Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10:50 - Feb 23 with 5747 views_

Lego on 10:58 - Feb 23 with 3459 viewsKieran_Knows

I sure am one of those who STILL collects Lego!

Have absolutely tonnes of the stuff. Recently purchased Tower Bridge and Sidney Opera House, very good ones to make.

I really want the Taj Mahal, but I think that's the rarest Lego set there is these days.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 11:09 - Feb 23 with 3423 views_

Lego on 10:58 - Feb 23 by Kieran_Knows

I sure am one of those who STILL collects Lego!

Have absolutely tonnes of the stuff. Recently purchased Tower Bridge and Sidney Opera House, very good ones to make.

I really want the Taj Mahal, but I think that's the rarest Lego set there is these days.

Lego on 11:38 - Feb 23 with 3347 viewsimsureazzure

If/when you have children, do not stand on this piece.

Lego on 11:49 - Feb 23 with 3332 viewsKieran_Knows

on 11:09 - Feb 23 by _

I will, glad I got it when I did.

See, I was looking at getting that, but it just doesn't interest me unfortunately. Admittedly, I don't do it for the resale value on it.

I'll have to take a look at the apps. I'm currently in the middle of getting the Brick Bank, Detectives Office etc etc. Although there is a few discontinued sets of them as well.

Another rare one is the Maersk ship. I nearly brought it when it was out, but even that's discontinued now and going for a fair bit on Ebay etc.

on 11:52 - Feb 23 with 3323 views_

Lego on 11:49 - Feb 23 by Kieran_Knows

I will, glad I got it when I did.

See, I was looking at getting that, but it just doesn't interest me unfortunately. Admittedly, I don't do it for the resale value on it.

I'll have to take a look at the apps. I'm currently in the middle of getting the Brick Bank, Detectives Office etc etc. Although there is a few discontinued sets of them as well.

Another rare one is the Maersk ship. I nearly brought it when it was out, but even that's discontinued now and going for a fair bit on Ebay etc.

Lego on 12:04 - Feb 23 with 3301 viewsKieran_Knows

on 11:52 - Feb 23 by _

I'll get that downloaded then!

I always do, never ever get rid of boxes/instructions. Apart from the very early ones from when I was a kid!

I've got a few Harry Potter pieces myself, even though I was never interested in Harry Potter, will have to look through the boxes and boxes I've got to see what sets I had.

on 12:07 - Feb 23 with 3280 views_

Lego on 12:04 - Feb 23 by Kieran_Knows

I'll get that downloaded then!

I always do, never ever get rid of boxes/instructions. Apart from the very early ones from when I was a kid!

I've got a few Harry Potter pieces myself, even though I was never interested in Harry Potter, will have to look through the boxes and boxes I've got to see what sets I had.

Lego on 13:14 - Feb 23 with 3192 viewsWadeyBlue

I posted a picture of lego portman road that someone had built. It was a few years ago.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Login to get fewer ads

Lego on 13:16 - Feb 23 with 3183 viewsTJS

I had one of these in the early 1980's - a beautifully designed little thing.

Lego on 13:21 - Feb 23 with 3149 viewsbluewein

RE. the custom kit.

Pretty sure it was Joe who posted it.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

on 13:22 - Feb 23 with 3150 views_

Lego on 13:16 - Feb 23 by TJS

I had one of these in the early 1980's - a beautifully designed little thing.

Lego on 13:25 - Feb 23 with 3123 viewsJ2BLUE

Lego on 13:21 - Feb 23 by bluewein

RE. the custom kit.

Pretty sure it was Joe who posted it.

I think it was as well.

Can't say i'm into lego. Now, Duplo, there's a man's game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 13:27 - Feb 23 with 3113 views_

Lego on 13:25 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

I think it was as well.

Can't say i'm into lego. Now, Duplo, there's a man's game.

