Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis 10:10 - Mar 30 with 2168 viewsGlasgowBlue

All Ed Miliband's fault.

https://medium.com/@craig_walmsley/this-is-all-ed-milibands-fault-f221341eb108

This article blames all that gone wrong on the day Ed stabbed his brother in the back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:13 - Mar 30 with 1618 viewsArcher4721

Sorry but Brexit is all down to one man.... Cameron.

Where is he hiding these days?
Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:16 - Mar 30 with 1598 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst it plainly isn't Eds fault I think things would certainly be different had he not entered the race.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:21 - Mar 30 with 1575 viewsWeWereZombies

Where do you find these things? Not really qualified to comment on this because I skim read the first 10% but I did fully commit my attention to closing the other 90%. However, following the logic of the article one could say Gordon Brown is to blame for not calling an election when his poll ratings were much higher. Or maybe it is Brown's mum and dad, or his teachers...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:23 - Mar 30 with 1562 viewssolemio

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:13 - Mar 30 by Archer4721

Sorry but Brexit is all down to one man.... Cameron.

Where is he hiding these days?

Sorry, it's all down to Harold Wilson. He started this governing by referendum nonsense.
Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:25 - Mar 30 with 1552 viewsNo9

Ridiculous = Clegg gave Cameron oxygen
Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:30 - Mar 30 with 1537 viewsWeWereZombies

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:23 - Mar 30 by solemio

Sorry, it's all down to Harold Wilson. He started this governing by referendum nonsense.

Ahem, King Servius Tullius?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plebeian_Council

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:33 - Mar 30 with 1528 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:21 - Mar 30 by WeWereZombies

Where do you find these things? Not really qualified to comment on this because I skim read the first 10% but I did fully commit my attention to closing the other 90%. However, following the logic of the article one could say Gordon Brown is to blame for not calling an election when his poll ratings were much higher. Or maybe it is Brown's mum and dad, or his teachers...

Of course you could. The article is a demonstration of black humour saying that in today's world people always need a scapegoat. Well here is one called Ed.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:38 - Mar 30 with 1508 viewsNo9

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:33 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

Of course you could. The article is a demonstration of black humour saying that in today's world people always need a scapegoat. Well here is one called Ed.

But it flies in the face of reality doesn't it?
Had Milliband D become labour leader the Right Wing press would have made a massive (& dishonest) attack on him. The British people being very gullible when it comes to what the RW press publishes may well have turned on Milliband D as they did on Milliband E.

It is worth noting that none of the RW media have commented on the fact a lot of Mrs May's utterings have been taken from Milliband E's policies.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:45 - Mar 30 with 1489 viewsGuthrum

Assume the article is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Quite apart from the flawed chain of causality put forward, the article provides no evidence that David Miliband would have been more comptent than (or even have acted significantly different from) his brother as leader of the Labour Party.

Fails to take into account any of the social, cultural and economic environmental factors prevailing (e.g. the public's war-weariness and caution after the Afghan, Iraqi and Libyan situations, or the effects of industrial decline in the American Midwest).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:50 - Mar 30 with 1475 viewsNo9

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:45 - Mar 30 by Guthrum

Quite apart from the flawed chain of causality put forward, the article provides no evidence that David Miliband would have been more comptent than (or even have acted significantly different from) his brother as leader of the Labour Party.

Fails to take into account any of the social, cultural and economic environmental factors prevailing (e.g. the public's war-weariness and caution after the Afghan, Iraqi and Libyan situations, or the effects of industrial decline in the American Midwest).

Given the originators stock in trade I would suggest the way in which this has been delivered to the world is an exercise in the originators base business which appears to follow the Goebels principles.
But that is the nature of the experiment
Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:55 - Mar 30 with 1456 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In the absence of fishing trolls this will have to do....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:00 - Mar 30 with 1377 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:45 - Mar 30 by Guthrum

I think David Miliband would have appealed more to middle England which could have made the difference ion the swing seats. I'm not saying that he would have won a majority for Labour but he may have had the numbers to go into coalition with the Lib Dems or forced the Tories back into coalition again which would have meant no EU Referendum.

Based on his time as Foreign Secretary he would have almost certainly supported Cameron with regards to Syria which could have ended the conflict in that country before IS had a chance to fill a vacuum.

He certainly wouldn't have ballsed up the Labour Leadership rules that allowed people to pay three quid to vote for Corbyn.

So there are three events which could have played out far differently.

The article is tongue in cheek and I'm not convinced that anything could have stopped Trump.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:09 - Mar 30 with 1358 viewsWeWereZombies

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:00 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I think David Miliband would have appealed more to middle England which could have made the difference ion the swing seats. I'm not saying that he would have won a majority for Labour but he may have had the numbers to go into coalition with the Lib Dems or forced the Tories back into coalition again which would have meant no EU Referendum.

Based on his time as Foreign Secretary he would have almost certainly supported Cameron with regards to Syria which could have ended the conflict in that country before IS had a chance to fill a vacuum.

He certainly wouldn't have ballsed up the Labour Leadership rules that allowed people to pay three quid to vote for Corbyn.

So there are three events which could have played out far differently.

The article is tongue in cheek and I'm not convinced that anything could have stopped Trump.

