Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know about jeans styles for women? 13:38 - Mar 28 with 5233 viewsgiant_stow

Mrs ullas needs some and its her birthday, so I'm getting her some, the lucky little thing.

She's no longer keen on the figure hugging styles, so what's the name of the looser ones?

Do I want straight, loose or bootcut?

And if there any women reading this, what's the best high street shop for jeans for shorties?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 13:38]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:40 - Mar 28 with 1652 viewsusm

Dolly's yer "man" for that sort of thing - PM him.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:44 - Mar 28 with 1634 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:40 - Mar 28 by usm

Dolly's yer "man" for that sort of thing - PM him.

I daren't!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:44 - Mar 28 with 1636 viewsSteve_M

Don't you have a sister you could ask or something? Oh...

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:53 - Mar 28 with 1611 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:44 - Mar 28 by Steve_M

Don't you have a sister you could ask or something? Oh...

Do you know anything about women's jean steven?

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:53 - Mar 28 with 1611 viewsRyorry

There's no substitute for trying on, so if you do buy, make sure they can be easily returned.

I prefer loose-fitting cargo pants to jeans these days - more comfortable - does she definitely want denim?

Just go into M&S (or whereever) and have a wander round to understand the different styles (and lengths). Or look at online companies like Cotton Traders, who usually have some good stuff & have been going a long time. http://www.cottontraders.com/uk/women/trousers+shorts/icat/womens-trousers-short

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:55 - Mar 28 with 1601 viewshoppy

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:53 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

Surely the best way is to take her out to try various styles on, to see what she likes, what feels comfortable and which suit her best to get the right ones for her?

Or are you not really allowed to be seen out together?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:58 - Mar 28 with 1586 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:53 - Mar 28 by Ryorry

There's no substitute for trying on, so if you do buy, make sure they can be easily returned.

I prefer loose-fitting cargo pants to jeans these days - more comfortable - does she definitely want denim?

Just go into M&S (or whereever) and have a wander round to understand the different styles (and lengths). Or look at online companies like Cotton Traders, who usually have some good stuff & have been going a long time. http://www.cottontraders.com/uk/women/trousers+shorts/icat/womens-trousers-short

Thanks mrs - much appreciated. I'll have a look at MandS and Cotten traders.

I can't really ask her to go shopping with me as she'll deny she needs them and then say we're too skint to buy anything but the usual street market plop. I have to buy them for her so its a done deal.

top tip on returns - I'll go to physical shop in the nearby mall.

Now, do I buy size 10 or 12?! gawd....
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 14:00]

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:59 - Mar 28 with 1582 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:55 - Mar 28 by hoppy

Surely the best way is to take her out to try various styles on, to see what she likes, what feels comfortable and which suit her best to get the right ones for her?

Or are you not really allowed to be seen out together?

This has to be done without her, as per my reply to Rrory.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:02 - Mar 28 with 1565 viewsBasuco

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:58 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

I can't really ask her to go shopping with me as she'll deny she needs them and then say we're too skint to buy anything but the usual street market plop. I have to buy them for her so its a done deal.

if M&S go for 10, or you could risk "so you think I am putting on weight" comment on opening them.
Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:05 - Mar 28 with 1549 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:02 - Mar 28 by Basuco

if M&S go for 10, or you could risk "so you think I am putting on weight" comment on opening them.

thats what i'm worried about! are m&s a little more 'generous' on the sizes?

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:05 - Mar 28 with 1548 viewsNo9

You sir, ar etreading on eggshells

Got o a nice womens shop and get a voucher to cover the purchase of what she may like + a little extra - then for safety-
get a nice bunch of flowers
Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:05 - Mar 28 with 1546 viewsRyorry

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:58 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

I'm 5'7" and slim, vary between a 12 & 14 if that's any help! Waistbands at least part-elasticated are a boon ...

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:06 - Mar 28 with 1549 viewsSteve_M

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 13:53 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

Not a lot, only from doing the washing when I lived with my ex. Not to discourage you, but she always used to moan that she struggled to find jeans that fitted her well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 1535 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:06 - Mar 28 by Steve_M

Not a lot, only from doing the washing when I lived with my ex. Not to discourage you, but she always used to moan that she struggled to find jeans that fitted her well.

yeah its risky!

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 1530 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:05 - Mar 28 by No9

You sir, ar etreading on eggshells

Got o a nice womens shop and get a voucher to cover the purchase of what she may like + a little extra - then for safety-
get a nice bunch of flowers

That's the fallback position!

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 1525 viewsLord_Lucan

Red herring Debenhams boot cut.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:08 - Mar 28 with 1519 viewsgiant_stow

thanks everyone

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:11 - Mar 28 with 1508 viewshoppy

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:07 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

yeah its risky!

I wouldn't go and buy KJ any jeans without her trying them first. Jeans are far too personal and need to be right, probably more so than any dress/top/skirt etc.
Unless you know exactly what would be spot on (which to be fair, it doesn't sound as though you do) I wouldn't take the risk.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:12 - Mar 28 with 1502 viewsusm

A word of advice, my budgie friend

Never, ever, buy clothes for a woman.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:37 - Mar 28 with 1451 viewstaximan

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:07 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

That's the fallback position!

i got myself a pair of 501s a couple of weeks, bloody horrible things, you are more than welcome to these as a present for your good lady !!!!
Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:43 - Mar 28 with 1429 viewssoupytwist

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:05 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

thats what i'm worried about! are m&s a little more 'generous' on the sizes?

I find that Gap are 'flattering' with sizes (at least in men's trousers) so you can safely buy on the smaller end of the expected size range. But make sure you use the UK sizes cos they will show US sizes too.
Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:45 - Mar 28 with 1415 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:37 - Mar 28 by taximan

i got myself a pair of 501s a couple of weeks, bloody horrible things, you are more than welcome to these as a present for your good lady !!!!

Levis are sh1te.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:51 - Mar 28 with 1406 viewsvapour_trail

No offence to Ryorry but don't go to m&s or cotton traders or Mrs ulla will leave you.

Get yourself down diesel and they'll sort you out. If in doubt buy a size too small and she can change them. Better than going the other way.

Finally, please wish your mum a happy birthday from all of us.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 15:16 - Mar 28 with 1347 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:51 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

No offence to Ryorry but don't go to m&s or cotton traders or Mrs ulla will leave you.

Get yourself down diesel and they'll sort you out. If in doubt buy a size too small and she can change them. Better than going the other way.

I swear by Boss.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 15:28 - Mar 28 with 1323 viewsRyorry

Anyone know about jeans styles for women? on 14:51 - Mar 28 by vapour_trail

I didn't say go to M&S to buy, I said go there to sus out styles & length! Same with Cotton Traders, tho I'd be more likely to buy from them - best pair of trousers I ever bought was from there - lined cotton cargo pants for about £20, with numerous pockets, elasticated waist & zip out legs to shorts - still wear them regularly 10 years later.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024