Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I fancy a horse running today 10:34 - Feb 27 with 19464 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

No info on it. But thought I'd post anyway as I really really fancy it.

Took 13/2 this morning but 11/3 with SkyBet still available

Wolverhampton 3:55 - Ninjago

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I fancy a horse running today on 17:05 - Feb 27 with 960 viewsSitfcB

I fancy a horse running today on 16:44 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

Not anymore.

So you used to? A lot?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I fancy a horse running today on 17:08 - Feb 27 with 959 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 16:58 - Feb 27 by taximan

the supreme is the target for moon racer unless the champion hurdle falls apart, i'm not involved in anything ante post, my king george disaster is still too fresh in the memory.

I thought of you when they said he was not going to run. On paper it looked a good bet even now. You had a good price for sure.

That's good to hear about Moon racer. Looks a below average supreme and his form looks the best comfortably

The only one I'm properly involved with I'd say is Alpha Des Obeaux. The fact it's worth 4 figures if it wins and my total betting for the four days (including all my multiples and antepost) would be about £500 at absolute most tells you all you need to know.

Thinking of getting a ticket for the RSA day to see it live but been a bit up in the air over whether I'll have a job on that day so had to hold off. Should know either way soon.

I fancy a horse running today on 17:09 - Feb 27 with 955 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 17:05 - Feb 27 by SitfcB

So you used to? A lot?

That would explain the OTT reaction to one simple mentioning of fancying a horse

I don't blame him for that if that's the case.

I fancy a horse running today on 17:10 - Feb 27 with 952 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 17:03 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Where in my OP have I told people to bet it? Or said it's definetely going to win?

I fancied it to win and said as much.

You are making this imto way bigger than it is.

I have winners. I have losers. Today was a loser.

I haven't apologised for the horse being beaten. Why would I? I don't force anyone to also back it and made it clear in the first like that I had no inside info on it.

If you are young or gullible and reading this, please don't ever assume that a horse will definetely win. And please gamble responsibly.

I haven't said you've told people to bet.

Stop shifting the goalposts.

- It doesn't matter if it was a thread you started or not.
- It doesn't matter if you said "bet on this, people" or not.

The fact is some could be persuaded to from these posts.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I fancy a horse running today on 17:11 - Feb 27 with 950 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 17:05 - Feb 27 by SitfcB

So you used to? A lot?

Yep. Although depends what you mean by "a lot".

I fancy a horse running today on 17:17 - Feb 27 with 939 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 17:09 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

That would explain the OTT reaction to one simple mentioning of fancying a horse

I don't blame him for that if that's the case.

I think you're being OTT to my reaction, ironically. I was just playing devil's advocate and urging caution, as already stated. Don't think I've posted anything here that could be described as an "OTT reaction".

And it wasn't "one simple mentioning of fancying a horse". You've gone on to give excuses as to why it didn't win and that you believe it will next time. In fact the excuses post is the reason I posted.

As you'll recall, my only reply to you "fancying a horse" was a jokey one about its lovely mane and firm thighs!
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 17:17]

I fancy a horse running today on 17:17 - Feb 27 with 934 viewsSitfcB

I fancy a horse running today on 17:11 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

Yep. Although depends what you mean by "a lot".

Just wondering by your reaction, and just interested to know. #nosey

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I fancy a horse running today on 17:17 - Feb 27 with 933 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 17:10 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

I haven't said you've told people to bet.

Stop shifting the goalposts.

- It doesn't matter if it was a thread you started or not.
- It doesn't matter if you said "bet on this, people" or not.

The fact is some could be persuaded to from these posts.

Ok Dolly.

I'm genuinely unsure as to what you want me to do next time. As I can't do anything about it if people decide to back the horse based on me backing it.

I said I fancied Bournemouth last season at Stamford bridge at fancied it at 10/1. I said I thought they'd win. My personal opinion.

They won and I had none of this then. Why?

The last thread when I had the winner, I had none of this then. Why?

ABB did a thread recently when he got the winner, none of this then. Why?

Another poster tipped a horse on here that lost recently, none of this then. Why?

In all four situations above 'could be persuaded to from these posts' so what should we do? What are you asking to happen?

