Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So according to Red John 16:56 - Apr 20 with 14483 viewschicoazul

If you earn £70k+, you're rich.
Ahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So according to Red John on 08:15 - Apr 21 with 1713 viewschicoazul

So according to Red John on 21:16 - Apr 20 by hoskerdu

I earn about twice as much as I did ten years ago (still less than 70k) but my overheads haven't increased much and I have increased my pension contributions and reduced my hours. It is a choice to spend more if you earn more

Yes its a choice. Which is what I keep saying.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So according to Red John on 08:22 - Apr 21 with 1696 viewsNo9

So according to Red John on 18:01 - Apr 20 by chicoazul

Ah, but I didnt say it isnt a lot of money. considering the average wage is £26k (I think) then £70k is a lot of money to be paid. But it doesnt make one rich. This is an illusion propagated by left and right.

I am old enough to recall the infamous Tiny Rolland,at the time said to be one of the richest men in the UK.
Someone gace his tax details to the press who got it looked over by a tax lawyer who proclaimed Mr Rolland was so poorly paid he could claim public assistance.
So according to Red John on 09:36 - Apr 21 with 1662 viewsGeoffSentence

So according to Red John on 22:43 - Apr 20 by vapour_trail

You can hardly be surprised he's having a pop Glassers! Give and take. Bump and grind.

Anyway, wtf is that avatar about?

The picture of the two beardies? I think that is Jeremy Corbyn talking to Gerry Adams. GB wants to remind everyone of how evil Jezza is.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So according to Red John on 13:19 - Apr 21 with 1610 viewshoskerdu

So according to Red John on 08:15 - Apr 21 by chicoazul

Yes its a choice. Which is what I keep saying.

Ok so it is a choice, you just don't know anyone personally who has made it. Fair enough
So according to Red John on 14:01 - Apr 21 with 1574 viewsvapour_trail

So according to Red John on 09:36 - Apr 21 by GeoffSentence

The picture of the two beardies? I think that is Jeremy Corbyn talking to Gerry Adams. GB wants to remind everyone of how evil Jezza is.

Ah yes I think you're right.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

So according to Red John on 18:38 - Apr 21 with 1532 viewsSwansea_Blue

John McDonnell is an idiot. Defining what rich is, and who is or isn't rich, is entirely subjective and leads to a futile and banal 'discussion'. To be drawn into even answering the questions shows a surprising level of political naivety. Presumably he had a point to make or a message he wanted to put across, but nobody will remember what that was now. Not a good start to Labour trying to convince us they are capable of running the country.

Oh, and the answer has nothing to do with money, but that's another story.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So according to Red John on 19:13 - Apr 21 with 1512 viewsbluelagos

So according to Red John on 18:38 - Apr 21 by Swansea_Blue

John McDonnell is an idiot. Defining what rich is, and who is or isn't rich, is entirely subjective and leads to a futile and banal 'discussion'. To be drawn into even answering the questions shows a surprising level of political naivety. Presumably he had a point to make or a message he wanted to put across, but nobody will remember what that was now. Not a good start to Labour trying to convince us they are capable of running the country.

Oh, and the answer has nothing to do with money, but that's another story.

Can see both sides. Working in central London, 70k pa is going to get you a mortgage which equates to a very small flat. Or a long expensive commute from the sticks. Half your thp servicing debt and then a family to support...

But then 70k in many other parts of UK is a seriously decent wage/life style.

One of the problems is our taxation system inevitably applies the rules over people in vastly different circumstances.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So according to Red John on 19:23 - Apr 21 with 1492 viewsmutters

Its not as black and white as that.

I've friend who live in London and earn that money but have very little spare due to cost of housing / childcare (£70 per day!!) / lviing. Whereas i've friends that live in Suffolk, earn half of that and have lots of spare cash, primarily due to Grandparents looking after the kids so both parents can work.

Everybodys case is different so its impossible to label what is well off and what isnt.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

So according to Red John on 19:37 - Apr 21 with 1481 viewsSwansea_Blue

So according to Red John on 19:13 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

Can see both sides. Working in central London, 70k pa is going to get you a mortgage which equates to a very small flat. Or a long expensive commute from the sticks. Half your thp servicing debt and then a family to support...

But then 70k in many other parts of UK is a seriously decent wage/life style.

One of the problems is our taxation system inevitably applies the rules over people in vastly different circumstances.

There are lots of sides, that's why I find it all a bit pointless. It depends an almost unlimited number of variables.

The issue I have with all this is that people aren't discussing the merits or otherwise of a proposed Labour strategy/pledge. That's the info we need ahead of the GE, but we're no wiser about Labours approach or plans (I haven't heard Corbyn's speach yet, so that may fill in the gaps). I probably won't vote for them anyway, but it would be nice to considerwhat they want to do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So according to Red John on 23:20 - Apr 21 with 1451 viewslowhouseblue

at £51 plus a bottle this lot must be rich surely?

https://order-order.com/2017/04/21/len-seumas-champagne-celebration/

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So according to Red John on 23:28 - Apr 21 with 1446 viewsvapour_trail

So according to Red John on 23:20 - Apr 21 by lowhouseblue

at £51 plus a bottle this lot must be rich surely?

https://order-order.com/2017/04/21/len-seumas-champagne-celebration/

Bang on. Fecking hypocrites

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

So according to Red John on 23:31 - Apr 21 with 1443 viewslowhouseblue

So according to Red John on 23:28 - Apr 21 by vapour_trail

Bang on. Fecking hypocrites

i'm happy to concede that tony blair is rich. a definition of rich that didn't include tony would be odd.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024