Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. 10:12 - May 2 with 8775 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 14:54 - May 2 with 2966 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 12:47 - May 2 by No9

It wasn't good but it was not a train wreck.
She is always on the BBC so the public can see she aint up to it- why else do you think she was on with tory Andrew for years?

It was terrible.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 14:57 - May 2 with 2961 viewsGeoffSentence

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 14:50 - May 2 by The_Last_Baron

Listen to it.

Read the rest of the thread.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:00 - May 2 with 2964 viewsGunnsAirkick

I have little confidence in Abbott but a lot is being made of her gaffe. What about the issue of cuts to Police numbers?

I don't remember this being scrutinised as much the other day, but she's so robotic I guess someone thought she needed a reboot or something? http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-in-wales-britain-to-lead-the-world-in-
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:15 - May 2 with 2930 viewsGlasgowBlue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 14:57 - May 2 by GeoffSentence

Read the rest of the thread.

Geoff. You are normally very quick to respond to my posts but this one seems to have passed you by.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/404890/3602353/john-mcdonnell-with-a-rather-big-laps

Would you care to pass comment?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:16 - May 2 with 2928 viewsimsureazzure

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 13:34 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

It wasn't a train wreck?

And you now believe that the Labour shadow home secretary isn't up to the job and the only reason the media speak to her about the department she shadows is to show her up?

My dear old mum whos is 77, has been a labour member since she was old enough to join at 21, a former Labour activist in Bridge ward Ipswich and chosen to meet Roy Hattersley by Ken Weetch due to her services to the Labour party.

She is not voting Labour this time, she will spoil the ballot paper.

Labour are no longer the party of the real working class was one of her reasons.
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:34 - May 2 with 2900 viewsGeoffSentence

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:15 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

Geoff. You are normally very quick to respond to my posts but this one seems to have passed you by.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/404890/3602353/john-mcdonnell-with-a-rather-big-laps

Would you care to pass comment?

I have now passed comment, the delay was caused by an unfortunate need to do some work.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:40 - May 2 with 2883 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:00 - May 2 by GunnsAirkick

I have little confidence in Abbott but a lot is being made of her gaffe. What about the issue of cuts to Police numbers?

I don't remember this being scrutinised as much the other day, but she's so robotic I guess someone thought she needed a reboot or something? http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-in-wales-britain-to-lead-the-world-in-

Quite. Isn't it more important to discuss the issue in question?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:41 - May 2 with 2881 viewshype313

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:40 - May 2 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, but you need someone competent to do so.

Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:49 - May 2 with 2876 viewslowhouseblue

campaigning is a two stage process. first you have to convince voters that you are competent and credible (both in terms of leadership and in terms of economics). then, and only then, might people listen to you about detail. in truth very few people will decide how to vote on the basis of police numbers. what decides it is your credibility. that is why people have stopped listening to corbyn, abbott, mcdonnell & co. they have stopped listening to the point where abbott's contribution today is just very funny.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:50 - May 2 with 2869 viewsStokieBlue

Yes it's important.

However highlighting how totally unsuitable a possible future home secretary is to the role is just as important surely.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:02 - May 2 with 2846 viewsGunnsAirkick

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:49 - May 2 by lowhouseblue

campaigning is a two stage process. first you have to convince voters that you are competent and credible (both in terms of leadership and in terms of economics). then, and only then, might people listen to you about detail. in truth very few people will decide how to vote on the basis of police numbers. what decides it is your credibility. that is why people have stopped listening to corbyn, abbott, mcdonnell & co. they have stopped listening to the point where abbott's contribution today is just very funny.

It's a pretty big f**k up and made me wince, I am no fan of hers.

I know you aren't either but I'd like to think you're also as critical of the Prime Minister for completely swerving questions altogether and seemingly hiding from scrutiny.
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:08 - May 2 with 2837 viewsDeano69

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:23 - May 2 by Swansea_Blue

Bargain!

indeed, we'll take 50,000

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:14 - May 2 with 2822 viewsGlasgowBlue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:50 - May 2 by StokieBlue

Yes it's important.

However highlighting how totally unsuitable a possible future home secretary is to the role is just as important surely.

SB

The revised figures are now being questioned. They are based on what a police officer earns now so Abbot's figures over five years suggests a 5 year wage freeze.

Iron Lion Zion

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:15 - May 2 with 2821 viewslowhouseblue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:02 - May 2 by GunnsAirkick

It's a pretty big f**k up and made me wince, I am no fan of hers.

I know you aren't either but I'd like to think you're also as critical of the Prime Minister for completely swerving questions altogether and seemingly hiding from scrutiny.

yes I am certainly no fan of mays. but holding her to account or challenging her won't happen without an opposition that people believe could replace her. it's a non-contest and we're past the point of it mattering (in terms of the election) what may says or does. there is no vaguely credible alternative.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:16 - May 2 with 2820 viewsLord_Lucan

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 15:50 - May 2 by StokieBlue

Yes it's important.