Login to get fewer ads

I fancy a horse running today on 17:18 - Feb 27 with 927 viewsbluebud

I fancy a horse running today on 16:50 - Feb 27 by taximan

betfair is a very good guide as to what is expected of the horse

if the exchange price is similar to the industry price, they tend to run ok

...also good for f/c and t/c purposes I've found.
I fancy a horse running today on 17:21 - Feb 27 with 923 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 17:17 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

I think you're being OTT to my reaction, ironically. I was just playing devil's advocate and urging caution, as already stated. Don't think I've posted anything here that could be described as an "OTT reaction".

And it wasn't "one simple mentioning of fancying a horse". You've gone on to give excuses as to why it didn't win and that you believe it will next time. In fact the excuses post is the reason I posted.

As you'll recall, my only reply to you "fancying a horse" was a jokey one about its lovely mane and firm thighs!
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 17:17]

But that's my point dollers.

I watch an awful lot of horse racing. I've given my opinion as to why it didn't. Like when you give an opinion on ipswich losing after you've predicted us to win. Knowledge affectively.

You are being OTT, you've mentioned that the young and the gullible could be backing horses based on this thread and seem to think I've done something wrong (asides from not getting the winner)

I fancy a horse running today on 17:22 - Feb 27 with 917 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 17:17 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Ok Dolly.

I'm genuinely unsure as to what you want me to do next time. As I can't do anything about it if people decide to back the horse based on me backing it.

I said I fancied Bournemouth last season at Stamford bridge at fancied it at 10/1. I said I thought they'd win. My personal opinion.

They won and I had none of this then. Why?

The last thread when I had the winner, I had none of this then. Why?

ABB did a thread recently when he got the winner, none of this then. Why?

Another poster tipped a horse on here that lost recently, none of this then. Why?

In all four situations above 'could be persuaded to from these posts' so what should we do? What are you asking to happen?

Believe it or not I don't read every thread on here. Especially the horse racing ones.

I'm not asking you to do anything. Just don't get arsey/so defensive when someone questions you, that's all. I've been at pains to point out I'm not having a go at you, I've said what I've said like a disclaimer for others reading, but you nevertheless seem to be taking it personally.

I've wasted enough time on this and said my bit.

I fancy a horse running today on 17:23 - Feb 27 with 914 viewsArcher4721

I fancy a horse running today on 16:50 - Feb 27 by taximan

betfair is a very good guide as to what is expected of the horse

if the exchange price is similar to the industry price, they tend to run ok

Indeed and the real money comes in just before the off.
I fancy a horse running today on 17:26 - Feb 27 with 908 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 17:22 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

Believe it or not I don't read every thread on here. Especially the horse racing ones.

I'm not asking you to do anything. Just don't get arsey/so defensive when someone questions you, that's all. I've been at pains to point out I'm not having a go at you, I've said what I've said like a disclaimer for others reading, but you nevertheless seem to be taking it personally.

I've wasted enough time on this and said my bit.

I'm not taking it personally at all.

I'm merely questioning as to what your problem is with the thread. I can't see what the issue is?

First you said it was an 'excuse' as to it losing even though it's merely my opinion.
Then you said it was a thread where the young/gullible could be persuaded to bet.
Now you are not really saying anything.

Perhaps I've simply debated very well then.

I fancy a horse running today on 17:30 - Feb 27 with 895 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 17:26 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm not taking it personally at all.

I'm merely questioning as to what your problem is with the thread. I can't see what the issue is?

First you said it was an 'excuse' as to it losing even though it's merely my opinion.
Then you said it was a thread where the young/gullible could be persuaded to bet.
Now you are not really saying anything.

Perhaps I've simply debated very well then.

haha

I give up.

If you can't see what the issue is and think you've debated very well then I'm done.

I fancy a horse running today on 17:32 - Feb 27 with 891 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 17:30 - Feb 27 by Dolly2.0

haha

I give up.

If you can't see what the issue is and think you've debated very well then I'm done.

There is no issue.

Not one other person has said there is a problem with this thread.

Instead you've got your knickers in a twist over nothing. And we've established that it's in fact your problems in the past gambling wise that have made you over sensitive to any mention of gambling.

