Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" 13:44 - Apr 24 with 9349 viewsmonytowbray

Do they all just assume public spending is perfect as it is at present with no unjust/pointless funding and all tax revenue that could possibly be going into the national pot is being collected?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 15:52 - Apr 24 with 1018 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 14:48 - Apr 24 by Luk38644

Only just seen your avatar...

Since when did you change allegiances?

Since he decided it was too much hastle to get a proper job
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 15:54 - Apr 24 with 1009 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 15:52 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

lol

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People who say on 16:02 - Apr 24 with 995 viewsBlueBadger

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 15:52 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Anyone who has time to waste 'hastling' people on TWTD doesn't by definition, have a proper job.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 16:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People who say on 16:05 - Apr 24 with 987 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 15:51 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

I haven't seen that if so. The £10 wage is a policy which is widely supported. If there was that much evidence against it i'm sure it wouldn't be.

https://www.ft.com/content/cf834328-86ec-11e5-90de-f44762bf9896

Let's just hope you are a high productivity worker.

EDIT. Here's more on it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/11802283/How-the-new-national-living-
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 16:08]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:08 - Apr 24 with 973 viewsunbelievablue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 15:51 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

I haven't seen that if so. The £10 wage is a policy which is widely supported. If there was that much evidence against it i'm sure it wouldn't be.

To assume that a policy which is widely supported does not have evidence against it is pretty naive given the current political and academic climate.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:10 - Apr 24 with 962 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:08 - Apr 24 by unbelievablue

To assume that a policy which is widely supported does not have evidence against it is pretty naive given the current political and academic climate.

J2 believes that companies who can't afford to pay £10 don't deserve to stay afloat.

What he doesn't realise is that companies will cut costs and jobs accordingly and squeeze more out of a smaller workforce.

Iron Lion Zion

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:14 - Apr 24 with 943 viewstaximan

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 15:50 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

There would be an increased cost of living but I still think there would be a net benefit to the £10 minimum wage. I'm sure people like you couldn't give a damn if underpaying workers in places like Tesco is making your weekly shop a little bit cheaper.

"people like me" ??
People who say on 16:16 - Apr 24 with 943 viewsStokieBlue

I'm sure there is unjustified funding and there is certainly more tax that could be collected although that may require an international effort. I would wager that it's a strange position to claim Labour could get more from public spending and then also shout about austerity and cuts although it may be true they could find efficiency savings without cuts.

However it's nowhere near enough to cover his spending, that's why he's said he will borrow at least 500bn.

SB
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 16:19]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:52 - Apr 24 with 909 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:10 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

J2 believes that companies who can't afford to pay £10 don't deserve to stay afloat.

What he doesn't realise is that companies will cut costs and jobs accordingly and squeeze more out of a smaller workforce.

It's genuinely not possible to cut the workforce down at my place.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:54 - Apr 24 with 904 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:52 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

So it's a case of I'm alright Jack and sod the rest.

Typical former Ukipper ;-)

Iron Lion Zion

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:57 - Apr 24 with 892 viewstaximan

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:52 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

you didn't reply to my "people like me" comment ?
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:22 - Apr 24 with 870 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:57 - Apr 24 by taximan

you didn't reply to my "people like me" comment ?

I went on break and then had a queue when I came back. Typical of retail I now have someone making a complaint about me because of circumstances out of my control.

The likes of you and Benters come across as if you couldn't give a feck about anyone else as long as you're ok. I thought that was obvious from my initial comment.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:24 - Apr 24 with 865 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 16:54 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

So it's a case of I'm alright Jack and sod the rest.

Typical former Ukipper ;-)

It's simply wanting fair pay for the job I do.

Apparently i'm wrong and selfish to want such a thing. I believe you and your wife both own businesses? Only you know if you're paying staff fairly.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:26 - Apr 24 with 848 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hopefully those ones will string up the bosses and take them into worker ownership !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:27 - Apr 24 with 860 viewsBackToRussia

I think they say it because it's superficially logical, in the hopes of shutting down debate.

