Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? 20:46 - Apr 21 with 1337 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/police-arrest-dortmund-team-bus-attack-170

If this suspect is found guilty should he face a greater or a lesser sentence for attempting to turn a profit from a fall in Dortmund's share price compared with a terrorist who bombs from a misguided sense of faith or political conviction?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 20:59 - Apr 21 with 1312 viewsbluelagos

Were the bombs credible and could they have killed anyone? Or were they designed to scare but ultimately never going to hurt anyone?

If the former, I'd treat him no different to a terrorist. If the latter, I'd throw the book at him but take into account no one was ever going to be physically hurt. But he no doubt still caused much trauma / worry for 000s of fans (and players) so I'd still look to nail the twunt tbh.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 21:20 - Apr 21 with 1280 viewsMullet

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 20:59 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

Were the bombs credible and could they have killed anyone? Or were they designed to scare but ultimately never going to hurt anyone?

If the former, I'd treat him no different to a terrorist. If the latter, I'd throw the book at him but take into account no one was ever going to be physically hurt. But he no doubt still caused much trauma / worry for 000s of fans (and players) so I'd still look to nail the twunt tbh.

One of their players was hurt though to be picky, also I don't see a difference in the current climate.

Were the TWTD racewatch quick to condemn him now only his motives are proven to be dark?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 08:03 - Apr 22 with 1205 viewsnoggin

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 21:20 - Apr 21 by Mullet

One of their players was hurt though to be picky, also I don't see a difference in the current climate.

Were the TWTD racewatch quick to condemn him now only his motives are proven to be dark?

Strangely, they haven't mentioned it since the Islamic terror connection was dismissed.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 08:18 - Apr 22 with 1187 viewsMullet

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 08:03 - Apr 22 by noggin

Strangely, they haven't mentioned it since the Islamic terror connection was dismissed.

Not really strange at all though unfortunately is it? They're all hateful little characters full of fear.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 08:21 - Apr 22 with 1186 viewsStokieBlue

He bombed innocent people.

In my opinion the motives are irrelevant, he should be treated in the same way that any bomber would be. The fact it's ecomonically driven rather than religious fundamentalism should make no difference.

Bottom line, you can't go around bombing people no matter what your warped reasoning and that message from the authorities needs to be clear.

SB
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 8:22]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 12:11 - Apr 22 with 1105 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 08:03 - Apr 22 by noggin

The murder of a policeman in Paris by Islamic State has happened recently which is probably more relevant.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 12:16 - Apr 22 with 1098 viewsnoggin

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 12:11 - Apr 22 by The_Last_Baron

The murder of a policeman in Paris by Islamic State has happened recently which is probably more relevant.

Although it wasn't by Islamic state was it?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 12:16]

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 12:41 - Apr 22 with 1059 viewsWD19

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 20:59 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

There was a shard of metal - perhaps a nail - lodged in the headrest of one of the seats following the blast. Definitely the potential for death. If he just wanted to make a fkn big noise and break a window it is a funny way of going about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 13:08 - Apr 22 with 1032 viewsJ2BLUE

If he bought shares why would he want them to go down? Surely he was shorting the shares?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 13:13 - Apr 22 with 1026 viewsWeWereZombies

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 13:08 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

If he bought shares why would he want them to go down? Surely he was shorting the shares?

The BBC report reckons he could have made £3.2m but they do not say how - which is probably just as well given the circumstances:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39664212

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 13:20 - Apr 22 with 1014 viewstaximan

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 08:18 - Apr 22 by Mullet

Not really strange at all though unfortunately is it? They're all hateful little characters full of fear.

as i presume your typical snidey dig is aimed in my general direction, is it ok for me to point out that i posted several times that whoever was responsible for this attack was a cnt behaving in a cntish manner ?

that is all sir

hope this helps
Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 13:34 - Apr 22 with 996 viewsnoggin

Dortmund team bus attack just an attempt to make money? on 13:20 - Apr 22 by taximan

as i presume your typical snidey dig is aimed in my general direction, is it ok for me to point out that i posted several times that whoever was responsible for this attack was a cnt behaving in a cntish manner ?

that is all sir

hope this helps

Good job you clarified that for us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024