Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for the TWTD Tories here. 12:37 - Apr 21 with 14457 viewsmonytowbray

Can you give me any legit reasons for a 29 year old non-home owner in the middle-upper half of the basic rate tax bracket to vote for May in June?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:04 - Apr 23 with 1428 viewsGlasgowBlue

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 22:32 - Apr 22 by monytowbray

Still surprised Glassers is reading this thread and hasn't posted once. Surely if anyone could make a reasonable post answering my question it would be you? Would be interested in your thoughts rather than seeing the occasional upvote on Ely's weird meltdown.

See my reply to Rommers in another thread. I wouldn't tell anyone how to vote.

I would advise you, as I did Rommers, to read each party's manifesto, find out about your local candidates, research the voting record of your local MP, research how ell they represent your constituency and go along to as many hustings as possible.

After reading the manifestos then see if any promises made have been costed and are realistic to deliver.

Then make your decision. If that candidate happens not to be a Tory then that is fine. You have voted, which is very important, and you have done so after making an informed choice.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 13:05]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:20 - Apr 23 with 1423 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 11:59 - Apr 23 by bournemouthblue

The cuts to Social Care have been a hidden cut to the NHS really

The extra cash they now plan to raise for it, aren't even a sticking plaster

I thought it was councils that have to pay for it?
Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:24 - Apr 23 with 1421 viewsDolly2.0

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 12:57 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63500525.html

That's the cheapest house on right move in Ipswich. Listed at 125k so probably 120k to buy. Average UK salary is 28k, which means at x3 mortgage you can borrow £84k.

So Mr or Mrs average earnings can buy Ioswich's cheapest house today only if they have close to £40k in savings.

To answer your question, I suspect those earning less than Callis and on the housing ladder did so with substantial help from the bank of mum and dad in getting a deposit together. Without that help, home ownership is a pipe dream for many.

Absolutely this.

Some of the older folk in this thread just don't seem to know what it's like these days. They think, "I did alright in my day, you should be fine now too. If not, it's due to laziness."

That's really not the case in the real world.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:31 - Apr 23 with 1415 viewsDolly2.0

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:00 - Apr 23 by sparks

Start with a flat...

Certainly property has become less affordable and a further reach than previously which is a big problem. But its not insurmountable if people are determined.

As I posted earlier, flats that have just gone up in Streatham (a not particularly nice area) start at half a million pounds. How is a young person on an average to decent salary supposed to afford that? House (and flat) prices have gone through the roof since the previous generation. My dad saved hard (and got some money off his dad) in order to get his first property. He's 80 now but even he has the wherewithal to acknowledge it's so much harder these days.

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:41 - Apr 23 with 1404 viewsDolly2.0

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:04 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

See my reply to Rommers in another thread. I wouldn't tell anyone how to vote.

I would advise you, as I did Rommers, to read each party's manifesto, find out about your local candidates, research the voting record of your local MP, research how ell they represent your constituency and go along to as many hustings as possible.

After reading the manifestos then see if any promises made have been costed and are realistic to deliver.

Then make your decision. If that candidate happens not to be a Tory then that is fine. You have voted, which is very important, and you have done so after making an informed choice.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 13:05]

I wouldn't bother reading the manifestos, especially your lot who have the worst record of breaking manifesto promises out of all the parties. You might as well read The Lord Of The Rings. That's a fantasy too.

I agree with the rest, but I'd add that one should go with what the party, and the leader of that party, stands for in general terms.

Whether Corbyn would be a great leader or not I don't know. But his ethics and principles are what I subscribe to. The general Tory principle of 'look after yourself and fook everyone else' is not me. That's why I'll be voting Labour.

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 14:01 - Apr 23 with 1385 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:31 - Apr 23 by Dolly2.0

As I posted earlier, flats that have just gone up in Streatham (a not particularly nice area) start at half a million pounds. How is a young person on an average to decent salary supposed to afford that? House (and flat) prices have gone through the roof since the previous generation. My dad saved hard (and got some money off his dad) in order to get his first property. He's 80 now but even he has the wherewithal to acknowledge it's so much harder these days.

See my earlier comment
Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 14:19 - Apr 23 with 1368 viewsbournemouthblue

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:20 - Apr 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

I thought it was councils that have to pay for it?

harder to pay for when their funding from central government has been drastically cut

Even Tory Surrey was considering raising council tax to pay for the shortfall

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 14:32 - Apr 23 with 1356 viewsbazza

This is the thread, that just keeps on giving...
Login to get fewer ads

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 15:53 - Apr 23 with 1327 viewsbournemouthblue

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:00 - Apr 23 by sparks

Start with a flat...

Certainly property has become less affordable and a further reach than previously which is a big problem. But its not insurmountable if people are determined.

We a looking at the first generation since records began who are poorer than their parents and that's in a financial system totally built on growth

It isn't a good situation for future generations

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 16:18 - Apr 23 with 1315 viewsjaykay

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 12:57 - Apr 23 by bluelagos

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63500525.html

That's the cheapest house on right move in Ipswich. Listed at 125k so probably 120k to buy. Average UK salary is 28k, which means at x3 mortgage you can borrow £84k.

So Mr or Mrs average earnings can buy Ioswich's cheapest house today only if they have close to £40k in savings.

To answer your question, I suspect those earning less than Callis and on the housing ladder did so with substantial help from the bank of mum and dad in getting a deposit together. Without that help, home ownership is a pipe dream for many.

are we talking about single people and not couples getting a mortgage in your figures.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 16:29 - Apr 23 with 1304 viewsStokieBlue

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 13:31 - Apr 23 by Dolly2.0

You're talking about specifically owning a home (something I can agree everyone wants to do). The previous solutions posted were for council homes/renting.

Interested to know how buying a home could be easier and cheaper, I don't have the solution unfortunately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 16:32 - Apr 23 with 1305 viewsJ2BLUE

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 12:37 - Apr 23 by Benters

This .

With a bit of perhaps they didnt spunk their dosh on Tattoos and Taco outfits ?

I thought you were out?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 16:56 - Apr 23 with 1278 viewsmonytowbray

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 16:32 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

I thought you were out?

He was never in, he just occasionally pops up to up arrow and say "this" to anything that agrees with his view despite lacking any evidence.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 02:17 - Apr 24 with 1217 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 14:19 - Apr 23 by bournemouthblue

harder to pay for when their funding from central government has been drastically cut

Even Tory Surrey was considering raising council tax to pay for the shortfall

They normally just take the houses off the elderly that have them.
Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 02:20 - Apr 24 with 1216 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 16:56 - Apr 23 by monytowbray

He was never in, he just occasionally pops up to up arrow and say "this" to anything that agrees with his view despite lacking any evidence.

I see you didn't bother to respond to my comment about the tory tax hikes on buy-to-lets which seems to be having the consenquence you want i.e. lowering house prices.
Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 04:44 - Apr 24 with 1206 viewsBenters

Question for the TWTD Tories here. on 16:56 - Apr 23 by monytowbray

Poor love my generation blub

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024