Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM abused all season 22:23 - Apr 17 with 2341 viewsgroovyASH

And he refers indirectly to fans as f**kers and there is meltdown. If anyone bothered to read the full comments in context they would see it was clearly not a dig at town fans.

Funny how people miss the points where he acknowledges his side have been s**t at PR this season, how he was pleased to be involved in a day that paid tribute to Sir Bobby. funny how people are happy to push the performance of the season to the background so they can clutch at comments made by a wily old Yorkshireman to further their agenda of enmity.

Frankly would not blame MM if he had called half of you lot f**kers.

Today of all days, the focus should be elsewhere on positives. Great performance and tribute to a real football legend who just happens to be a massive part of the culture of our club.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

MM abused all season on 22:26 - Apr 17 with 2300 viewsKieran_Knows

Agreed. Not that I really care that he has called us that, does not bother me in the slightest. It is funny to see grown men getting annoyed about it though, noticeably those that have given Mick the most sh*t this season.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 22:55]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

MM abused all season on 22:28 - Apr 17 with 2255 viewsFramfarmer

MM abused all season on 22:26 - Apr 17 by Kieran_Knows

Agreed. Not that I really care that he has called us that, does not bother me in the slightest. It is funny to see grown men getting annoyed about it though, noticeably those that have given Mick the most sh*t this season.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 22:55]

his job is safe for another season after today....
MM abused all season on 22:28 - Apr 17 with 2261 viewsReuser_is_God

The biggest thing about MM's disregard of the fans lately is that he's not trying to build bridges which, for me, can only means he's off.

He can call me what he likes as I often swear about him!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

MM abused all season on 22:29 - Apr 17 with 2233 viewsKieran_Knows

MM abused all season on 22:28 - Apr 17 by Framfarmer

I'd be very surprised if it is based upon one performance.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

MM abused all season on 22:30 - Apr 17 with 2212 viewsReuser_is_God

His job has always been safe, ME won't sack him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

MM abused all season on 22:31 - Apr 17 with 2203 viewsRyorry

The 'Mick stay or go' poll that Phil's been running has changed by a 2% swing towards 'stay' since this morning.

Edit: can't find it now, but should have added that this morning it was around 73% for Mick to go, whereas it's currently around 71%.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 22:40]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

MM abused all season on 22:32 - Apr 17 with 2233 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, I didn't take it as a dig, just as a figure of speech, albeit a sweary one, along the lines of Jools Holland's "Be there or don't be a groovy f****er" 5pm trailer for The Tube, aimed at helping to motivate the team.

Re the other comment - which was made to me, incidentally - about atmosphere and fans' role in it, I think he was reiterating his previous point - again rather more grittily than was perhaps necessary - that fans can have an impact on games, positively in today's case, or negatively in previous matches.
MM abused all season on 22:40 - Apr 17 with 2137 viewsfactual_blue

MM abused all season on 22:32 - Apr 17 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I didn't take it as a dig, just as a figure of speech, albeit a sweary one, along the lines of Jools Holland's "Be there or don't be a groovy f****er" 5pm trailer for The Tube, aimed at helping to motivate the team.

Re the other comment - which was made to me, incidentally - about atmosphere and fans' role in it, I think he was reiterating his previous point - again rather more grittily than was perhaps necessary - that fans can have an impact on games, positively in today's case, or negatively in previous matches.

Yes, but you're a sensible adult, and not a precious little flower.

That was what you asked me to say, wasn't it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

MM abused all season on 22:48 - Apr 17 with 2063 viewsfactual_blue

MM abused all season on 22:31 - Apr 17 by Ryorry

The 'Mick stay or go' poll that Phil's been running has changed by a 2% swing towards 'stay' since this morning.

