Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... 12:14 - Apr 10 with 6251 viewsitfcjoe

...when you see where we are in the division - i can't help but think that Evans' most costly mistake will be the one to have not backed Mick McCarthy properly.

The situation has gone on too long, and Mick has to go now because of how things are, but we are more likely to get worse than better without him here when you look at all the factors and history of his ownership.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 15:48 - Apr 11 with 696 viewschislehurstblue

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 15:19 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

I expect MM to say the truth or say nothing at all.

This is a man who prides himself on his honesty after all.

Those are just your thoughts in bulletpoint form. You're assuming that Mick thinks just like you and has spowted BS to the media to hide his true thoughts (which are just like your thoughts).

Yet you state you know what MM thinks and how and why he has behaved in a certain way!! Then you tell me that I am not allowed an opinion.

Your thoughts which you believe to be correct:

"Mick hasn't asked for money except for this season" - How do we know this?

"Mick should have had ideas about 33 year old Murphy's replacement, long before he was sold. " - Again how do we know this was the case. In fact he came up with a list of players which he hoped the owner would purchase.

"He didn't, so he went for over-priced players in the same division" - How do you know they are over priced? The fact is that we didnt pay whatever fee the selling clubs were. if they are over priced or over our budget is a matter for debate

"Mick was making at that time was that he was happy with what he had" - do you expect MM to come out and say that he wanted better players than he has currently got, but cant afford them. How do you think the player might react to that. How would you like it if your teachers says that they would like to teach more intelligent children then you - I assume you would be upset and lose respect for that teacher. In the same way that the players would lose respect for MM if he said they werent good enough and wanted better players.

"I know a few people thought we should have busted a gut that window, but Mick wasn't one of them. " How do you know this? MM may have wanted to bring in new better players, but if the budget wasnt there then should he pay the players in sugar cubes?

"Neither of us know what goes on behind the scenes." The only sensible thing you have said, but then go on to tell everyone that MM did this or that and then thought this or that.

I am trying to work out or try to understand why MM may have said the things that he has about buying and selling players, his own squad etc. I can only assume it was about trying to please his boss (ME) and making sure that he didnt publicly upset his players by saying that they werent good enough or how he was stuck with taking gambles on poor players. He isnt going to come and slate his players or his boss. Thats obvious. and something that he has said time and again.

Whilst its obvious you want MM gone, you have tried to belittle his actions and words without any understanding or thought to the wider picture. In your view he should be open and honest 100% of the time. Which isnt really what happens in life. You cant go around telling people the truth 100% of the time. Sometimes you need to do the right thing.
Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 15:53 - Apr 11 with 690 viewsPJH

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 14:53 - Apr 11 by The_Romford_Blue

I was on a jagerbomb sesh. Now on the way to golf with my mates. All hungover but we had a laugh

Have you ever had a jagerbomb PJH?

I will google it and let you know later.
When I know what it is I will know if I have had one/any.
Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 15:56 - Apr 11 with 669 viewsBluebell

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 14:53 - Apr 11 by The_Romford_Blue

I was on a jagerbomb sesh. Now on the way to golf with my mates. All hungover but we had a laugh

Have you got a job yet Rommy?

What happened to the one you were waiting for a phone call about?
Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 16:19 - Apr 11 with 645 viewsClausThomsen

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 15:48 - Apr 11 by chislehurstblue

Yet you state you know what MM thinks and how and why he has behaved in a certain way!! Then you tell me that I am not allowed an opinion.

Your thoughts which you believe to be correct:

"Mick hasn't asked for money except for this season" - How do we know this?

"Mick should have had ideas about 33 year old Murphy's replacement, long before he was sold. " - Again how do we know this was the case. In fact he came up with a list of players which he hoped the owner would purchase.

"He didn't, so he went for over-priced players in the same division" - How do you know they are over priced? The fact is that we didnt pay whatever fee the selling clubs were. if they are over priced or over our budget is a matter for debate

"Mick was making at that time was that he was happy with what he had" - do you expect MM to come out and say that he wanted better players than he has currently got, but cant afford them. How do you think the player might react to that. How would you like it if your teachers says that they would like to teach more intelligent children then you - I assume you would be upset and lose respect for that teacher. In the same way that the players would lose respect for MM if he said they werent good enough and wanted better players.

"I know a few people thought we should have busted a gut that window, but Mick wasn't one of them. " How do you know this? MM may have wanted to bring in new better players, but if the budget wasnt there then should he pay the players in sugar cubes?

