Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the heck is going on in this country 09:05 - Mar 15 with 4067 viewsGuthrum

when people think it's clever or funny to put up an anti-jewish road sign? Not anti-Israeli, specifically anti-Jewish. Do these idiots not have family and friends who can tell them how stupid this is? Have they learnt nothing from history?

Tho I suppose if all their friends are on-line American white power loons (where the anti-semitic tradition has been a lot stronger than in the UK far right), then perhaps not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/15/beware-jews-sign-reported-police-mps-

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What the heck is going on in this country on 11:44 - Mar 15 with 1315 viewsnoggin

I would never have guessed that was meant to be an orthodox Jew, to be honest. All the same, nasty stuff. Hope they catch those guilty and punish them severly

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What the heck is going on in this country on 11:45 - Mar 15 with 1297 viewsLord_Lucan

What the heck is going on in this country on 11:44 - Mar 15 by noggin

I would never have guessed that was meant to be an orthodox Jew, to be honest. All the same, nasty stuff. Hope they catch those guilty and punish them severly

It looks like Charlie Chaplin

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What the heck is going on in this country on 11:49 - Mar 15 with 1282 viewsnoggin

What the heck is going on in this country on 11:34 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

Am I the only one that thinks the reaction has been blown out of proportion.

Is it offensive in a hate way or just a misplaced giggle that went a bit too far.

It's not as if someone has put up a swastika with the words "Feck off Jews"

I thought that about Millwall singing "3 for a fiver" at the Asian Spurs player. A bit blown out of proportion in my opinion. I guess it depends on how the victim perceives it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What the heck is going on in this country on 12:18 - Mar 15 with 1226 viewsconnorscontract

Is it offensive in a hate way or just a misplaced giggle that went a bit too far.

Looks like you might be.

Fascism must always be resisted at the start. Lesson from history.

The sign is a hazard warning sign. It means "Beware! Jews!" Someone spent time and money planning out the installation. How do you think it makes the local Jewish community feel?

As a piece of hate propaganda it is wittier and more stylishly realised than a daubed message. It might even raise a smile from some. But wit and graphic design skills don't make it acceptable. If anything it makes it more effective, and therefore more alarming.

Jewish groups are always extremely quick to make a noise and call out any anti-semitic hate crime. Considering their history I don't think that is surprising.
What the heck is going on in this country on 12:21 - Mar 15 with 1206 viewsLord_Lucan

What the heck is going on in this country on 12:18 - Mar 15 by connorscontract

Looks like you might be.

Fascism must always be resisted at the start. Lesson from history.

The sign is a hazard warning sign. It means "Beware! Jews!" Someone spent time and money planning out the installation. How do you think it makes the local Jewish community feel?

As a piece of hate propaganda it is wittier and more stylishly realised than a daubed message. It might even raise a smile from some. But wit and graphic design skills don't make it acceptable. If anything it makes it more effective, and therefore more alarming.

Jewish groups are always extremely quick to make a noise and call out any anti-semitic hate crime. Considering their history I don't think that is surprising.

Fair enough.

I wasn't glorifying it, I just thought there might have been a bit of an over reaction.

I take on board your comments.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What the heck is going on in this country on 12:25 - Mar 15 with 1190 viewsNo9

What the heck is going on in this country on 11:24 - Mar 15 by caught-in-limbo

But when it comes to 24h surveillance, CCTVs are better than the Police, right?

Not if the lenses are crap
What the heck is going on in this country on 12:56 - Mar 15 with 1153 viewsblue_oyster

What's curious about this story, is that there only seems to be only one picture available of the incident.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:05 - Mar 15 with 1138 viewsgiant_stow

What the heck is going on in this country on 12:56 - Mar 15 by blue_oyster

What's curious about this story, is that there only seems to be only one picture available of the incident.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/15/beware-jews-road-sign-north-lond

'art'

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:27 - Mar 15 with 1105 viewsBenters

What the heck is going on in this country on 11:49 - Mar 15 by noggin

I thought that about Millwall singing "3 for a fiver" at the Asian Spurs player. A bit blown out of proportion in my opinion. I guess it depends on how the victim perceives it.

Thats cheap innit ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:29 - Mar 15 with 1101 viewsBenters

Whaaaat !!

You dont feel 'offended' by this ?

They love a bit of that on here !

No doubt someone will be along to put you right in a mo..

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:35 - Mar 15 with 1081 viewsTheBlueBarca

Your presumption is the people who have done this are "white" and "right wing". Given what we see in terms of anti-semitism in this country, it is just as likely to be a member of the Labour Party or someone not-white as it is a white supremacist these days.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:36 - Mar 15 with 1076 viewsgiant_stow

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:35 - Mar 15 by TheBlueBarca

Your presumption is the people who have done this are "white" and "right wing". Given what we see in terms of anti-semitism in this country, it is just as likely to be a member of the Labour Party or someone not-white as it is a white supremacist these days.

