Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. 00:39 - Feb 19 with 6923 viewsunstableblue

And yes it's Fox.. is brilliantly insightful and worth sharing

Do you know that he said Hillary sold 20% of uranium to Russia - it simply didn't happen.

His fake news tactic is like a dictatorship

[Edit]Switched to General from Football[/Edit]

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 10:16 - Feb 19 with 1582 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 03:03 - Feb 19 by Binner

Yes.

And Glassers, for one, is still maintaining that Trump was the safer bet because (he believes that) Mrs Clinton would have been the more likely of the two to provoke a nuclear conflagration. (Apologies, GB, if I'm misrepresenting your view from a few days ago...)

GB also maintained, from the beginning, that Pence becoming president after a year or so was the best option long term. He isn't a Trump loyalist.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 10:21 - Feb 19 with 1570 viewsBlueBadger

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 10:16 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

GB also maintained, from the beginning, that Pence becoming president after a year or so was the best option long term. He isn't a Trump loyalist.

He is, however, an utterly terrifying dead-eyed religious fundamentalist who, by dint of of the fact that he's an actual 'proper' political' would manage to be genuinely worse in several ways than Trump. I'm not sure that qualifies him as a 'best' option.

and then there's Actual Paid Up Nazi Steve Bannon, a man to whom nearly all the US cabinet owe big time for their current positions. I can't see him getting the push if Putin's Agent Orange were to go.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 10:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 10:21 - Feb 19 with 1565 viewsfactual_blue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 09:27 - Feb 19 by shamboy

He will last the four years, but all power will be removed from the office of president. That's the process that has started.
Far easier and less damaging than impeachment.

Question - isn't it surprising that the Russians are ahead of America when it comes to breaching cyber security?

The difference may of course be that the Russians like to drop hints about how good they are at it. The Yanks, having been taught all they know about espionage and counter-intelligence by us Brits, may simply keep their prowess quieter.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 10:22 - Feb 19 with 1554 viewsfactual_blue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 10:21 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

He is, however, an utterly terrifying dead-eyed religious fundamentalist who, by dint of of the fact that he's an actual 'proper' political' would manage to be genuinely worse in several ways than Trump. I'm not sure that qualifies him as a 'best' option.

and then there's Actual Paid Up Nazi Steve Bannon, a man to whom nearly all the US cabinet owe big time for their current positions. I can't see him getting the push if Putin's Agent Orange were to go.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 10:29]

Glassers?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 10:34 - Feb 19 with 1547 viewsfeelingblue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 09:27 - Feb 19 by shamboy

He will last the four years, but all power will be removed from the office of president. That's the process that has started.
Far easier and less damaging than impeachment.

Question - isn't it surprising that the Russians are ahead of America when it comes to breaching cyber security?

No, it is not surprising that they are good at it. (I am sure that there are people in the US who are just as good)

Two reasons

1. The old eastern/central european countries have an ongoing tradition of valuing, encouraging and providing good scientific and technical education. (As do China, Japan, Korea and to a lesser extent India.) That is one reason why you see so many Poles, Hungarians and Bulgarians in UK IT development centres and so many Asians in US development centres.

2. Until the fall of the Berlin Wall, the old Soviet Empire companies were denied access to US, Japanese and European computer technology. They got hold of computers and cloned them, but had to develop their own deep technical expertise at machine code and OS level to support and maintain them. When we first started to go to Russia, Poland, Czech, Hungary in the ealry '90s we were astonished at the number of people who were quite happy to dive into OS, NDL type code without a care in the world.
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 11:24 - Feb 19 with 1510 viewsvapour_trail

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 09:35 - Feb 19 by lowhouseblue

attacking the 'mainstream media' (as opposed to challenging the basis of particular news stories) always has been a strategy to deflect attention and undermine proper scrutiny. that's been true when putin and his supporters do it and it's been true when people pushing an alt-right anti state agenda do it. it's a tactic to smear and diminish the news outlets which are confronting those people, the only thing new about 'fake news' at present is that it is a president trying to escape all scrutiny.

And it's been true when tony Blair, Alastair Campbell and their illegal war mongering friends did it

#partoftheproblem

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 12:20 - Feb 19 with 1451 viewsNo9

How much fake news or lies, comes from the Trump government itself?

First they say were a going to put everybody back to work

Then they calim they have already reduced unemployment to circa 5% - that means he already has almost all the 'emloyable' engaged in work.

The UK governemnt are not disimilar in their claims

This means for both economies to expand they will need "IMMIGRATION"
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 12:35 - Feb 19 with 1437 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 03:03 - Feb 19 by Binner

Yes.

And Glassers, for one, is still maintaining that Trump was the safer bet because (he believes that) Mrs Clinton would have been the more likely of the two to provoke a nuclear conflagration. (Apologies, GB, if I'm misrepresenting your view from a few days ago...)

I stand by that. We were sleepwalking into a confrontation with Russia. Russia weren't blameless but Clinton and Putin were a toxic mix with mutual loathing.

I maintain Trump is a much needed pause in American/Russian tensions.

I also maintain that now we have that pause it would be beneficial to all if the Trump Presidency came to an end sooner rather than later.

Pence, although probably more right wing than Trump, would be easier to control by the Republican party whereas Trump is an independent who used the Republican banner to get elected.

The likes of Banon would be dismissed in a far more party organised administration.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 1406 viewsRyorry

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 12:35 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

I stand by that. We were sleepwalking into a confrontation with Russia. Russia weren't blameless but Clinton and Putin were a toxic mix with mutual loathing.