"Neither of us know what goes on behind the scenes." The only sensible thing you have said, but then go on to tell everyone that MM did this or that and then thought this or that.

I am trying to work out or try to understand why MM may have said the things that he has about buying and selling players, his own squad etc. I can only assume it was about trying to please his boss (ME) and making sure that he didnt publicly upset his players by saying that they werent good enough or how he was stuck with taking gambles on poor players. He isnt going to come and slate his players or his boss. Thats obvious. and something that he has said time and again.

Whilst its obvious you want MM gone, you have tried to belittle his actions and words without any understanding or thought to the wider picture. In your view he should be open and honest 100% of the time. Which isnt really what happens in life. You cant go around telling people the truth 100% of the time. Sometimes you need to do the right thing.

I haven't stated that I know what MM thinks, only that I take him at his word. This season is the first time Mick's made any public noises about lack of funds/backing.

We're fans - we don't "know" anything about what goes on behind closed doors.

All this "he said this, but he meant that" is absolute guesswork.

I'm just going on what he actually says rather than making stuff up - and he hasn't made a peep about cash until this season.
Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 17:03 - Apr 11 with 619 viewschislehurstblue

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 16:19 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

I haven't stated that I know what MM thinks, only that I take him at his word. This season is the first time Mick's made any public noises about lack of funds/backing.

We're fans - we don't "know" anything about what goes on behind closed doors.

All this "he said this, but he meant that" is absolute guesswork.

I'm just going on what he actually says rather than making stuff up - and he hasn't made a peep about cash until this season.

You are making stuff up as you go along to try to back up your point of view yet dismiss anyone else's argument as hearsay.

You have no idea that MM hasnt spoken to ME about funds before this season or do you expect the manager of a football club to disclose every conversation with the owner to the fans. You also seem to expect MM to be 100% honest with the fans about the state of the budget and playing squad. Would you rather he comes out and say that a new signing isnt very good but the best we can afford?

If you honestly believe that MM hasnt wanted better players over the previous 3 seasons that what he has been able to bring in then you are a fool. Do you think that he would have wanted Bajner or say Campbell who went to Palace from Cardiff for £900k or Scott Hogan who went from Rochdale to Brentford at the same time.

Now run along little boy - Probably about time for your paper round and dont forget to complete your homework.
Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 18:14 - Apr 11 with 583 viewsClausThomsen

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 17:03 - Apr 11 by chislehurstblue

You are making stuff up as you go along to try to back up your point of view yet dismiss anyone else's argument as hearsay.

You have no idea that MM hasnt spoken to ME about funds before this season or do you expect the manager of a football club to disclose every conversation with the owner to the fans. You also seem to expect MM to be 100% honest with the fans about the state of the budget and playing squad. Would you rather he comes out and say that a new signing isnt very good but the best we can afford?

If you honestly believe that MM hasnt wanted better players over the previous 3 seasons that what he has been able to bring in then you are a fool. Do you think that he would have wanted Bajner or say Campbell who went to Palace from Cardiff for £900k or Scott Hogan who went from Rochdale to Brentford at the same time.

Now run along little boy - Probably about time for your paper round and dont forget to complete your homework.

Ah, call a stranger a little boy on the internet so you can feel like the man. Getting off on belittling strangers - good luck with that. Sounds like a joyous path.

You're so fixed on your opinion with no evidence to back it up. You're assuming that all this was going on in the background whilst MM says the opposite in public. It's absolute guesswork, and I'm a fool apparently for not going along with your guess.

You think all the players are cack, you think the rub of football is purely down to finances and you're absolutely convinced MM thinks the same as you behind closed doors.

Bellend
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 18:15]
Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 13:49 - Apr 12 with 516 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I remember my first beer

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 14:39 - Apr 12 with 501 viewschislehurstblue

Looking at all the Swiss Ramble tweets.... on 18:14 - Apr 11 by ClausThomsen

Ah, call a stranger a little boy on the internet so you can feel like the man. Getting off on belittling strangers - good luck with that. Sounds like a joyous path.

You're so fixed on your opinion with no evidence to back it up. You're assuming that all this was going on in the background whilst MM says the opposite in public. It's absolute guesswork, and I'm a fool apparently for not going along with your guess.

You think all the players are cack, you think the rub of football is purely down to finances and you're absolutely convinced MM thinks the same as you behind closed doors.

Bellend
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 18:15]

correct you are a fool
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024