I've given you the answer above! It's a silly person putting up a piece of art and pissing everyone off.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:38 - Mar 15 with 1070 viewsTheBlueBarca

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:36 - Mar 15 by giant_stow

I've given you the answer above! It's a silly person putting up a piece of art and pissing everyone off.

So definitely a white supremacist right winger as the original poster presumed then.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:38 - Mar 15 with 1064 viewsgiant_stow

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:38 - Mar 15 by TheBlueBarca

So definitely a white supremacist right winger as the original poster presumed then.

funny innit.

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:52 - Mar 15 with 1036 viewsvapour_trail

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:29 - Mar 15 by Benters

Whaaaat !!

You dont feel 'offended' by this ?

They love a bit of that on here !

No doubt someone will be along to put you right in a mo..

You're one of the quickest here to take offence.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:53 - Mar 15 with 1023 viewsvapour_trail

What the heck is going on in this country on 12:56 - Mar 15 by blue_oyster

Welcome back blue oyster.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:55 - Mar 15 with 1002 viewsNo9

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:05 - Mar 15 by giant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/15/beware-jews-road-sign-north-lond

'art'

Same picture isn't it?
What the heck is going on in this country on 14:02 - Mar 15 with 976 viewsgiant_stow

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:55 - Mar 15 by No9

Same picture isn't it?

yeap.

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:15 - Mar 15 with 941 viewsGlasgowBlue

What the heck is going on in this country on 13:35 - Mar 15 by TheBlueBarca

This is the elephant in the room

https://antisemitism.uk/british-muslims/

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:49 - Mar 15 with 906 viewscaught-in-limbo

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:15 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

This is the elephant in the room

https://antisemitism.uk/british-muslims/

I disagree. The results are such because Palestinians (muslims) are at the receiving end of a lot of Israeli domestic and "foreign" policy. Non-muslims generally don't learn of the true the extent of such discrimination and violence - justified as "self defence" and usually reported as tit-for-tat.

Now, while there is a much higher percentage of muslims feeling hatred towards Jews because of the situation in Israel and Palestine, there is universal Islamophobia, across all religions in all continents.

While Islam is the most populous religion there are a few very small groups of jihadis, armed and supported by our "friends" Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other Gulf States and even supported by we Britons, other Europeans, Israelis and Americans when it comes to ousting leaders of non compliant countries we don't like.

THAT is the elephant in the room.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:52 - Mar 15 with 894 viewsSteve_M

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:49 - Mar 15 by caught-in-limbo

I disagree. The results are such because Palestinians (muslims) are at the receiving end of a lot of Israeli domestic and "foreign" policy. Non-muslims generally don't learn of the true the extent of such discrimination and violence - justified as "self defence" and usually reported as tit-for-tat.

Now, while there is a much higher percentage of muslims feeling hatred towards Jews because of the situation in Israel and Palestine, there is universal Islamophobia, across all religions in all continents.

While Islam is the most populous religion there are a few very small groups of jihadis, armed and supported by our "friends" Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other Gulf States and even supported by we Britons, other Europeans, Israelis and Americans when it comes to ousting leaders of non compliant countries we don't like.

Is this prejudice Top Trumps?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:55 - Mar 15 with 885 viewsGlasgowBlue

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:49 - Mar 15 by caught-in-limbo

You disagree that anti-Semitism among Britain’s Muslim communities is ‘routine and commonplace.’ ?

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2013/03/sorry-truth-virus-anti-semitism-

Medhi Hassan calls it their "dirty little secret".

Iron Lion Zion

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:59 - Mar 15 with 877 viewscaught-in-limbo

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:55 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

You disagree that anti-Semitism among Britain’s Muslim communities is ‘routine and commonplace.’ ?

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2013/03/sorry-truth-virus-anti-semitism-

Medhi Hassan calls it their "dirty little secret".

No, I don't. I don't know why you have come to that conclusion. Read what I wrote again.

#toxic

What the heck is going on in this country on 15:01 - Mar 15 with 863 viewscaught-in-limbo

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:52 - Mar 15 by Steve_M

Is this prejudice Top Trumps?

No. It's "Which is the biggest elephant in the room?"

#toxic

What the heck is going on in this country on 15:02 - Mar 15 with 860 viewsGlasgowBlue

What the heck is going on in this country on 14:59 - Mar 15 by caught-in-limbo

No, I don't. I don't know why you have come to that conclusion. Read what I wrote again.

So you agree that anti-Semitism among Britain’s Muslim communities is ‘routine and commonplace.’

Are you then saying that anti semitism towards British Jews is justified because of Israeli policy on Palestinians?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024