Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today 02:19 - Mar 24 with 5124 viewsmonytowbray

Considering it's very relevant to my work and there are so many facts that have been overlooked, such as how search engines work.

Political yes, but from what I'd bravely consider to be an expert perspective...

http://callismakesfilms.co.uk/blog/seo-marketing/google-terrorism-facts-daily-ma

Happy to debate this or go into detail if anyone has any questions.

TWTD never forgets窶ヲ
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 02:27 - Mar 24 with 2834 viewsIllinoisblue

it's not a laughing matter but I LOL'd at the Mail's sensational claim of being able to find out "in just two minutes how to use a car for mass murder" Hmm, is the answer use it to drive in to lots of pedestrians?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 02:31 - Mar 24 with 2821 viewsmonytowbray

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 02:27 - Mar 24 by Illinoisblue

it's not a laughing matter but I LOL'd at the Mail's sensational claim of being able to find out "in just two minutes how to use a car for mass murder" Hmm, is the answer use it to drive in to lots of pedestrians?

How to convert your Vauxhall Astra into a death machine.

TWTD never forgets窶ヲ
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 02:58 - Mar 24 with 2792 viewsNewcyBlue

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 02:31 - Mar 24 by monytowbray

How to convert your Vauxhall Astra into a death machine.

I think General Motors already do that for you by making it....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 06:06 - Mar 24 with 2728 viewsMJallday

Is that stat really right?

"15-20% of which have never been searched for before."

Just seems quite high. Almost astonishing. Youd have thought by now most search phrases would have been done?

Edit. Good article btw. As a trchnology leader i found the 60 second infographic interesting. I might steal that.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 6:09]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:06 - Mar 24 with 2622 viewsKeaneish

I find it astonishing that tabloid newspapers still sell and more to the point, that they still to this day, go unregulated. The Independent Press Conplaints Commission is powerless and utterly useless. Tabloids have consistently been proven to lie and fabricate in order to sell yet they remain at large and relatively unpunished.

It's 2017, it's time these archaic institutions were put to bed. There needs to be a concerted effort to stop buying them and put them out of business. Merseyside refused to buy The Sun in the wake of the Hillsborough lies so it can and should be done.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:12 - Mar 24 with 2599 viewsGlasgowBlue

I enjoyed that Callis. Well written and informative.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:36 - Mar 24 with 2542 viewsBlueBadger

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:12 - Mar 24 by GlasgowBlue

I enjoyed that Callis. Well written and informative.

Yep. Good stuff. As an aside, I'd argue that the Heil, with it's hateful outpourings against anyone who isn't People Like Us is probably a better recruiting sergeant for IS than Google is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:44 - Mar 24 with 2519 viewsoldbluestu

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:06 - Mar 24 by Keaneish

I find it astonishing that tabloid newspapers still sell and more to the point, that they still to this day, go unregulated. The Independent Press Conplaints Commission is powerless and utterly useless. Tabloids have consistently been proven to lie and fabricate in order to sell yet they remain at large and relatively unpunished.

It's 2017, it's time these archaic institutions were put to bed. There needs to be a concerted effort to stop buying them and put them out of business. Merseyside refused to buy The Sun in the wake of the Hillsborough lies so it can and should be done.

And the internet is full of truths?

If you want to ban papers then also ban the internet, it's just a modern equivalent of papers.
Login to get fewer ads

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:50 - Mar 24 with 2494 viewsGlasgowBlue

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:06 - Mar 24 by Keaneish

Putting to bed the free press is exactly the sort of thing Trump would love to do.

Banning newspapers because they have a different point of view to you is censorship plain and simple.

Chose not to read it. Challenge it when you disagree with it. But don't ban it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:52 - Mar 24 with 2490 viewsMJallday

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:44 - Mar 24 by oldbluestu

If you want to ban papers then also ban the internet, it's just a modern equivalent of papers.

i think theres a slightly different argument there

firstly, the printed word is a fixed point in time. in this day and age, through technology means, news travels almost as fast as it happens. also the amount of available sources of news (whether spurious or not) is huge, compared to say 30 years ago.

whereas 30 years ago, your only source of news was nicholas witchall at 6pm, trevor macdonald at 10, the broadsheets, or the tabloids - now you have thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of globally based news sources. its a 24x7 business now.

so the agument about newspapers is actually a different one. and i think its this : -

is the written word (which is potentially 8 hours old MINIMUM but likely to be 24 hours plus) - relevant in this day an age? - where a news feed can be broadcasting on an incident within 10-15 minutes of it happening (wednesday) - and at the same time can be CHANGED dynamically (ie as the siutation develops) - rather than a fixed state (ie print)

its for that reason i think newspapers have had their day, not for any other. (well that, and they make stuff up - which in fairness so can any media outlet)
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 7:54]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:56 - Mar 24 with 2471 viewsTractorWood

Totally agree. It's one awful cycle of regression.