Lego on 13:30 - Feb 23 with 3106 viewsJ2BLUE

on 13:27 - Feb 23 by _

I just think if i'm going to build something it's going to be a giant castle.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lego on 15:30 - Feb 23 with 3019 viewsbadadski

Yeah i have been doing it for years, Star wars Lego is the biggy as a massive franchise and like you say, wait until just before retiring and buying to hold onto for a few years.
Factually lego increases more than gold.
Most of the exclusive sets are the best as it is mostly the mini figures that hold the value.
Also always look out for the pre xmas buy 2 get 1 free on toys - Argos, Boots and toys R Us do this. it usually pays for my xmas presents out of the profit as unbenown you can buy the sets, split up, sell the mini figures seperate which will usually reach the entire set woth and leave you with the box and set as profit plus your extra that you had for free from the offer. This is proven year in year out.
Lego on 15:35 - Feb 23 with 2992 viewschicoazul

A lad I know makes good money off selling Lego on eBay. Personally I dont see the appeal; what do you do with these big sets once theyre built?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lego on 15:38 - Feb 23 with 2983 viewsitfcjoe

I collect Lego, I have the whole Architecture range including the very rare Marina Bay Sands that was only released in Singapore and is probably worth 10x what I paid for it.

I dug out my old Lego from when I was a kid, bricklink'd any missing pieces and sold those on for lots of money.

I have the PR model, and a few other big sets but it's mostly Architecture I focus on - but there is definitely money to be made on the rare sets if you can get them. Sometimes just getting box and instructions is worthwhile as can get the pieces sorted

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lego on 15:41 - Feb 23 with 2974 viewscatch74

Weirdly I'm in the lego store, Leicester Square - waiting for my son to choose something less than the £420 Death Star.

Any orders whilst I'm here?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

on 15:44 - Feb 23 with 2969 views_

Lego on 15:30 - Feb 23 by badadski

Yeah i have been doing it for years, Star wars Lego is the biggy as a massive franchise and like you say, wait until just before retiring and buying to hold onto for a few years.
Factually lego increases more than gold.
Most of the exclusive sets are the best as it is mostly the mini figures that hold the value.
Also always look out for the pre xmas buy 2 get 1 free on toys - Argos, Boots and toys R Us do this. it usually pays for my xmas presents out of the profit as unbenown you can buy the sets, split up, sell the mini figures seperate which will usually reach the entire set woth and leave you with the box and set as profit plus your extra that you had for free from the offer. This is proven year in year out.

on 15:46 - Feb 23 with 2963 views_

Lego on 15:38 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

I collect Lego, I have the whole Architecture range including the very rare Marina Bay Sands that was only released in Singapore and is probably worth 10x what I paid for it.

I dug out my old Lego from when I was a kid, bricklink'd any missing pieces and sold those on for lots of money.

I have the PR model, and a few other big sets but it's mostly Architecture I focus on - but there is definitely money to be made on the rare sets if you can get them. Sometimes just getting box and instructions is worthwhile as can get the pieces sorted

Lego on 15:50 - Feb 23 with 2947 viewsKieran_Knows

Lego on 15:41 - Feb 23 by catch74

Weirdly I'm in the lego store, Leicester Square - waiting for my son to choose something less than the £420 Death Star.

Tower Bridge.

on 16:01 - Feb 23 with 2924 views_

Lego on 15:41 - Feb 23 by catch74

Lego on 16:07 - Feb 23 with 2919 viewsitfcjoe

on 15:46 - Feb 23 by _

This guy

http://www.brickstand.co.uk/product/portman-road

A number of my mates chipped in and got it for me for my 30th which was a cracking present!

Lego on 16:13 - Feb 23 with 2912 viewsitfcjoe

on 16:01 - Feb 23 by _

I got my parents to buy my niece the Disney Castle on mine which was good for points...

And a few Saturdays ago my sister-in-law was in London with her boyfriend and he bought the Death Star for £400 and she phoned me and got it all on my card so I currently have a load of points....!

on 16:33 - Feb 23 with 2886 views_

Lego on 16:13 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

I got my parents to buy my niece the Disney Castle on mine which was good for points...

And a few Saturdays ago my sister-in-law was in London with her boyfriend and he bought the Death Star for £400 and she phoned me and got it all on my card so I currently have a load of points....!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024