Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning 17:20 - Mar 21 with 2026 viewsfactual_blue

I think I may have seen this e-mail before, possibly on TWTD, but I can't be certain.

Dear Facters*

Thank you for your email, we appreciate all your views and opinions. I can assure you that the views of the fans are important to the Club and are taken into account when we reach important decisions.

The Club were one of the last - if not the last - to switch to producing a new home and away shirt every year rather than every two years. Likewise, Town are also one of the few clubs that has operated a senior citizen band at 60. The decision has been taking this season to increase the concession age category to 65. The qualifying date used by the Club for price bands is August 10, 2017. So if you are aged between 23, and 64 on that date, you will pay an adult price. If you are 65 and above on August 10, you will pay the senior concession price. If you are currently paying a senior concession prices for a season ticket but will be 64 or younger on August 10th, your season ticket for 2017/18 will need to change to an adult ticket. However, the increased cost will be subsidised by 50 per cent. The supporters who fall into this bracket will be contacted directly by the Club.

There is never a good time to increase prices or make pricing adjustments. It is coincidental, that the Club continues to have a difficult time on the field at the same time as it has to consider how to fund next year’s budget.

The facts are the Club’s playing squad spend for the past 3 seasons have continued to rise — 3 seasons ago playing squad spend went up by 17% on the prior season — two seasons ago 7% - and this season it went up a further 8%. Playing squad, coaches & academy costs as a percentage of turnover is now running at 91%. I am pleased to say that all non playing squad costs remained static by saving costs and efficiencies.

To expect the owner to not raise ticket prices when he continues to support an ever increasing playing squad spend is not reasonable. He has set out a clear strategy which is to have careful management of the Club’s annual budget and where that budget is spent along with how the Club is to raise revenue to meet its investment priorities of focusing on the Academy; having a competitive wage structure and careful use of our transfer budget on developing players.

It is regrettable to have the raise prices and the Club has no desire to do so but we have to face economic reality of running a financially sustainable Club if it is going to survive. The owner is doing his bit with the increasing costs and we need the fans to help.

I respect your decision with regards to your view to cancelling your season ticket, but I hope that if you do we will do sufficient on the pitch next season to encourage you once again to commit to returning as a season ticket holder in the near future.

Everyone here at the Club wants nothing more than to see the Club success. We are confident that with continued support of our fans through this difficult period we can realise this ambition.

Thank you for your continued support at this challenging time.

Kind regards

Edwina Sesto | Customer Service
Ipswich Town Football Club | Portman Road | Ipswich | Suffolk IP1 2DA
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 400 500| Fax: +44 (0) 1473 400 040
Email: edwina.sesto@itfc.co.uk | Web Page: http://www.itfc.co.uk
Twitter: @official_ITFC | Facebook: www.facebook.com/officialitfc

*It doesn't actually say Facters
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 17:21]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:23 - Mar 21 with 1977 viewshoppy

"*It doesn't actually say Facters" ...but all the other grammatical and spelling errors are exactly as they were in their communication? That is poor.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:25 - Mar 21 with 1955 viewsfooters

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:23 - Mar 21 by hoppy

"*It doesn't actually say Facters" ...but all the other grammatical and spelling errors are exactly as they were in their communication? That is poor.

This.

We all want the Club to success. But how is it going to happen?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:26 - Mar 21 with 1941 viewsVillageBlue

Maybe we should come up with a standard letter to send to the club? Then we can all send the same one and see if they actually notice.
E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:29 - Mar 21 with 1913 viewsPinewoodblue

The last two paragraphs say it all. If we don't go up, or if we are relegated, it is the fault of stay away fans.

What is the point of thanking some one for their continued support if you have already told them you are not going to.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:29 - Mar 21 with 1911 viewshoppy

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:25 - Mar 21 by footers

This.

To have the raise prices, obviously.

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:32 - Mar 21 with 1885 viewsfactual_blue

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:25 - Mar 21 by footers

This.

Well, they 'respect your decision with regards to your view to cancelling your season ticket', so that's all good.

