Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right I've made a decision 12:18 - Mar 30 with 3045 viewsSchancheITFC

I'm not renewing, I'll play golf Saturday instead. Don't think any of my mates I go with are renewing either. We've all had a season ticket for 25 years plus.
Right I've made a decision on 12:19 - Mar 30 with 2333 viewsKieran_Knows

Thanks for confirming.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Right I've made a decision on 12:20 - Mar 30 with 2324 viewsBluebell

How do you know you have made the right decision?

For all you know we may have a new manager come August and ME could give him millions to spend on players for our push to the Premier League.

And pigs might fly!
Right I've made a decision on 12:21 - Mar 30 with 2314 viewsBasuco

Glory hunter, bet you will be back if things start to pick up! Also things are not as bad as the RK era so if you got through those you will be fine next season.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 12:22]
Right I've made a decision on 12:21 - Mar 30 with 2304 viewsReuser_is_God

I've got an 8 page spread in the EADT tomorrow, do you want a few pages too?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Right I've made a decision on 12:23 - Mar 30 with 2282 viewsITFC_Cotton

Right I've made a decision on 12:21 - Mar 30 by Basuco

Glory hunter, bet you will be back if things start to pick up! Also things are not as bad as the RK era so if you got through those you will be fine next season.

Glory hunter is a very bold thing to call anyone supporting ITFC, where has this 'glory' been in the last 16 years?
Right I've made a decision on 12:29 - Mar 30 with 2245 viewsASAx

Things are much worse than under Keane.

Under Keane we had a squad of reasonable players (McAuley, Delaney, Leadbitter, Wickham) that could have challenged for the top 6 with the right manager. We had a seemingly supportive owner, prepared to pay the going rate to sign the right players and we had enthusiastic fans that slowly had that enthusiasm washed away by realising how inept Keane was.

We now have a much poorer squad, an owner not prepared to spend anything, not even 10% of money we raise through sales, the lowest crowds we've had for two decades, fans not renewing left right and centre, a manager we all want to leave even whilst recognising what he did for the club initially, boring and negative football even to relegation sides that have lost their last six and a board that couldn't care less about the fans.

Under Keane the manager element was broken. Now it's everything.

As for the whole glory hunter thing it's laughable. Nobody here expects glory. But we expect a competent owner, a plan moving forward, a manager who doesn't disrespect the fans at every chance, a team that tries to win games and some level of entertainment.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 12:53]
Right I've made a decision on 12:33 - Mar 30 with 2207 viewsBluebell

Right I've made a decision on 12:29 - Mar 30 by ASAx

Under Keane we had a squad of reasonable players (McAuley, Delaney, Leadbitter, Wickham) that could have challenged for the top 6 with the right manager. We had a seemingly supportive owner, prepared to pay the going rate to sign the right players and we had enthusiastic fans that slowly had that enthusiasm washed away by realising how inept Keane was.

We now have a much poorer squad, an owner not prepared to spend anything, not even 10% of money we raise through sales, the lowest crowds we've had for two decades, fans not renewing left right and centre, a manager we all want to leave even whilst recognising what he did for the club initially, boring and negative football even to relegation sides that have lost their last six and a board that couldn't care less about the fans.

As for the whole glory hunter thing it's laughable. Nobody here expects glory. But we expect a competent owner, a plan moving forward, a manager who doesn't disrespect the fans at every chance, a team that tries to win games and some level of entertainment.

I don't actually think we have a poorer squad. I just think any talent they had has been drilled out of them by having to play in wrong positions and being taught hoofball and to play for draws.

Not helped by all the injuries we have. Is that down to bad training? Players like Hyam, Bishop and Williams were ok under other managers!
Right I've made a decision on 12:36 - Mar 30 with 2176 viewsASAx

Right I've made a decision on 12:33 - Mar 30 by Bluebell

I don't actually think we have a poorer squad. I just think any talent they had has been drilled out of them by having to play in wrong positions and being taught hoofball and to play for draws.

Not helped by all the injuries we have. Is that down to bad training? Players like Hyam, Bishop and Williams were ok under other managers!

When you look at the likes of Delaney, McAuley and Leadbitter and what they achieved since, do you believe that Berra, Chambers and Skuse, the current equivalents, could have performed to that level in the Premier League over the last few seasons (or top of the Championship in Leadbitters case)?

I don't think the squad we have is anywhere near that side. Murphy's 27 goals, Bart's incredible performances and Tom Lawrence wonder shows have made us almost a one man team for the last three seasons, although it's been a different man.
Login to get fewer ads

Right I've made a decision on 12:36 - Mar 30 with 2175 viewsJosebadleg

Right I've made a decision on 12:33 - Mar 30 by Bluebell

Didn't think Bishop or Williams played at town under anyone else apart from MM

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Right I've made a decision on 12:41 - Mar 30 with 2123 viewsBasuco

Right I've made a decision on 12:29 - Mar 30 by ASAx

My comment was tongue in cheek and my point about it being worse than RK era was that the football and performances were worse than now in my opinion.
Right I've made a decision on 12:41 - Mar 30 with 2116 viewsBasuco

Right I've made a decision on 12:23 - Mar 30 by ITFC_Cotton

Glory hunter is a very bold thing to call anyone supporting ITFC, where has this 'glory' been in the last 16 years?

tongue in cheek comment btw.
Right I've made a decision on 12:44 - Mar 30 with 2095 viewsASAx

Right I've made a decision on 12:41 - Mar 30 by Basuco

My comment was tongue in cheek and my point about it being worse than RK era was that the football and performances were worse than now in my opinion.