But of course it's the ideology behind the £10 minimum wage they're rejecting, not the costing.

Similarly the Conservatives have borrowed huge amounts of money in the last 5+ years but when Corbyn suggests we borrow £500bn for investment in the public sector it's rejected out of hand as unworkable.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

People who say (n/t) on 17:29 - Apr 24 with 855 viewsDesmond

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:24 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Apparently i'm wrong and selfish to want such a thing. I believe you and your wife both own businesses? Only you know if you're paying staff fairly.

As he's both from Scotland and a Tory, I doubt he would give anybody the pickings from his nose if he could avoid it brother.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 17:35]
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:34 - Apr 24 with 841 viewstractorboy1978

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:24 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Who decides what is "fair"?
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:40 - Apr 24 with 824 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here's the thing mate.

My mrs has had her own business for 4 years now. For the first three she took less than her staff in order to keep a new business afloat.

We can plan a day out together when we finally get the same day off which can be cancelled if one of her staff phones in sick with an hours notice.

My staff earn a performance related commission which dwarfs their basic wage.

So I think we are both very fair. It the reason I can get somebody call me up ten years down the line and ask if I've got any vacancies.

Iron Lion Zion

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:46 - Apr 24 with 815 viewsRyorry

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 13:52 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

The Tories promised a £9 minimum wage. No one cared about that. Labour say £10 and suddenly it's unworkable.

Same with the bank holidays thing. You have people who would benefit from it just dismiss it as stupid even though some studies suggest it would be a £1bn net boost to the economy for each day as people spent more on things like DIY/tourism.

This could be the last chance to make a stand on things like wages, working rights, working benefits and the ability to afford a home. As the baby boomer generation retire we'll need to pay higher taxes to support them and political parties will throw things at them for their vote. Never mind, we're already soft and spoilt so what does it matter if the screw is turned?

I'd have +1'd that had it not been for your silly generalisation at the end re pensioners being 'soft & spoilt" (apols if that's not what you meant, meaning not really clear).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People who say on 17:49 - Apr 24 with 808 viewsRyorry

People who say on 14:02 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

Ironically, public services are becoming more inefficient thanks to increased admin costs involved in farming out services to unaccountable cost-cutters in the Efficient Private Sector.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 14:02]

Guess it's asking too much to want a bit of long-term thinking & planning tho innit!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 18:06 - Apr 24 with 790 viewstaximan

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:22 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

I went on break and then had a queue when I came back. Typical of retail I now have someone making a complaint about me because of circumstances out of my control.

The likes of you and Benters come across as if you couldn't give a feck about anyone else as long as you're ok. I thought that was obvious from my initial comment.

you could always get a second (part time) job to supplement your income !!!
People who say on 18:13 - Apr 24 with 773 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

What will you do though if the BNP offer £11 ?

Anyway, supply and demand innit? If the wage wasn't fair you wouldn't do it... you obviously just need to look elsewhere. What's stopping you?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 18:15]
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 18:28 - Apr 24 with 747 viewsjaykay

werent the tories against the min wage when labour introduced it.they were saying firms would go bust etc.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

People who say on 18:38 - Apr 24 with 738 viewstaximan

People who say on 18:13 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

What will you do though if the BNP offer £11 ?

Anyway, supply and demand innit? If the wage wasn't fair you wouldn't do it... you obviously just need to look elsewhere. What's stopping you?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 18:15]

nothing at all is my guess

lack of motivation/determination/ambition
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:33 - Apr 24 with 707 viewsArcher4721

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:40 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

Here's the thing mate.

My mrs has had her own business for 4 years now. For the first three she took less than her staff in order to keep a new business afloat.

We can plan a day out together when we finally get the same day off which can be cancelled if one of her staff phones in sick with an hours notice.

My staff earn a performance related commission which dwarfs their basic wage.

So I think we are both very fair. It the reason I can get somebody call me up ten years down the line and ask if I've got any vacancies.

Arf.

You really think anyone would take business tips from you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024