Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. 20:35 - Mar 29 with 972 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure I understand why the statement is attributed to Turnstileblues though.

The trust is supposed to be independent.

Statement on the recent ITFC season ticket announcement
ITFCTURNSTILEBLUES ♦ MARCH 29, 2017
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 20:58]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:37 - Mar 29 with 955 viewssparks

Is that right? Havent turnstile blues put out some stuff in the past which is pretty questionable? They certainly dont represent me...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:42 - Mar 29 with 925 viewsPinewoodblue

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:37 - Mar 29 by sparks

Is that right? Havent turnstile blues put out some stuff in the past which is pretty questionable? They certainly dont represent me...

ITFCJoe posted earlier. Instead of reading the cut and paste click on the link, author is shown as Turnstileblues. Seems the Trust and the Club have a lot in common.

2023 year of destiny

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:48 - Mar 29 with 899 viewsElderGrizzly

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:42 - Mar 29 by Pinewoodblue

ITFCJoe posted earlier. Instead of reading the cut and paste click on the link, author is shown as Turnstileblues. Seems the Trust and the Club have a lot in common.

Turnstileblues is one of the most negative bodies out there about the current ITFC. Certain,y not a mouthpiece of the club if that is what you are saying?

Some of their articles are good, but some authors are just after petty point scoring because the club won't speak to them and those authors are unprepared to discuss any other viewpoint.

They posted "50 questions" they wanted answers to a few months ago, but ignored that most had been answered, just not with the answer they wanted.

They should stick to the nostalgia/humorous articles they do very well and steer away from the 'doorstep activism' they pass off as on behalf of all fans.
Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:52 - Mar 29 with 884 viewsGogs

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:42 - Mar 29 by Pinewoodblue

On a kind of related post, I spoke to Liz Edwards of official ITSC last night, she's happy to forward any concerns re season ticket prices, general decline of ITFC etc etc to the club directly. She says they do at least take notice of her, but equally can't promise anything will change. She realises there's a lot of anger, exasperation etc. about and says the more people who let the club know their feelings the better. She stipulated please keep emails clean, and as structured as possible. She can be contacted at officialitsc@btinternet.com
Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:54 - Mar 29 with 855 viewssparks

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:48 - Mar 29 by ElderGrizzly

Turnstileblues is one of the most negative bodies out there about the current ITFC. Certain,y not a mouthpiece of the club if that is what you are saying?

Some of their articles are good, but some authors are just after petty point scoring because the club won't speak to them and those authors are unprepared to discuss any other viewpoint.

They posted "50 questions" they wanted answers to a few months ago, but ignored that most had been answered, just not with the answer they wanted.

They should stick to the nostalgia/humorous articles they do very well and steer away from the 'doorstep activism' they pass off as on behalf of all fans.

Thats my point- which makes me wonder whether being associated with the Trust, damages the Trust's credibility.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:56 - Mar 29 with 834 viewsitfcjoe

I imagine that is just a Wordpress username. Susan Gardiner who runs the Turnstiles Blues website and is a member of the Trust board posted the statement on the Trust website (which is Wordpress like the TB one I presume).

I can confirm that the statement is from the Trust and not Turnstile Blues who have posted a couple of pieces about the season ticket prices previously
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 20:56]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:56 - Mar 29 with 829 viewsPinewoodblue

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:48 - Mar 29 by ElderGrizzly

He is apparently a mouthpiece for the Supporters Trust. It isn't just the club than can score own goals.

Suspect they will edit his details out.

Statement on the recent ITFC season ticket announcement
ITFCTURNSTILEBLUES ♦ MARCH 29, 2017
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 20:57]

2023 year of destiny

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:58 - Mar 29 with 803 viewsitfcjoe

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:54 - Mar 29 by sparks

Thats my point- which makes me wonder whether being associated with the Trust, damages the Trust's credibility.

There is a crossover in members of the board of the Trust and Turnstile Blues - but there are plenty of people on Trust board who aren't associated with Turnstile Blues and vice versa.

Login to get fewer ads

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:59 - Mar 29 with 782 viewsPinewoodblue

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:58 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

There is a crossover in members of the board of the Trust and Turnstile Blues - but there are plenty of people on Trust board who aren't associated with Turnstile Blues and vice versa.

Joe authorship of the statement is attributed to ITFCturnstileblues.

2023 year of destiny

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 21:00 - Mar 29 with 777 viewsitfcjoe

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:59 - Mar 29 by Pinewoodblue

Joe authorship of the statement is attributed to ITFCturnstileblues.

That is who posted it on the website, I can guarantee that it is not from Turnstile Blues as posted above.

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 21:01 - Mar 29 with 772 viewsPJH

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 20:56 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

I imagine that is just a Wordpress username. Susan Gardiner who runs the Turnstiles Blues website and is a member of the Trust board posted the statement on the Trust website (which is Wordpress like the TB one I presume).

I can confirm that the statement is from the Trust and not Turnstile Blues who have posted a couple of pieces about the season ticket prices previously
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 20:56]

Not relevant to this thread but is that the same Susan Gardiner that wrote Ipswich Town-A History?
Good book whether it is the same Susan Gardiner or not.
Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 21:02 - Mar 29 with 752 viewsitfcjoe

Good to see the Supporters trust have woken up and released a statement. on 21:01 - Mar 29 by PJH

Not relevant to this thread but is that the same Susan Gardiner that wrote Ipswich Town-A History?
Good book whether it is the same Susan Gardiner or not.

It is, and it is a good book

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024