No worries.

My memory of the Keane era was not that performances were worse.

Results certainly were but it was more a case of losing 3-0 one week, 4-1 the next and then winning 3-1. Rather than drawing them all 0-0.

We were a defensive shambles, but every few games we'd score goals and play some decent stuff.
Right I've made a decision on 12:47 - Mar 30 with 2064 viewsBluebell

Right I've made a decision on 12:36 - Mar 30 by Josebadleg

Didn't think Bishop or Williams played at town under anyone else apart from MM

Bishop played for the academy and Williams was on loan to Forest and MK Dons last year and didn't get injured.
Right I've made a decision on 13:00 - Mar 30 with 2001 viewsSchancheITFC

I haven't missed many home games since the Bobby Robson days, put playing football Saturday's on the back burner to watch Town, just don't get any enjoyment from going now. I love the club and hope things do change this summer. We have the players here for a new, modern thinking manager to have a good team. Bart, Webster, Emmanual, Dozzell, Ward. Change has got the happen.
Right I've made a decision on 13:03 - Mar 30 with 1977 viewsSergio

Just renewed our season tickets!
Right I've made a decision on 13:06 - Mar 30 with 1962 viewsASAx

Right I've made a decision on 12:47 - Mar 30 by Bluebell

Bishop played for the academy and Williams was on loan to Forest and MK Dons last year and didn't get injured.

In isolation, the Williams situation doesn't reflect well on us.

28 appearances for ITFC over the best part of 3 seasons.
23 appearances for Forest and MK Dons in less than a season.

Since he's been with us he's been out injured across about 6 or 7 different spells and yet was absolutely fine last season with two different clubs.

Whether it's something to do with training methods or the manner in which he's utilised I don't know. It's border line coincidental and some ITFC related contributing factor.
Right I've made a decision on 13:08 - Mar 30 with 1938 viewsSomethingBlue

Right I've made a decision on 13:06 - Mar 30 by ASAx

Since he's been with us he's been out injured across about 6 or 7 different spells and yet was absolutely fine last season with two different clubs.

Whether it's something to do with training methods or the manner in which he's utilised I don't know. It's border line coincidental and some ITFC related contributing factor.

Although his longest absence, of course, came when a Watford defender sliced him in half.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Right I've made a decision on 13:10 - Mar 30 with 1913 viewsArcher4721

I can understand not renewing but you're going off to play golf instead.

Really?
Right I've made a decision on 13:10 - Mar 30 with 1913 viewsASAx

Right I've made a decision on 13:08 - Mar 30 by SomethingBlue

Although his longest absence, of course, came when a Watford defender sliced him in half.

Yeah. That challenge by Eckstrand (was it?) was a shocker, only matched in disgustingness by the celebratory high five that followed.

The 2-1 win over Wolves and 1-0 over Watford back to back in the space of a few days seems like forever ago.
Right I've made a decision on 13:11 - Mar 30 with 1899 viewsBlueNomad

He fell on his shoulder during a match!
Right I've made a decision on 13:58 - Mar 30 with 1765 viewsScuzzer

Right I've made a decision on 12:20 - Mar 30 by Bluebell

How do you know you have made the right decision?

For all you know we may have a new manager come August and ME could give him millions to spend on players for our push to the Premier League.

And pigs might fly!

Evans has changed the manager three times...doesn't to seem to make much difference in the long term. MM did manage to keep us up, but it has been pretty dismal stuff being played for most of his time here. Don't think a change of manager will be enough to bring me back again as a season ticket holder, what I need to see is the club treating fans like me without the contempt they persistently have since shown Evans' reign began.

Established 1968

Right I've made a decision on 14:33 - Mar 30 with 1714 viewsGeoffSentence

Good decision, gently easing yourself up from one level of dull Saturday afternoon to the next.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Right I've made a decision on 14:40 - Mar 30 with 1686 viewsLankHenners

Right I've made a decision on 13:10 - Mar 30 by ASAx

Yeah. That challenge by Eckstrand (was it?) was a shocker, only matched in disgustingness by the celebratory high five that followed.

The 2-1 win over Wolves and 1-0 over Watford back to back in the space of a few days seems like forever ago.

Karma got him in the end - Mings duped him with a little shimmy and the big oaf twisted his knee trying to keep up.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Right I've made a decision on 15:46 - Mar 30 with 1570 viewspatrickswell

Personally I hope he gets a good university degree somewhere, because he will be retired by the age of 26.

That won't stop him being unveiled as a new loan signing in August*

*Focussed on being fit by November after he's shaken off a sun lounger injury sustained during close season.
Right I've made a decision on 15:51 - Mar 30 with 1554 viewsBenters

On course for the worst finish in 50 something years ...

So as long as MM isnt as bad and RK and PJ its a yaay for MM?

Righto !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024