Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to 19:43 - Mar 22 with 2626 viewsLord_Lucan

prevent blood clots. It's awful, anyone else had to do this?

I'm like a pin cushion.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:47 - Mar 22 with 1796 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not to myself but I had to administer daily injections to my mother which was pretty horrible tbh.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to (n/t) on 19:47 - Mar 22 with 1788 viewsvapour_trail

[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 19:50]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:48 - Mar 22 with 1787 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:47 - Mar 22 by GlasgowBlue

Not to myself but I had to administer daily injections to my mother which was pretty horrible tbh.

Ooh that's even worse.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:48 - Mar 22 with 1790 viewsvapour_trail

Jesus LL, I thought you'd had a pretty innocuous fall, this sounds savage.

Can you:
A work?
B get out an about?
C learn something ?
D get royally fecked?

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:50 - Mar 22 with 1762 viewsHorst3000

Yes I had to do exactly the same thing for three weeks after getting my leg mangled up by a core drill.
Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:51 - Mar 22 with 1751 viewsvapour_trail

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:47 - Mar 22 by GlasgowBlue

Fair play to you, that sounds about as far from fun as you can manage.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:54 - Mar 22 with 1738 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:48 - Mar 22 by vapour_trail

Jesus LL, I thought you'd had a pretty innocuous fall, this sounds savage.

Can you:
A work?
B get out an about?
C learn something ?
D get royally fecked?

I can work but I can't easily commute so I am living in Nodge most of the week at the moment. I can drink what I want but am cutting down and I can't risk walking on crutches when pissed in case I do more damage. I have a wheelchair but it's a pain unless someone is pushing you.

I had to have a new cast put on Monday and the nurse gave me a bit of a b0llocking. She looked at the old cast and said "You've been hobbling about on this haven't you", I admitted it and asked what the problem was. She said that I had been advised to put no pressure on it and if I do then the screws holding the plate might snap and if they do then they can't do anything about it.

On a positive note she asked what colour cast I would like and I advised "Ipswich Blue", this was in The Norfolk and Norwich hospital.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:55 - Mar 22 with 1754 viewsJoeSoap

I've been doing this since September, deltaparin is no friend of mine, my torso is one giant bruise. Think yourself lucky it's only for five more weeks, mine will probably be for the rest of my life.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Login to get fewer ads

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:56 - Mar 22 with 1727 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:55 - Mar 22 by JoeSoap

I've been doing this since September, deltaparin is no friend of mine, my torso is one giant bruise. Think yourself lucky it's only for five more weeks, mine will probably be for the rest of my life.

That is awful. Best of British to you.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:57 - Mar 22 with 1704 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:55 - Mar 22 by JoeSoap

Hope you are doing ok Joe.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:58 - Mar 22 with 1694 viewsvapour_trail

Fck me. All the best Joe.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:12 - Mar 22 with 1656 viewsJoeSoap

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 19:56 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

That is awful. Best of British to you.

Sorry about that Lucan, sounded a bit rude and dismissive when I read my post back, it's just a very sore subject if you'll excuse the pun.
If they offer you warfarin as an alternative, don't take it, evil stuff.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 1603 viewsSteve_M

Yes, that can't be fun.

How're you other than that Joe?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:19 - Mar 22 with 1587 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:12 - Mar 22 by JoeSoap

Sorry about that Lucan, sounded a bit rude and dismissive when I read my post back, it's just a very sore subject if you'll excuse the pun.

Your post didn't come across rude at all.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:25 - Mar 22 with 1565 viewsfactual_blue

Are we talking proper syringes here, or the sort of thing I use for insulin? Tiny little things for injecting just under the skin. They're bad enough and twice a day. Anything larger must be a nightmare.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:27 - Mar 22 with 1562 viewsJoeSoap

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:17 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

Yes, that can't be fun.

How're you other than that Joe?

I'm ok thanks Steve, last chemo and bio therapy next week followed by a scan, hopefully it will show I've stabilized and I'll have a holiday from the treatment.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:28 - Mar 22 with 1536 viewsfactual_blue

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:27 - Mar 22 by JoeSoap

I'm ok thanks Steve, last chemo and bio therapy next week followed by a scan, hopefully it will show I've stabilized and I'll have a holiday from the treatment.

Good luck.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:29 - Mar 22 with 1535 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:25 - Mar 22 by factual_blue

Are we talking proper syringes here, or the sort of thing I use for insulin? Tiny little things for injecting just under the skin. They're bad enough and twice a day. Anything larger must be a nightmare.

Proper syringes.

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:30 - Mar 22 with 1504 viewsNewcyBlue

All the best Joe, I hope everything goes well.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:32 - Mar 22 with 1498 viewsbluelagos

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:12 - Mar 22 by JoeSoap

Came across as you trying to make a joke of a horrible situation, so don't be worrying.

Hope your treatment goes as well as it can.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:37 - Mar 22 with 1476 viewsfactual_blue

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:29 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Proper syringes.

I'm ok with the 6mm needles I have, anything bigger....

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 22:37 - Mar 22 with 1317 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:37 - Mar 22 by factual_blue

I'm ok with the 6mm needles I have, anything bigger....

I just got bored and measured one. Not as big as I thought.

About 15mm in Euros

[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 22:37]

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 23:02 - Mar 22 with 1255 viewsHerbivore

Yes, but mainly because I bloody love smack.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 23:03 - Mar 22 with 1256 viewsPhilTWTD

Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 20:27 - Mar 22 by JoeSoap

Very much hope that's the case, good luck.
Whilst my leg is in plaster (another 5 weeks) I have to inject myself daily to on 23:11 - Mar 22 with 1225 viewsjeera

Best wishes for next week, and of course scan results.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024