 1 with 978 viewsOsborneOneNil

He's been superb for us this season??? Ah man, that is one helluva shout. You must fancy him or something because he's been a million miles from superb. Or even good. His best displays see him as average.

He hides mate. At Bristol City I said to my brother to watch him and nothing else for 5 minutes, it was incredible how bad he was. Honestly, when our full backs or CB's had it, he would literally move away from the ball, turn away, and ensure he had an opposition player between him and the ball.

That is inexcusable.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 16:04 - Feb 1 with 960 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 15:58 - Feb 1 by OsborneOneNil

He's been superb for us this season??? Ah man, that is one helluva shout. You must fancy him or something because he's been a million miles from superb. Or even good. His best displays see him as average.

He hides mate. At Bristol City I said to my brother to watch him and nothing else for 5 minutes, it was incredible how bad he was. Honestly, when our full backs or CB's had it, he would literally move away from the ball, turn away, and ensure he had an opposition player between him and the ball.

That is inexcusable.

Learn to read pal.

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 17:43 - Feb 1 with 923 viewsjas0999

Did great in our play off season. Not bad last year. Not very good this. Another who needs to leave in the summer.
Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 18:09 - Feb 1 with 912 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 15:58 - Feb 1 by OsborneOneNil

That is inexcusable.

You've read his post wrong..

'Superb up to this season'

I agree with him

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Cole Skuse...... Shocking!!! on 19:45 - Feb 1 with 871 viewsjudespiveyg

Skuse isn't even what you'd call a proper defensive midfielder. He doesn't tackle or header. The only reason people think he's a defensive midfielder is because he sits so deep. All midfielders should be able to score goals or create them. Hyam is not a great goalscorer or creator, but no worse than skuse, and when played defensive mid, he actually plays like a defensive mid.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024