Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I thinking too sensibly? 19:38 - Mar 21 with 1995 viewstextbackup

But...

“To expect the owner to not raise ticket prices when he continues to support an ever-increasing playing squad spend is not reasonable.'

...do they not understand that minus (say) 1500-2000 ST holders is going to cost ME a shtload more than he currently puts in for just running costs?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 19:41 - Mar 21 with 1965 viewsfooters

They're still in a bullish mood about their well-thought out plan, including the 12,750(?) ST 5% refund target, so are defending it.

They won't realise it fully in time since the club has the turning circle of an oil tanker. Newcy can confirm/deny this.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 19:41 - Mar 21 with 1952 viewsReuser_is_God

No, they probably don't realise that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 19:51 - Mar 21 with 1874 viewsfactual_blue

It won't cost him any more. He'll simply reduce the wage bill further and leave his contribution at the level he's content with.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 19:54 - Mar 21 with 1864 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else slightly concerned that the club will do a u-turn and then blame a lack of transfer activity on the fans?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 19:56 - Mar 21 with 1851 viewstextbackup

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 19:54 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

Anyone else slightly concerned that the club will do a u-turn and then blame a lack of transfer activity on the fans?

They told the paper they won't review prices.

I can see they still blaming the fans tho when only 10k renew

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 20:00 - Mar 21 with 1818 viewsReuser_is_God

Of course they will.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 20:03 - Mar 21 with 1788 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I can see them NOT doing a U-TURN and yet still blaming the fans for a lack of transfers

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 20:09 - Mar 21 with 1757 viewsbrogansnose

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 20:03 - Mar 21 by The_Romford_Blue

I can see them NOT doing a U-TURN and yet still blaming the fans for a lack of transfers

What you're saying , which just goes to highlight how out of touch they are and this is understandable when their heads are up their backsides.
Login to get fewer ads

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 20:24 - Mar 21 with 1703 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 19:56 - Mar 21 by textbackup

They told the paper they won't review prices.

I can see they still blaming the fans tho when only 10k renew

I can see it now...10 Kieffer Moores on the pitch next season and it will be well that's all we can afford because of the downturn in support. This mob are going to cost us a generation of fans, which we will never get back.

Poll: Our final position

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 23:30 - Mar 21 with 1565 viewsmutters

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 20:24 - Mar 21 by southnorfolkblue

I can see it now...10 Kieffer Moores on the pitch next season and it will be well that's all we can afford because of the downturn in support. This mob are going to cost us a generation of fans, which we will never get back.

Please give Kieffer Moores a chance before you condem this ability to contribute to our club.

Money does not always buy quality.....(Chopra, Lee Martin for example)

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 05:07 - Mar 22 with 1423 viewsBenters

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 23:30 - Mar 21 by mutters

Please give Kieffer Moores a chance before you condem this ability to contribute to our club.

Of course money buys quality !

Why did Sheff W pay £10m for Jordan Rhodes and not £10k on Kiefer Moore then?

Im not saying Moore will be crap but its far better to buy top players who are up and running so to speak,then players we hope will come good.

Yes i know before some smart arse pipes up 'see Derby it hasnt worked for them' but for every Derby there is a Brighton.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 06:36 - Mar 22 with 1347 viewschristiand

Yes of course they will, but then that shows you what numpties we have running the club. Honestly, why would you even consider paying more for such a p*ss poor match day experience? Only at Ipswich. Perhaps they need to look at themselves and ask why so many won't be renuining instead of passing the buck, which they do exceedingly well!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 08:07 - Mar 22 with 1287 viewsBluebell

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 05:07 - Mar 22 by Benters

Of course money buys quality !

Why did Sheff W pay £10m for Jordan Rhodes and not £10k on Kiefer Moore then?

Im not saying Moore will be crap but its far better to buy top players who are up and running so to speak,then players we hope will come good.

Yes i know before some smart arse pipes up 'see Derby it hasnt worked for them' but for every Derby there is a Brighton.

"Why did Sheff W pay £10m for Jordan Rhodes and not £10k on Kiefer Moore then?"

Sorry Benters but Sheffield Wednesday didn't pay £10,000 for Rhodes. He is only on loan there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38842033
Am I thinking too sensibly? on 12:09 - Mar 22 with 1210 viewsBenters

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 08:07 - Mar 22 by Bluebell

"Why did Sheff W pay £10m for Jordan Rhodes and not £10k on Kiefer Moore then?"

Sorry Benters but Sheffield Wednesday didn't pay £10,000 for Rhodes. He is only on loan there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38842033

I sit corrected !

Why didnt he come here then ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 12:45 - Mar 22 with 1145 viewsJ2BLUE

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 12:09 - Mar 22 by Benters

I sit corrected !

Why didnt he come here then ?

He's on loan with a £10m permanent deal all agreed according to Sky so your point stands.

Truly impaired.

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 13:05 - Mar 22 with 1104 viewsRyorry

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 19:41 - Mar 21 by footers

They're still in a bullish mood about their well-thought out plan, including the 12,750(?) ST 5% refund target, so are defending it.

They won't realise it fully in time since the club has the turning circle of an oil tanker. Newcy can confirm/deny this.

That 5% refund for hitting some renewal target set by themselves is one of the most despicable concoctions I've ever seen by any UK club, ever.

It's like a teacher punishing a whole class because an individual or a handful have done something wrong. To me it actually smacks of a form of bullying/coercion - trying to guilt trip people into renewing, by saying, in effect, that fellow fans will be punished financially if you don't. Shameless. If I were a football newbie living in the area and thinking about a ST, it would put me right off ITFC - gives the opposite impression of the 'family-friendly' club that drew me in, in the 70s. As it is, gives me, a diehard supporter of 40 years, an even worse feeling about the club at the mo than I had 2 weeks ago.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 13:08]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 13:08 - Mar 22 with 1073 viewsJ2BLUE

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 13:05 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

That 5% refund for hitting some renewal target set by themselves is one of the most despicable concoctions I've ever seen by any UK club, ever.

It's like a teacher punishing a whole class because an individual or a handful have done something wrong. To me it actually smacks of a form of bullying/coercion - trying to guilt trip people into renewing, by saying, in effect, that fellow fans will be punished financially if you don't. Shameless. If I were a football newbie living in the area and thinking about a ST, it would put me right off ITFC - gives the opposite impression of the 'family-friendly' club that drew me in, in the 70s. As it is, gives me, a diehard supporter of 40 years, an even worse feeling about the club at the mo than I had 2 weeks ago.

It seems to be set at a ridiculously high level to be deliberately unobtainable. It's like Evans thinks that we're all idiots and can't see through it.

Truly impaired.

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 13:10 - Mar 22 with 1057 viewsuncle

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 13:05 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

They should season ticket holders a percentage refund if we finish in the bottom half again. You never know, it might motivate somebody at the club somewhere to do something.
And I know that would never ever happen.
Am I thinking too sensibly? on 13:13 - Mar 22 with 1032 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Fire sale is coming
and
contacts not renewed

we will be the burton / rotherham next season
Am I thinking too sensibly? on 13:42 - Mar 22 with 980 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Am I thinking too sensibly? on 23:30 - Mar 21 by mutters

I'm not condemning Moore himself - its the general cheap and cheerful attitude to purchasing players that I have an issue with. You end up with a bloated squad of average/below average players rather than having perhaps a couple of players that might actually win us a game of football - something that we are incapable of doing at present!

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024