Edit: can't find it now, but should have added that this morning it was around 73% for Mick to go, whereas it's currently around 71%.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 22:40]

That's a change of two percentage points, not a two per cent change

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

MM abused all season on 22:49 - Apr 17 with 2068 viewsgroovyASH

Its unsurprising that his comments have become more gritty and harsh as the season has gone on, he's spent pretty much all of it on the end of abuse and disrespect in one aspect or another.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

MM abused all season on 22:54 - Apr 17 with 2025 viewsjeera

Grown men who want to scream abuse in their hundreds, and think the management and players should take it without protest...

Then whine when they get a bit back. And even then, barely anything at all.

"I said, ‘Not us by the way, I’m sure none of the f****rs are coming to watch us the way we’ve been playing here. So if that’s the case, I’m not bothered about that but make sure they’re talking about us when they go home, in a positive manner, and make sure they’ve come and they’ve enjoyed watching us’.”

The club should pay for counselling.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

MM abused all season on 22:57 - Apr 17 with 1991 viewsFixed_It

MM abused all season on 22:54 - Apr 17 by jeera

Grown men who want to scream abuse in their hundreds, and think the management and players should take it without protest...

Then whine when they get a bit back. And even then, barely anything at all.

"I said, ‘Not us by the way, I’m sure none of the f****rs are coming to watch us the way we’ve been playing here. So if that’s the case, I’m not bothered about that but make sure they’re talking about us when they go home, in a positive manner, and make sure they’ve come and they’ve enjoyed watching us’.”

The club should pay for counselling.

Is that it?! I had assumed he'd at least insulted my Mum or something...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

MM abused all season on 23:15 - Apr 17 with 1933 viewsjeera

MM abused all season on 22:57 - Apr 17 by Fixed_It

Is that it?! I had assumed he'd at least insulted my Mum or something...

I wouldn't let anyone speak of her that way...

Not after our night together.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

MM abused all season on 23:33 - Apr 17 with 1857 viewsflashblue

He will be gone before our next game. Amazed he was not dismissed this evening.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

MM abused all season on 23:37 - Apr 17 with 1831 viewsSmellyCat

MM abused all season on 23:33 - Apr 17 by flashblue

He will be gone before our next game. Amazed he was not dismissed this evening.

That's Saturday coming. If you're wrong do you promise to never post again here ever?
MM abused all season on 00:10 - Apr 18 with 1765 viewsPhilTWTD

MM abused all season on 22:49 - Apr 17 by groovyASH

Its unsurprising that his comments have become more gritty and harsh as the season has gone on, he's spent pretty much all of it on the end of abuse and disrespect in one aspect or another.

Has has seemed increasingly irked by it, certainly more so as the season has worn on. I think largely because he feels it's not deserved on the overall balance of his time in charge.
MM abused all season on 00:16 - Apr 18 with 1725 viewsBlueAllOver

Agreed, heard his interview on the way back home in the car, nothing wrong with it at all, much as most of his interviews of late. Some just like to pick out the negatives of everything he says and ignore the majority of perfectly reasonable comments he makes. Well done to Mick and the team on the last two performances, thoroughly enjoyed both. COYB!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 0:20]
MM abused all season on 00:19 - Apr 18 with 1710 viewsflashblue

MM abused all season on 23:37 - Apr 17 by SmellyCat

That's Saturday coming. If you're wrong do you promise to never post again here ever?

Yes.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

MM abused all season on 05:08 - Apr 18 with 1565 viewsmadmouse1959

....but why does he continually use a poor command of the English language ?

shampoo dave

MM abused all season on 08:16 - Apr 18 with 1465 viewsFtnfwest

i wouldn't worry, the 'reaction to the reaction' has been far larger already
MM abused all season on 08:19 - Apr 18 with 1457 viewsClausThomsen

MM's had all season to shut the fans up.

He's failed.
MM abused all season on 08:21 - Apr 18 with 1452 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's exactly how I read it. You can see a tragedy on the news and say "those poor f@ckers".

My mum would have said "those poor devils". She wasn't calling the victims of of an earthquake or bombing Satan worshippers.

It's a figure of speech that has been misinterpreted by those who want Mick out.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024