Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My worry 16:04 - Feb 2 with 1450 viewsGrahamHarbey

Seems like we'll be getting our wish in the summer reading into MMs comments - my only worry is that ME won't give significant and by this I mean more than 1 plus million offers, to the new man - as like him or loathe him, MM is the best there is at getting the best out players with no cash, as he has proven.

Worrying times!
My worry on 16:07 - Feb 2 with 1431 viewsitfcjoe

We'll find out in the next few months. Jim came in and did great in a similar situation after Royle had left (Until we had money to spend!) - but game has moved on a lot since then!

I'm not convinced next guy will be a success but hopefully they will be

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My worry on 16:09 - Feb 2 with 1401 viewschislehurstblue

at last!

The new manager wont get any more funds so we are banking on someone like MM who can get the best out of poor group of players. Its a massive risk.

Personally would rather keep MM and stay in the division then get someone else in who like Keane and Jewell who both, had we stuck with them, taken us down.

I dont think half this board realise how bad that squad is and we have been lucky to finish 9, 6 and 7th the last 3 years.

EVANS WILL NOT GIVE THE NEW MANAGER ANY MORE MONEY!
My worry on 16:11 - Feb 2 with 1390 viewsGrahamHarbey

My worry on 16:07 - Feb 2 by itfcjoe

We'll find out in the next few months. Jim came in and did great in a similar situation after Royle had left (Until we had money to spend!) - but game has moved on a lot since then!

I wouldn't be as worried if there was a level playing field but seeing Sheff Weds, Wolves, Villa all paying over 10m for players who lets face it have not even cut it in the Prem, what hope do we have - then just add the 3 coming down to the mix and we will have no chance.

Agreed, Jim did a great job, shame we were pony away from home as in 07-08 bar a DAnny Shittu inspired boring Watford side, PR really was FPR!
My worry on 16:14 - Feb 2 with 1377 viewsSWGF

My worry on 16:07 - Feb 2 by itfcjoe

Just picking a name out of the blue, would Simon Grayson do better with our budget and players than MM has for the last year, in terms of both style and results?

Every manager needs a certain amount of backing. It looks like ME's strategy is to back them for the first year (to varying degrees) and then that's it, regardless of how much longer they're around.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

My worry on 16:16 - Feb 2 with 1348 viewsGrahamHarbey

My worry on 16:09 - Feb 2 by chislehurstblue

at last!

The new manager wont get any more funds so we are banking on someone like MM who can get the best out of poor group of players. Its a massive risk.

Personally would rather keep MM and stay in the division then get someone else in who like Keane and Jewell who both, had we stuck with them, taken us down.

I dont think half this board realise how bad that squad is and we have been lucky to finish 9, 6 and 7th the last 3 years.

I get the the issue with tactics etc, but I bet you any money, if we get a lump up top and we stay injury free, we'd have been on the fringes this year.

Sure, Douglas hasn't worked etc but you cannot knock what MM has done and I think some of our fans are being a little short-sighted.

Sadly, I agree, I don't think ME cares enough to fund an assault on the top 6, but let me live in hope :)
My worry on 16:16 - Feb 2 with 1346 viewsBlueBadger

A more immediate worry is ME's manager recruitment rate in general.
I've convened an emergency meeting of the 'Megson out' committee in response.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

My worry on 16:18 - Feb 2 with 1332 viewsGrahamHarbey

My worry on 16:14 - Feb 2 by SWGF

Just picking a name out of the blue, would Simon Grayson do better with our budget and players than MM has for the last year, in terms of both style and results?

Every manager needs a certain amount of backing. It looks like ME's strategy is to back them for the first year (to varying degrees) and then that's it, regardless of how much longer they're around.

Maybe, but I'd still have Mick over him, the transformation he oversaw was unreal, bottom, to top 6 in 18 months with 110k?

Not sure anyone could do that?
My worry on 16:20 - Feb 2 with 1324 viewsitfcjoe

My worry on 16:14 - Feb 2 by SWGF

Yep, Mick has had a bad year and not even his biggest backer would disagree with that.

Grayson is doing a good job, and has done consistently throughout his career - a similar manager to Mick in that way. But things need freshening up, and without the budget to change the players it is very difficult

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

My worry on 16:22 - Feb 2 with 1305 viewsSWGF

My worry on 16:18 - Feb 2 by GrahamHarbey

Maybe, but I'd still have Mick over him, the transformation he oversaw was unreal, bottom, to top 6 in 18 months with 110k?

Not sure anyone could do that?

Plus the signing on fees and wages of Berra, Skuse, Murphy, Tabb, McGoldrick, Anderson in that first year. That's a senior spine of a team, all in their prime.

We've simply not replaced/refreshed that, which ties in with ME not providing any real funding after the first year.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

My worry on 16:30 - Feb 2 with 1272 viewsBackToRussia

MM is no longer getting anywhere near the best out of our players, so even someone similar would be better in the short term.

But personally I would like someone outside of the British mould, such as how Boro went after Karanka.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

My worry on 16:35 - Feb 2 with 1228 viewschislehurstblue

My worry on 16:16 - Feb 2 by GrahamHarbey

I get the the issue with tactics etc, but I bet you any money, if we get a lump up top and we stay injury free, we'd have been on the fringes this year.

Sure, Douglas hasn't worked etc but you cannot knock what MM has done and I think some of our fans are being a little short-sighted.

Sadly, I agree, I don't think ME cares enough to fund an assault on the top 6, but let me live in hope :)

agreed.

We cant afford to play nice football as those players cost decent money. Direct is our way under MM, but we havent had the players this season.

I bet the same fans who want MM out will be the same ones next season moaning about the new manager when we are bottom 3 in March.

Douglas has been ok this season, better than Bishop any way, which some fans either cant or dont want to see. Issue is that the fans think that all our youth players are better than they actually are!
My worry on 17:50 - Feb 2 with 1153 viewsPilgrimblue

My worry on 16:35 - Feb 2 by chislehurstblue

agreed.

We cant afford to play nice football as those players cost decent money. Direct is our way under MM, but we havent had the players this season.

I bet the same fans who want MM out will be the same ones next season moaning about the new manager when we are bottom 3 in March.

Douglas has been ok this season, better than Bishop any way, which some fans either cant or dont want to see. Issue is that the fans think that all our youth players are better than they actually are!

Firstly I don't think our fans are short sighted, more likely long suffering after so many years in this division.

As for Dougy being better than Bish, well he's had 18 games to 6 so had plenty of chances. Plus Bish has been injured so hasn't had many chances! We got Dougy two years too late and was a poor signing by MM as he only looked good in a very attacking Brentford side.

Our current squad is quite capable of playing nice football, it's just MM that wants to hoof it up which worked with Murphy. Without him it looks pointless and even Pitman can't do it esp against Derby.
My worry on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 1070 viewsWestSussexBlue

My worry on 16:09 - Feb 2 by chislehurstblue

at last!

Your correct in Evans will not release any more to a new manager, however I don't see a plan for the future from MM.
I'm sure The New Manager has to come in and start blooding our own Young players and stick with it. Yes it's gonna be tough and will take time but I'd rather see Smith, Webster, Emmanuel, Bishop, Dozzell, Morris etc given time to adapt grow then flourish than keep plodding the same path with older heads.
Older may be wiser but Young is often fearless.
If we identify the manager that can produce this throughout his team we may start arresting the slide.
My worry on 19:18 - Feb 2 with 1006 viewsstonojnr

My worry on 16:35 - Feb 2 by chislehurstblue

agreed.

the way things have been going lately, you wont have to wait till next season to experience being in the bottom 3
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024