Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Webster and Smith pairing? 12:27 - Feb 28 with 1465 viewsWestcountryblue

Been thinking about our squad for next season and i think there will be few teams in this division with a better pairing than Webster and Smith at the back. Personally, i think we've really missed both players this season, Webster for his ball playing ability and Smith for his goal scoring ability from set pieces.

Can't see Berra saying next season and i would think that Chambers will probably find himself as back up.
Webster and Smith pairing? on 13:01 - Feb 28 with 1389 viewsbournemouthblue

Although we may persevere with the 352, accommodating both potentially along with Knudsen

We could also have Taylor and Digby competing for those places, which seems decent enough to me. The defence is certainly our area of strength on paper.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 13:01]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Webster and Smith pairing? on 14:06 - Feb 28 with 1288 viewschislehurstblue

Smith isnt actually very good although had improved up to his injury. We need better than him for a serious promotion push
Webster and Smith pairing? on 14:57 - Feb 28 with 1217 viewsWestcountryblue

Webster and Smith pairing? on 13:01 - Feb 28 by bournemouthblue

Although we may persevere with the 352, accommodating both potentially along with Knudsen

We could also have Taylor and Digby competing for those places, which seems decent enough to me. The defence is certainly our area of strength on paper.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 13:01]

Bartosz, Webster and Smith are top players at this level. Personally, i'd prefer to have Chambers and Taylor as back up. Good players to have in an around the changing room, but Taylor might not have the athleticism needed to play at this level anymore. Knudsen always has a mistake in him, which will cost us over 46 games, but again, would be decent back up.

Hopefully we can add a good right back, which will give our back 4 more balance.
Webster and Smith pairing? on 15:31 - Feb 28 with 1176 viewsblueislander

Webster and Smith pairing? on 14:57 - Feb 28 by Westcountryblue

Bartosz, Webster and Smith are top players at this level. Personally, i'd prefer to have Chambers and Taylor as back up. Good players to have in an around the changing room, but Taylor might not have the athleticism needed to play at this level anymore. Knudsen always has a mistake in him, which will cost us over 46 games, but again, would be decent back up.

Hopefully we can add a good right back, which will give our back 4 more balance.

Webster and Spence would be my preferred pairing at centre back, both being decent footballers. If it were a back 3 I would put Smith with them , although , if he were still here Taylor would be a good alternative. Emmanuel should develope into a good championship full back.
Webster and Smith pairing? on 15:35 - Feb 28 with 1162 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Webster and Smith pairing? on 14:57 - Feb 28 by Westcountryblue

Knudsen makes less mistakes than Smith did at that age, and he's come good.

Poll: Best Football Song

Webster and Smith pairing? on 17:21 - Feb 28 with 1079 viewschislehurstblue

Webster and Smith pairing? on 15:35 - Feb 28 by RoyKeanesDog

Knudsen makes less mistakes than Smith did at that age, and he's come good.

Smith makes too many mistakes and gets bullied easily. I am not sure he is up to it.

Spence looks get going forward, but very suspect defending. Actually thought he looked poor defensively on Sunday same as Kenlock. Both going forward was impressive though.

Knudsen isnt a left back and to be honest seeing him as one of the back 3 CB has surprised me as to how well his has performed.

Chambers and Webster need to be the main two next season, assuming that they both stay and Berra goes. Then its Knudsen with Smith as back up.

How anyone can say Smith is in their 2 or 3 is beyond me. Did you need see him get done time and again on Sunday by Murphy.
Webster and Smith pairing? on 17:45 - Feb 28 with 1057 viewsbournemouthblue

Webster and Smith pairing? on 17:21 - Feb 28 by chislehurstblue

Smith makes too many mistakes and gets bullied easily. I am not sure he is up to it.

Spence looks get going forward, but very suspect defending. Actually thought he looked poor defensively on Sunday same as Kenlock. Both going forward was impressive though.

Knudsen isnt a left back and to be honest seeing him as one of the back 3 CB has surprised me as to how well his has performed.

Chambers and Webster need to be the main two next season, assuming that they both stay and Berra goes. Then its Knudsen with Smith as back up.

How anyone can say Smith is in their 2 or 3 is beyond me. Did you need see him get done time and again on Sunday by Murphy.

You can't judge him on that game surely, he is only just back from injury?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024