Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? 20:39 - Apr 24 with 4838 viewschristiand

I'm thinking management, squad and fan-wise. I'd be really interested to see what we feel out there. Be honest and answer with your head rather than your heart. The club is crying out for changes, but to what extent?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:00 - Apr 25 with 816 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The problem is if “backing” Mick equates to him seeing out his contract, it’s very difficult to sensibly invest for the future isn’t it. Hugill for example is clearly a decent player but he won’t be every manager’s cup of tea (i.e. to spend towards £2m on somebody who a new manager with a different style might not fancy is surely a complete no). Plenty more of Mick’s suggestions could fall into that bracket although to be fair the likes of Webster and Ward would be a goer for most managers.

We will have a bad season next year if Mick is only in role to see out his contract.

Huws is relatively likely I expect and I can see Ward being signed on the cheap instead of somebody like Hugill. Berra will go and Chambers is clearly 50:50. If Mick’s here I can’t see Chambers moving on but he’s bound to be expensive.
on 14:05 - Apr 25 with 807 views_

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:00 - Apr 25 by PrideOfTheEast

The problem is if “backing” Mick equates to him seeing out his contract, it’s very difficult to sensibly invest for the future isn’t it. Hugill for example is clearly a decent player but he won’t be every manager’s cup of tea (i.e. to spend towards £2m on somebody who a new manager with a different style might not fancy is surely a complete no). Plenty more of Mick’s suggestions could fall into that bracket although to be fair the likes of Webster and Ward would be a goer for most managers.

We will have a bad season next year if Mick is only in role to see out his contract.

Huws is relatively likely I expect and I can see Ward being signed on the cheap instead of somebody like Hugill. Berra will go and Chambers is clearly 50:50. If Mick’s here I can’t see Chambers moving on but he’s bound to be expensive.

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:08 - Apr 25 with 798 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Ok then, going to do this head over heart then.......

Mick will stay and see out the remaining year of his contract and with a point to prove.

Players wise:
To be let go - Douglas, Best, Coke.
Bru & Digby will be told they are surplus to requirements and we will try and move them on to no avail. Berra will also be let go so he can get his move back up to Scotland.

Loan deals expiring: All to expire, we will pursue Huws but Cardiff will either want too much money or another Championship will beat us to his signature. We wont sign any of the other current loan players.

Short term deals: Spence will be given a 2 year deal, Taylor will be given a 6 month/1 year deal to prove his fitness.

Transfers out: Bart will be sold, Pitman will leave possibly in a small transfer fee or used in a swap deal for another player. I fear we may lose McGoldrick this summer as well for some reason.

Possible targets: Ward from Rotherham-this will go on all summer, only for us not to sign him. Watkins from Barnsley I can see coming in. I can see more lower league younger players coming in in the mould of Rowe etc that we can develop with a few experienced heads coming in for guidance-again it will be like this season where the fans want the younger lads played and Mick will persist with the more experienced players leading to more frustration.

Fans wise-I can see us selling 9-10K season tickets with gates around 12/13k a game. Maybe higher for the first few games but can see the same amount of apathy around the place next season as long as Mick is here. Think its going to be a long summer and 2017/2018 season!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

on 14:13 - Apr 25 with 793 views_

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:08 - Apr 25 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Ok then, going to do this head over heart then.......

Mick will stay and see out the remaining year of his contract and with a point to prove.

Players wise:
To be let go - Douglas, Best, Coke.
Bru & Digby will be told they are surplus to requirements and we will try and move them on to no avail. Berra will also be let go so he can get his move back up to Scotland.

Loan deals expiring: All to expire, we will pursue Huws but Cardiff will either want too much money or another Championship will beat us to his signature. We wont sign any of the other current loan players.

Short term deals: Spence will be given a 2 year deal, Taylor will be given a 6 month/1 year deal to prove his fitness.

Transfers out: Bart will be sold, Pitman will leave possibly in a small transfer fee or used in a swap deal for another player. I fear we may lose McGoldrick this summer as well for some reason.

Possible targets: Ward from Rotherham-this will go on all summer, only for us not to sign him. Watkins from Barnsley I can see coming in. I can see more lower league younger players coming in in the mould of Rowe etc that we can develop with a few experienced heads coming in for guidance-again it will be like this season where the fans want the younger lads played and Mick will persist with the more experienced players leading to more frustration.

Fans wise-I can see us selling 9-10K season tickets with gates around 12/13k a game. Maybe higher for the first few games but can see the same amount of apathy around the place next season as long as Mick is here. Think its going to be a long summer and 2017/2018 season!

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:20 - Apr 25 with 774 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

on 14:13 - Apr 25 by _

Definitely does not score enough but is often our best player when fit and in form IMO, recently he has been unplayable and is worth the entrance fee alone. When we played Leeds at home he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch that day.

For me though, he looks like he has been playing well to put himself in the shop window, much like Berra. I just get the feeling that he may be one of those on the move this summer as I have heard rumours that he is reportedly looking for a move to be closer to his family again. Time will tell I guess.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:25 - Apr 25 with 764 viewsuncle

Mick to stay, Bart to go. Various bit of dead-wood to be moved on, at least one of whom will score a wonder goal against us.

Town to sign a couple of exciting younger players, and several 29-34yr old good footballing men, who will generally over time replace the dead-wood.
I'd be amazed if we don't get a 30yr old forward who's scored something like 30 goals in 300 games on the off chance he has a murphy-esque wonder season.

Most (all) the younger players to not get a look in, the older players to establish themselves. One of the older players to be a pariah by October.

And we'll either grind our way to play-off contention, or flop miserably. Either way, micks football will revert to type.

If all goes well, mick will say "the fans love me now" in a sneering way, and if it goes wrong again, "the atmospheres been rubbish for over a year, what can you expect?".
With expletives. The bart money being re-invested in wages wont wash, and neither will the inevitable "but Evans invests 7 million a season" and the board will hit peak meltdown just after we've not signed anyone in January, followed by after-shock meltdowns, and various outbreaks of optimism based on young players being given a chance post-mick.

Town to be linked with several uninspiring mick replacements, and we'll cruise to anonymity. Again.

Party on!!!!!
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:25 - Apr 25 with 758 viewshype313

on 14:13 - Apr 25 by _

Derby would be stupid enough to chuck us £5m for him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:26 - Apr 25 with 758 viewsMaySixth

Great post on a noddy forum

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Login to get fewer ads

on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 758 views_

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:20 - Apr 25 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Definitely does not score enough but is often our best player when fit and in form IMO, recently he has been unplayable and is worth the entrance fee alone. When we played Leeds at home he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch that day.

For me though, he looks like he has been playing well to put himself in the shop window, much like Berra. I just get the feeling that he may be one of those on the move this summer as I have heard rumours that he is reportedly looking for a move to be closer to his family again. Time will tell I guess.

on 14:28 - Apr 25 with 756 views_

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:25 - Apr 25 by hype313

Derby would be stupid enough to chuck us £5m for him.

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 14:30 - Apr 25 with 755 viewshype313

on 14:28 - Apr 25 by _

Nope, just me being facetious.

Although I wouldn't put it past them!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024