Newspapers fabricate and play on people's fear, people are hypothetically intrigued and often offended by said fabricated stories, society regresses due to unfounded and absurd prejudice. Repeat indefinitely.

I think you could hibernate for 20 years and the same gutter papers will be writing the same things.
- England fans a disgrace
- House prices set to tumble
- X is in crisis despite it clearly not being a crisis
- X in drug shame
- X is a love rat

Despite how poor these papers are, despite how print media is obsolete, these papers still have circulations in the millions. As you say, just don't buy it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 08:19 - Mar 24 with 2435 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Follow your dreams Callis, one day you will be a ghostbuster ! My daughter has just gone to school as batman !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 08:39 - Mar 24 with 2402 viewsGeoffSentence

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 02:58 - Mar 24 by NewcyBlue

I think General Motors already do that for you by making it....

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I have an Astra and I like it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 08:39 - Mar 24 with 2398 viewsbluewein

Yeah, good read.

I'm still expecting someone to call you a terrorist sympathiser though...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 08:43 - Mar 24 with 2379 viewsNewcyBlue

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 08:39 - Mar 24 by GeoffSentence

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I have an Astra and I like it.

My deepest sympathies... :-)

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 08:48 - Mar 24 with 2360 viewsGeoffSentence

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 08:43 - Mar 24 by NewcyBlue

My deepest sympathies... :-)

Sympathies! Pah! May the dolphins desert your ship.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 08:53 - Mar 24 with 2339 viewsSwansea_Blue

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 02:27 - Mar 24 by Illinoisblue

Be fair; it's the D*ily M*il we're talking about so you can understand why it took them a bit longer to see the obvious.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:00 - Mar 24 with 2321 viewsfactual_blue

You have the daily mail on your twitsy feed. I'm very disappointed.

Interesting stuff though, which is sort of obvious if you think about it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:01 - Mar 24 with 2316 viewstractorshark

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:56 - Mar 24 by TractorWood

Totally agree. It's one awful cycle of regression.

Newspapers fabricate and play on people's fear, people are hypothetically intrigued and often offended by said fabricated stories, society regresses due to unfounded and absurd prejudice. Repeat indefinitely.

I think you could hibernate for 20 years and the same gutter papers will be writing the same things.
- England fans a disgrace
- House prices set to tumble
- X is in crisis despite it clearly not being a crisis
- X in drug shame
- X is a love rat

Despite how poor these papers are, despite how print media is obsolete, these papers still have circulations in the millions. As you say, just don't buy it.

I would say social media is the new medium for spreading fabrication, fear and hate.
The aftermath of Wednesday is a classic example of that.
Facebook, Twitter etc were full of it. That's the public's reaction, not newspapers. They hadn't been printed by then.
People may not agree with certain newspapers but no one has the right to tell me what I should or shouldn't read as long as it's not illegal.
Free choice and free speech should be welcomed not discouraged.
I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:05 - Mar 24 with 2308 viewsBorisOrTrevor

You are normally an intelligent poster, but this is nonsense.

BOT

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:06 - Mar 24 with 2303 viewsBorisOrTrevor

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:44 - Mar 24 by oldbluestu

I agree with you almost Stu, wow.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 9:07]

BOT

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:23 - Mar 24 with 2238 viewstractorshark

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:05 - Mar 24 by BorisOrTrevor

You are normally an intelligent poster, but this is nonsense.

And, more worryingly, scary that people would want this.
I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:26 - Mar 24 with 2230 viewsKeaneish

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 07:50 - Mar 24 by GlasgowBlue

Putting to bed the free press is exactly the sort of thing Trump would love to do.

Banning newspapers because they have a different point of view to you is censorship plain and simple.

Chose not to read it. Challenge it when you disagree with it. But don't ban it.

Not when it's an establishment which prints lies for its own commercial gain. Tabloids should be regulated stringently and if found to be negligent, banned. There are plenty of credible free press alternatives without sound bite propaganda based on falsehoods stirring up emotions.

There should be a degree of media censorhip and accountability. It's absurd

I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:27 - Mar 24 with 2226 viewsNo9

I don't think the Press & complaints commission has ever been as independent as it should have been
& has not perfformed its public duty
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Complaints_Commission

The posiiton os the DM has always been to publish what its buyers want rather than fact which is why it has such a large circulation.

You can spot a DM reader a mile off
I went on a late night blog rant about The D*ily M*il headline today on 09:27 - Mar 24 with 2225 viewsKeaneish

It's really nothing like newspaper journalism.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024