Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? 10:29 - Apr 13 with 2150 viewsPhilTWTD

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 10:32 - Apr 13 with 2094 viewsClausThomsen

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 10:43 - Apr 13 with 2029 viewsfactual_blue

How can this be a valid poll? You've omitted BOTH of the mandatory TWTD poll options.

Phil out*

*Phil out is of course what happens if you follow The Hobnob Diet

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 11:08 - Apr 13 with 1946 viewsdirtyboy

It's not quite that black and white as I see it.

Get rid of him and have another manager come in and work with same constraints...it's a hiding to nothing.

Get rid of him and back the new manager with tens of millions? That too is wrong as we know there's no guarantee of success with money.

However, McCarthy can build tough teams and had he had bought a few players for a few million a piece, then there's no doubt we'd not be in this mess, just for instance, if we had Chris Wood and he'd scored 24 goals for us this season, it's not difficult to believe we'd be in the mix for a play off place.
Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 11:18 - Apr 13 with 1903 viewshoppy

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 11:08 - Apr 13 by dirtyboy

It's not quite that black and white as I see it.

Get rid of him and have another manager come in and work with same constraints...it's a hiding to nothing.

Get rid of him and back the new manager with tens of millions? That too is wrong as we know there's no guarantee of success with money.

However, McCarthy can build tough teams and had he had bought a few players for a few million a piece, then there's no doubt we'd not be in this mess, just for instance, if we had Chris Wood and he'd scored 24 goals for us this season, it's not difficult to believe we'd be in the mix for a play off place.

I wouldn't disagree with that. And for that reason, I can't vote either way.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 12:33 - Apr 13 with 1757 viewsnbsiyag

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 11:18 - Apr 13 by hoppy

I wouldn't disagree with that. And for that reason, I can't vote either way.

I would disagree. Signing a big name striker would not guarantee the necessary service would be provided to him. Murphy for one season defied the odds by being able to hold up the long balls and then do something with them. He had to as nobody ever came through from midfield to back him up. Eventually he became sussed out.

The elephant in the room has long been the poor midfield. The loss of the ability to play through the middle of the park has come about because of lazy coaching. In the past ITFC teams had always been able to do that even if they could do nothing else.

MM is ultimately culpable and has to go.
Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 12:43 - Apr 13 with 1712 viewshype313

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 12:33 - Apr 13 by nbsiyag

I would disagree. Signing a big name striker would not guarantee the necessary service would be provided to him. Murphy for one season defied the odds by being able to hold up the long balls and then do something with them. He had to as nobody ever came through from midfield to back him up. Eventually he became sussed out.

The elephant in the room has long been the poor midfield. The loss of the ability to play through the middle of the park has come about because of lazy coaching. In the past ITFC teams had always been able to do that even if they could do nothing else.

MM is ultimately culpable and has to go.

That elephant would have made a better signing than Douglas.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 14:22 - Apr 13 with 1571 viewshoppy

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 12:43 - Apr 13 by hype313

That elephant would have made a better signing than Douglas.

Even if it was this one?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 14:36 - Apr 13 with 1530 viewsLightningboy

Currently 24% saying yes...i'm amazed that many N*rwich supporters know how to use a computer.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 06:54 - Apr 14 with 1325 viewstiptreeblue

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 14:36 - Apr 13 by Lightningboy

Currently 24% saying yes...i'm amazed that many N*rwich supporters know how to use a computer.

still only a quarter of the fans backing the manager. Surely people at ITFC should take note,
Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 07:00 - Apr 14 with 1312 viewsTractorWood

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 06:54 - Apr 14 by tiptreeblue

still only a quarter of the fans backing the manager. Surely people at ITFC should take note,

Ship's sinking and few seem to care at the club.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 07:27 - Apr 14 with 1271 viewsPlums

Should Mick McCarthy be Town manager next season? on 07:00 - Apr 14 by TractorWood

Ship's sinking and few seem to care at the club.

They're too busy throwing the baggage of history overboard to notice how far we're now listing.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024