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:33 - Mar 21 with 1868 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401857/here-is-their-response-to-my-email-about-60-6

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:37 - Mar 21 with 1843 viewsfactual_blue

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:26 - Mar 21 by VillageBlue

Maybe we should come up with a standard letter to send to the club? Then we can all send the same one and see if they actually notice.

I'm reminded of the Henry Root letters. He sent a letter Esther Rantzen telling how good she was etc and asking for a signed photo. He got a letter thanking him for his kind words etc, and enclosing a signed photo.

He then sent her another letter saying she was an ugly talent-free bint.

He got exactly the same reply, and a signed photo.

Login to get fewer ads

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:40 - Mar 21 with 1800 viewsfactual_blue

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:33 - Mar 21 by The_Romford_Blue

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401857/here-is-their-response-to-my-email-about-60-6

No, that's not it.

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:42 - Mar 21 with 1791 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:33 - Mar 21 by The_Romford_Blue

You should respond thanking her for answering a question about the home and away shirts that you never even asked...

(Well, I say "answering"...)
E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:43 - Mar 21 with 1778 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:40 - Mar 21 by factual_blue

No, that's not it.

It's the same paragraphs as your reply in some parts

I.e. The bit about the kits, the percentage increase et

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:45 - Mar 21 with 1750 viewsfactual_blue

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:43 - Mar 21 by The_Romford_Blue

It's the same paragraphs as your reply in some parts

I.e. The bit about the kits, the percentage increase et

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:48 - Mar 21 with 1735 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:45 - Mar 21 by factual_blue

Damn.

I wondered if you were being sarcastic or not.

Barst*rd ;)

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:55 - Mar 21 with 1705 viewsSWGF

They're bloody fortunate that everyone's individual issue can be answered by the same message, give or take a couple of sentences.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:57 - Mar 21 with 1687 viewsIllinoisblue

"...wants nothing more than to see the Club success" SIgh. You'd think they'd check a templated reply for errors.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 18:05 - Mar 21 with 1658 viewshoppy

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:55 - Mar 21 by SWGF

They're bloody fortunate that everyone's individual issue can be answered by the same message, give or take a couple of sentences.

Indeed. Especially as everyone will have been taking the opportunity to have mentioned the change of kit every season, no doubt.

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 18:19 - Mar 21 with 1616 viewsSwansea_Blue

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 17:29 - Mar 21 by Pinewoodblue

The last two paragraphs say it all. If we don't go up, or if we are relegated, it is the fault of stay away fans.

What is the point of thanking some one for their continued support if you have already told them you are not going to.

Excuse me if I'm being thick, but what difference does it make?

- We make a loss each season wiith minor spending on fees and trying to trim the wage budget.
- ME makes up the difference necessary to balance the books each season (which he should receive more credit for in all fairness).
- So if we gain a few fans that doesn't generate extra money for signings; it just covers a little more of the annual loss and ME pays a bit less to make up the rest.
- similarly if we lose a few fans, ME has to pay a little more to cover the losses

All we're talking about here is whether ME pays a little bit more or less to offset the debt. Under the current model, it doesn't filter down to the team.

What am i missing (it's been a long day)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 18:29 - Mar 21 with 1585 viewshoppy

E-mail I've had from Edwina Sesto this morning on 18:19 - Mar 21 by Swansea_Blue

Excuse me if I'm being thick, but what difference does it make?

- We make a loss each season wiith minor spending on fees and trying to trim the wage budget.
- ME makes up the difference necessary to balance the books each season (which he should receive more credit for in all fairness).
- So if we gain a few fans that doesn't generate extra money for signings; it just covers a little more of the annual loss and ME pays a bit less to make up the rest.
- similarly if we lose a few fans, ME has to pay a little more to cover the losses

All we're talking about here is whether ME pays a little bit more or less to offset the debt. Under the current model, it doesn't filter down to the team.

What am i missing (it's been a long day)?

I think "whether ME pays a little bit more" may be part of the issue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024