I also maintain that now we have that pause it would be beneficial to all if the Trump Presidency came to an end sooner rather than later.

Pence, although probably more right wing than Trump, would be easier to control by the Republican party whereas Trump is an independent who used the Republican banner to get elected.

The likes of Banon would be dismissed in a far more party organised administration.

Most people with a mutual personal loathing manage to keep themselves within limits, because they are at least just about sane.

Good luck with trying to control a loose cannon, esp if there's a falling out between megolomaniacs.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:20 - Feb 19 with 1397 viewssparks

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 12:35 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

This was the line trotted out- but I have no good reason to think it was true. It assumes that Clinton is stupid and sought a war, which seems highly unlikely.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:42 - Feb 19 with 1365 viewsTownly

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:20 - Feb 19 by sparks

This was the line trotted out- but I have no good reason to think it was true. It assumes that Clinton is stupid and sought a war, which seems highly unlikely.

Which Clinton.

The main reason Trump got in was the universal loathing of Hilary.

Awful and corrupt creature.
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:51 - Feb 19 with 1344 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yes.

Seems to me that democracy is increasingly a choice over whether to let somebody cr@p in your mouth or puke into it !
Re the original footage, has it been "demonstrably shown that 'the Russians' (whatever that means) hacked the DNC" or has it just been said so many times that it must be true ? Genuinely unsure...I've certainly not seen it (unless it's simply the claim that American security sources say so ! )....but I may have missed it.

Edit...for clarity IMO Trump is a total head case/sociopath/psycho....no wonder he's doing so well really....the world is made for him !

[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 13:54]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:56 - Feb 19 with 1327 viewsNo9

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:42 - Feb 19 by Townly

Which Clinton.

If you take a look at American politics over the last 40 years you should be able to see that factions of the Republican party are the epitomy of 'Fake News' all Trump is doing is turning it on itself to make his claims seem real .
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:58 - Feb 19 with 1324 viewsBinner

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:42 - Feb 19 by Townly

Which Clinton.

But Trump is more awful and no less corrupt.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 14:15 - Feb 19 with 1306 viewssparks

Which Clinton.

Do you have some evidence of this corruption?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 14:23 - Feb 19 with 1291 viewsRyorry

Which Clinton.

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 14:45 - Feb 19 with 1262 viewslowhouseblue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 11:24 - Feb 19 by vapour_trail

And it's been true when tony Blair, Alastair Campbell and their illegal war mongering friends did it

#partoftheproblem

pardon? they fell out with parts of the press and parts of the press challenged them robustly. but blair never sought to rubbish the mainstream media.robust debate isn't bad, challenging news tories isn't bad. but seeking to present the media as inherently dishonest is done by people like trump and putin in order to escape scrutiny.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:00 - Feb 19 with 1246 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:20 - Feb 19 by sparks

Wars are rarely started because one side wants to start one. They are usually started by brinkmanship, posturing and One-upmanship

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:02 - Feb 19 with 1237 viewsBinner

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:00 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Wars are rarely started because one side wants to start one. They are usually started by brinkmanship, posturing and One-upmanship

...and Mrs Clinton and Putin are experienced politicians who know where the brink is and when to step back from it. Unlike Trump.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:05 - Feb 19 with 1231 viewsNo9

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 14:15 - Feb 19 by sparks

Do you have some evidence of this corruption?

One would have thought if ther were any real skeletons in the Clinto cupboard Newt Gingrich would have found them , unless of course he was trying to conceal many of his own?
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:12 - Feb 19 with 1206 viewsClausThomsen

Not a football thread
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:13 - Feb 19 with 1203 viewssparks

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:00 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Which really hasnt been the case from the US side under Obama, despite Clinton's position in that administration.

Russia on the other hand have been forcibly annexing neighbours... There is an issue here, and appeasement is a worrying approach in many ways.

Quite frankly though, some fear about locking horns with Russia (based on very little substance really) is not a good reason for supporting someone who is an egomaniac racist bigot, who denies science, denies climate change, and is intent on provoking both the chinese and the Islamic world in a much less subtle manner than Clinton would ever have dreamt of provoking russia.

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:20 - Feb 19 with 1182 viewsRyorry

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:13 - Feb 19 by sparks

Which really hasnt been the case from the US side under Obama, despite Clinton's position in that administration.

Russia on the other hand have been forcibly annexing neighbours... There is an issue here, and appeasement is a worrying approach in many ways.

Quite frankly though, some fear about locking horns with Russia (based on very little substance really) is not a good reason for supporting someone who is an egomaniac racist bigot, who denies science, denies climate change, and is intent on provoking both the chinese and the Islamic world in a much less subtle manner than Clinton would ever have dreamt of provoking russia.

Trump either too stupid, too shortsighted, too selfish, too greedy, too uncaring - or any combination thereof - to realise that climate change is one of the biggest, most fundamental threats there is to the USA and ROW. So he's appointed climate change denier Scott Pruit to head their Environmental Protection Agency

http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/2/17/14630614/scott-pruitt-epa-climat

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:34 - Feb 19 with 1148 viewsgordon

There's very little chance of Trump being impeached and removed from office - and if he were removed from office or he was assassinated, the resulting civil unrest in America would be extremely violent/unpredictable. Can't think how that could possibly be better for anyone.
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:44 - Feb 19 with 1128 viewsPhilTWTD

Can posters stick posts in the right categories? Some users only want to see football-related posts. Thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024