Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spring is on the way! 20:15 - Feb 22 with 4058 viewsDubtractor

Forget storm Doris, I've just seen 2 frogs, 4 toads, and a newt in the garden.

I get really happy at the prospect of spring and will take any encouragement that it is incoming.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Spring is on the way! on 11:33 - Feb 24 with 595 viewsRyorry

Spring is on the way! on 08:02 - Feb 24 by gerard1947

If you have a builder friend ask if he has any plastic pipe off cuts.

Cucumbers, try Marketmore they do outdoor for me. I get all my seed from Premier Seeds, only on eBay, you will find them there. Such great value, 99p per pack, loads in a pack. Massive choice too including cowslips, I grow these in my orchard. The secret is putting the seed in the freezer over the winter. I would plant the seed in shady grassy bit that you are not going to mow too much. Cowslips are hit and miss til you get them established.

Cheers, all v. useful info & will do.

Where I planted the cowslips isn't mown, and one area is fairly wet, which I think they like (the other 2 blocks of 4 plants are in "normal" degree of moist) - but did some googling, and it looks like the pH is the problem - it's fairly acid here, and they like it neutral -> alkaline apparently, which fits with my childhood having been in a chalky area of Surrey.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Spring is on the way! on 13:18 - Feb 24 with 573 viewsjimsymBLUE

Spring is on the way! on 11:24 - Feb 24 by Ryorry

Is it all squirrels you object to Benters, or do you support our native Red Squirrel and only object to the foreign grey kind? ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39072939

I know, for the first time ever I agree with Benters foreign policy. 'Send em all back, bloody immigrant squirrels '

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Spring is on the way! on 15:15 - Feb 24 with 557 viewsRadlett_blue

I would like to say that you are Bill Foggit & I claim my £5, but the "sage of Thirsk" died over 10 years ago.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024