Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? 15:37 - Mar 28 with 960 viewsTheBlueBarca

Seems ridiculous, doesn’t it? But then I think back to what Milne said about a “stagnating” product and how the club won’t be changing its decisions on price rises.

Now we have heard about this 5-point plan which to me was clearly about reducing expenditure and make the club profitable with the owner now saying he’s not going to put more than the £7 or so million which means our transfer targets are limited to that 2million figure quoted a few months back.

League One could be a perfect excuse for the current Evans/Milne Administration to begin even more aggressive cuts to player wages and playing staff.

Let’s say we are relegated and Mick McCarthy is let go. Mick was on decent money so that’s a saving made, and his replacement can be brought in for less money. Chambers and Berra are off, all the loanees depart and the likes of Coke and a few of the other expensive short term contracts so on also depart. They could look to sell the likes of a Webster, Sears, Bishop and Dozell to help cover the losses but retain the usual suspects.

Now we will still get 10k Season Tickets, plus the odd 2-3k extra on the day depending on the opposition. The Evans/Milne Administration, not being the best footballing minds or leaders are maybe over confident about chances in League One, hence the comment of a “stagnating” product and maybe they are making the assumption that we are in fact going to win League One with relative ease, drawing fans back into the ground paying new high prices including buying the new shirts, maybe get a day out at Wembley with the FA Trophy and boom costs cut, money made.

They’d be right to be positive with say the likes of Sears and Didz still with us, who tore up League One before we signed them, we may stand a fair chance of walking the league and generating excitement again while saving money.

It’s true that a strong season of winning a trophy or two in the lower tiers could do a lot to revitalise the club. It may be why they seem so relaxed about everything.

But this is Ipswich and well know that’s not how it ever works out for us! I would ask our owner to look no further than Coventry to see what happens when a club already falling apart drops a division.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 15:38]

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 15:41 - Mar 28 with 936 viewsSteve_M

We would get about £1 million less in tv money and even fewer fans but, yes, apart from that...

Evans can cut costs now without needing us to be relegated first, that might be the logical result of excessive cost cutting but that more likely means he doesn't care rather than wants us to be relegated.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 15:54 - Mar 28 with 888 viewsTheBlueBarca

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 15:41 - Mar 28 by Steve_M

We would get about £1 million less in tv money and even fewer fans but, yes, apart from that...

Evans can cut costs now without needing us to be relegated first, that might be the logical result of excessive cost cutting but that more likely means he doesn't care rather than wants us to be relegated.

It's hard to see where they are going with any of this either way.

If we stay up, Mick will likely leave and as you say costs cut with the gate remaining at 10k. I don't suspect we will sign anyong significant and I am not expecting a Keane/Jewell/Mick style appointment as a known character in the game this time but someone less known myself.

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 15:55 - Mar 28 with 890 viewsGuthrum

So we cut costs in League One, manage to achieve promotion, then what? Back to exactly where we are now, but with fewer fans and even cheaper players.

Under the circumstances, even a decent season in L1 will do little to revitalise support. Who extra would come along (at Champ-level prices) to see a team of £10k players against Walsall, that isn't prepared to turn up now for a fixture against Derby or Cardiff?

If cutting expenditure is all they want to achieve, they may as well fold the club, then it will cost nothing. Nobody (especially not someone who has owned a football club for 10 years) can think it is possible to cut costs that far and maintain a high level.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 15:56 - Mar 28 with 881 viewsNo9

If I were the Owner I would be chellenging MM on the observations many make about a bunch of talent in the academy as yet untried.
I would be asking Mr Klug if there were any real prospects or, was the money chucked in the direction of the academy a waste?

As the Owner I have seen this season that missing established 'stars' may be the solution as February was a part success without them fully available. It looks like a more mobile team could do well, given an opportunity.

As part of the 5 point plan for a future team I would be looking at moving on almost all of the staff over 30 irrespective of reputation. I would prossibly keep the skipper for moral purposes and hang on to Bart for grim death.

The new team would be keen youngsters who want to succeed.
My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 16:02 - Mar 28 with 849 viewschristiand

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 15:56 - Mar 28 by No9

If I were the Owner I would be chellenging MM on the observations many make about a bunch of talent in the academy as yet untried.
I would be asking Mr Klug if there were any real prospects or, was the money chucked in the direction of the academy a waste?

As the Owner I have seen this season that missing established 'stars' may be the solution as February was a part success without them fully available. It looks like a more mobile team could do well, given an opportunity.

As part of the 5 point plan for a future team I would be looking at moving on almost all of the staff over 30 irrespective of reputation. I would prossibly keep the skipper for moral purposes and hang on to Bart for grim death.

The new team would be keen youngsters who want to succeed.

There needs to be the right blend of experience and youth. We can't just overload the first team with academy products. The physical demands of the championship will wear down the younger players. I would like to see more youngsters given a chance, if good enough. There's still a lot of them that are unproven.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 16:07 - Mar 28 with 817 viewsNo9

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 16:02 - Mar 28 by christiand

There needs to be the right blend of experience and youth. We can't just overload the first team with academy products. The physical demands of the championship will wear down the younger players. I would like to see more youngsters given a chance, if good enough. There's still a lot of them that are unproven.

I agree but there does not need to be wholesale changes to the kids just balance the team with a mix of competency & will to win.

What ever happens the team need to take control of midfield to support attacks & take pressue of defenders, presently that isn't happening due to immobility.

He already has the players as we saw in Feb. The start was made he just won't continue to progress that team
My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 16:11 - Mar 28 with 799 viewsTheBlueBarca

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 15:55 - Mar 28 by Guthrum

So we cut costs in League One, manage to achieve promotion, then what? Back to exactly where we are now, but with fewer fans and even cheaper players.

Under the circumstances, even a decent season in L1 will do little to revitalise support. Who extra would come along (at Champ-level prices) to see a team of £10k players against Walsall, that isn't prepared to turn up now for a fixture against Derby or Cardiff?

If cutting expenditure is all they want to achieve, they may as well fold the club, then it will cost nothing. Nobody (especially not someone who has owned a football club for 10 years) can think it is possible to cut costs that far and maintain a high level.

I think that's what they do want to achieve if you read what they have said and they've taken to it with all the fanaticism of a Tory cabinet minister.

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 16:26 - Mar 28 with 756 viewsGuthrum

My insane thought of the day... do Evans/Milne see relegation as a positive? on 16:11 - Mar 28 by TheBlueBarca

I think that's what they do want to achieve if you read what they have said and they've taken to it with all the fanaticism of a Tory cabinet minister.

The further we are from the Prem, the further the club is from profitability and Evans is from getting his money back.

Imagine the club manages to achieve an extra £6.5m of net savings/sales anually. By the year 2177, we could have cleared the debt. Get into the Premier League and it could be done in three seasons.

I haven't seen anything they've said which speaks about wishing to trade competitiveness for further savings. Or about giving up on promotion, let alone resignation to going down.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024