I fancy a horse running today on 17:39 - Feb 27 with 865 viewsBenters

I fancy a horse running today on 17:32 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

There is no issue.

Instead you've got your knickers in a twist over nothing. And we've established that it's in fact your problems in the past gambling wise that have made you over sensitive to any mention of gambling.

I wouldnt take any notice Rommy !

Dolly spends £90 on a sausage and mash meal for two,mind you the sausages were cut in little pieces !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I fancy a horse running today on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 861 viewsimsureazzure

I fancy a horse running today on 16:12 - Feb 27 by Benters

Mugs game innit

Only if you are a mug.
I fancy a horse running today on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 861 viewscolchesterchris

I fancy a horse running today on 17:32 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

There is no issue.

I think that's out of order, I read and follow your threads out of interest as I know very little about horse racing. But to suggest that someone suggesting exercising caution has their knickers in a twist and shows a complete lack of understanding of how easily influenced people are.

I had one of my £20 free bets on one of your suggestions, I lost, but that's life and I'm fortunate enough not to be vulnerable. You're a convincing read (that's a compliment), but with that comes a responsibility to make sure you're not lulling people into a false sense of security, whether you might think you are or not.

As I said, I like your posts, and think you're one with genuine views on things rather than trying to make points for the sake of it, but I think you've misjudged Dolly's motives and intentions here.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 17:43]

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

I fancy a horse running today on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 828 viewsBenters

I fancy a horse running today on 17:42 - Feb 27 by colchesterchris

I think that's out of order, I read and follow your threads out of interest as I know very little about horse racing. But to suggest that someone suggesting exercising caution has their knickers in a twist and shows a complete lack of understanding of how easily influenced people are.

I had one of my £20 free bets on one of your suggestions, I lost, but that's life and I'm fortunate enough not to be vulnerable. You're a convincing read (that's a compliment), but with that comes a responsibility to make sure you're not lulling people into a false sense of security, whether you might think you are or not.

As I said, I like your posts, and think you're one with genuine views on things rather than trying to make points for the sake of it, but I think you've misjudged Dolly's motives and intentions here.

Mugs game mate give up

Gentlybentley

I fancy a horse running today on 17:54 - Feb 27 with 823 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 17:42 - Feb 27 by colchesterchris

Perhaps it is out of order.

But he's said this thread is one that 'persuades the young/gullible to bet on your selections'

That's really not my fault.

Shame about the horse losing.

Hopefully see you on the racing threads I'm a fortnight for Cheltenham. I shall do one of my Cheltenham previews each day like last year.

Appreciate the kind words.

I fancy a horse running today on 18:00 - Feb 27 with 801 viewsBenters

I fancy a horse running today on 17:54 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

But he's said this thread is one that 'persuades the young/gullible to bet on your selections'

Hopefully see you on the racing threads I'm a fortnight for Cheltenham. I shall do one of my Cheltenham previews each day like last year.

Yeah but you cant win them all can you ?

Gentlybentley

I fancy a horse running today on 18:01 - Feb 27 with 796 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a horse running today on 18:00 - Feb 27 by Benters

Yeah but you cant win them all can you ?

Exactly

I have winners. I have losers. Today I lost. The only person who seems to be affected by it was dolly for some reason

I fancy a horse running today on 18:10 - Feb 27 with 781 viewsBenters

I fancy a horse running today on 18:01 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly

I have winners. I have losers. Today I lost. The only person who seems to be affected by it was dolly for some reason

Have you met him ?

He is a bit odd takes a rucksack to football full of hair products that sort of thing ?

Gentlybentley

I fancy a horse running today on 18:18 - Feb 27 with 768 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 17:54 - Feb 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I've said it COULD. Why do you continuously misquote me/put words in my mouth?

I've tried very hard to be polite and explain myself. I've not tried to stop you posting about gambling. I've not had a go at you.

I think you should read back and have another think about who's 'getting their knickers in a twist'.

I fancy a horse running today on 18:19 - Feb 27 with 764 viewsDolly2.0

I fancy a horse running today on 18:10 - Feb 27 by Benters

Have you met him ?

He is a bit odd takes a rucksack to football full of hair products that sort of thing ?

You're nothing but a stirrer, aren't you Benters?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024