Read an interview with David Milliband in 'Accounting and Business' recently:

http://www.accaglobal.com/my/en/member/member/accounting-business/2016/06/interv

One of those instances where you wish someone could be in two places at once - best candidate for Labour leader but the job he is doing now is ore important than anything in British politics.

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:13 - Mar 30 with 1346 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:09 - Mar 30 by WeWereZombies

Read an interview with David Milliband in 'Accounting and Business' recently:

http://www.accaglobal.com/my/en/member/member/accounting-business/2016/06/interv

One of those instances where you wish someone could be in two places at once - best candidate for Labour leader but the job he is doing now is ore important than anything in British politics.

You are right. He has done a very good job in the States but he must have feeling of unfinished business with the Labour Party.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:37 - Mar 30 with 1327 viewsArcher4721

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:55 - Mar 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

In the absence of fishing trolls this will have to do....

And of course when it comes to stabbing people in the back why not start with Gove and Johnson the biggest backstabbers in history.
Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:39 - Mar 30 with 1323 viewsArcher4721

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:13 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

You are right. He has done a very good job in the States but he must have feeling of unfinished business with the Labour Party.

Arf.
Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:39 - Mar 30 with 1325 viewsBOjK

Corbyn, yes. Changing the voting system for the Labour leader has clearly been a catastrophe.

Both Brexit and Syria you can lay squarely at the feet of Cameron I'm afraid.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:41 - Mar 30 with 1315 viewsBOjK

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:13 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

He lost the leadership election because his campaign was terrible. I was really disappointed in him.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:52 - Mar 30 with 1302 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:41 - Mar 30 by BOjK

He lost the leadership election because his campaign was terrible. I was really disappointed in him.

I can't recall it. In what way was it terrible? Was he over confident?

Iron Lion Zion

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:54 - Mar 30 with 1293 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:39 - Mar 30 by BOjK

Corbyn, yes. Changing the voting system for the Labour leader has clearly been a catastrophe.

Both Brexit and Syria you can lay squarely at the feet of Cameron I'm afraid.

Brexit yes. Have you read the account of how Ed let Cameron down over the Syria vote/ It doesn't show Miliband in a good light at all.

That said, Cameron threw his toys out of the pram by putting the issue to bed. He should have tried for a second vote.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 13:00 - Mar 30 with 1276 viewsBOjK

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:52 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

I can't recall it. In what way was it terrible? Was he over confident?

Just small in every sense. Lacking vision, very cautious, speaking entirely in cliches. I remember him trying to move the debate on from "New vs Old Labour" saying instead we needed "Next Labour". Ye Gods. Not unlike Yvette Cooper's similarly poor campaign vs Corbyn, Burnham and Kendall.

Since he lost he's been talked about in glowing terms as some Prince across the water, but I didn't see that at all at the time (and I watched the campaign quite closely).
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 13:02]

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 13:02 - Mar 30 with 1271 viewsBOjK

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 12:54 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

Brexit yes. Have you read the account of how Ed let Cameron down over the Syria vote/ It doesn't show Miliband in a good light at all.

That said, Cameron threw his toys out of the pram by putting the issue to bed. He should have tried for a second vote.

I'm really referring to the second vote. Nobody expected him to do that, and there were serious criticisms of the case for and scope of the proposed intervention that he could and should have addressed prior to another vote.

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 13:04 - Mar 30 with 1254 viewsBOjK

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 10:38 - Mar 30 by No9

But it flies in the face of reality doesn't it?
Had Milliband D become labour leader the Right Wing press would have made a massive (& dishonest) attack on him. The British people being very gullible when it comes to what the RW press publishes may well have turned on Milliband D as they did on Milliband E.

It is worth noting that none of the RW media have commented on the fact a lot of Mrs May's utterings have been taken from Milliband E's policies.

Your last comment is accurate. It is also the case that almost all of Corbyn's policies (such that they are) have been lifted from Miliband's manifesto.

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 13:05 - Mar 30 with 1244 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 13:00 - Mar 30 by BOjK

Just small in every sense. Lacking vision, very cautious, speaking entirely in cliches. I remember him trying to move the debate on from "New vs Old Labour" saying instead we needed "Next Labour". Ye Gods. Not unlike Yvette Cooper's similarly poor campaign vs Corbyn, Burnham and Kendall.

Since he lost he's been talked about in glowing terms as some Prince across the water, but I didn't see that at all at the time (and I watched the campaign quite closely).
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 13:02]

It's a shame when campaigns don't show a decent candidate in a better light. Look at Cooper last week during PMQ's. She had May on the backfoot.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 13:09 - Mar 30 with 1231 viewshype313

Trump, Corbyn, Brexit, the Syrian migrant crisis on 13:05 - Mar 30 by GlasgowBlue

It's a shame when campaigns don't show a decent candidate in a better light. Look at Cooper last week during PMQ's. She had May on the backfoot.

Doesn't really matter as the Labour Party are finished.

As Peter Hitchens said "‘The Labour party can’t win an election with Jeremy Corbyn as leader, The Labour party can’t win a General election with anybody as leader.”

"The man who killed it was one Anthony Charles Lynton Blair , and he killed it fundamentally with the Iraq war, which I think destroyed it utterly and left it completely demoralised.

“He then finished it off it by allowing the huge amounts of money which he used to raise from billionaire donors to shift the Conservative party.”

He went onto describe Labour as a “dead party” but conceded that Corbyn wasn’t responsible for killing it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024