SB

I was planning on voting Labour for the very first time in my life but after listening to that I really can't bring myself to do it.

She is incredibly stupid and her boss is an incredible jerk.

I will spoil my papers - as I seem to be doing more often than not of late.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:18 - May 2 with 2810 viewslowhouseblue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:14 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

The revised figures are now being questioned. They are based on what a police officer earns now so Abbot's figures over five years suggests a 5 year wage freeze.

it's been costed in the sense that someone has asked what does a PCSO earn and what's that figure times 10,000. after a lot of head scratching one of them has worked out how to use the calculator on their phone and that's the figure they're quoting. it's amateur hour.

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:19 - May 2 with 2809 viewsStokieBlue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:14 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

About 9% out then at the 5 year point.

To be honest I am not sure that's the biggest of their worries. People will start looking into all the various pledges and commitments and trying and find the funding soon enough.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:25 - May 2 with 2797 viewsLord_Lucan

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:48 - May 2 by chicoazul

Harry and Paul was so great.

Forget how much a miss them.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:26 - May 2 with 2795 viewsGlasgowBlue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:19 - May 2 by StokieBlue

About 9% out then at the 5 year point.

To be honest I am not sure that's the biggest of their worries. People will start looking into all the various pledges and commitments and trying and find the funding soon enough.

SB

They need to find another £50 million from corporation tax. It's as if they see corporation tax as a magic money tree.

Iron Lion Zion

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:58 - May 2 with 2764 viewsCoastalblue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:26 - May 2 by GlasgowBlue

They need to find another £50 million from corporation tax. It's as if they see corporation tax as a magic money tree.

Well the alledged expert on the radio this morning seemed to think there would be an additional £130M required to fund training and kit, which apprently is designated to come out of the already stretched budgets so the Police will actually be worse off, albeit with a number of extra officers in just their underpants available.

The point that keeps getting made is that the Police need increased funding rather than increased numbers but 10K extra PC's makes for a nice soundbite and sums up the sad state of politics in this country.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 17:31 - May 2 with 2743 viewsjas0999

A complete shambles. Everything is scrutinised during a general election. Abbott should know that. No excuse. This is a howler, which will continue to cost Labour votes.
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 17:42 - May 2 with 2723 viewsLazymidfielder

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 16:58 - May 2 by Coastalblue

Well the alledged expert on the radio this morning seemed to think there would be an additional £130M required to fund training and kit, which apprently is designated to come out of the already stretched budgets so the Police will actually be worse off, albeit with a number of extra officers in just their underpants available.

The point that keeps getting made is that the Police need increased funding rather than increased numbers but 10K extra PC's makes for a nice soundbite and sums up the sad state of politics in this country.

Plus NI and pensions. Cars, supervision, more senior officers etc.

Figure is presumably nearer 500m all told?

Has there been a rise in crime of significance?
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 22:15 - May 2 with 2643 viewsVic

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 14:10 - May 2 by hype313

You can see her dying inside.

Watch it with the sound turned down and watch her breathing and swallowing. She's dying a thousand deaths listening to that!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 22:28 - May 2 with 2635 viewsMJallday

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:40 - May 2 by connorscontract

I like the way she says " C O O O O O S S S S S T T T T T " with extra emphasis to buy thinking time.

And the sound effects of rustling paper as her minion passed her their calculations: almost BBC Radiophonic workshop quality.

But the real question is:

Who should be sacked? The experienced politician or the intern who failed to fully cost a new policy correctly at 3 seconds notice?

So, dear electorate, your choice is between a car-crash Prime Minister and a train crash Opposition. May is proving herself to be not quite up to the job of Brexit negotiations, but then Corbyn has proved himself not quite up to the job of picking and motivating and retaining a decent team to do the job.

I never tbought I would say this, but I'd have John Major back in a heart-beat, right now.

youve forgotten secret option (c)

by the time labour get in power, theyll only be paying coppers 8k a year

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 08:52 - May 3 with 2539 viewshype313

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 17:42 - May 2 by Lazymidfielder

Plus NI and pensions. Cars, supervision, more senior officers etc.

Figure is presumably nearer 500m all told?

Has there been a rise in crime of significance?

Yep, the ex cheif Met officer was on Sky News last night saying you can't just say £30k for every additional officer, you have to take into account seniority and other positions that would command more, NI, equipment, resource with employment etc all told he said £400m minimum.

He also added it's not just about thousands of bobbies on the beat, if we are experiencing lots of cyber crime, then bobbies on the beat are pointless, you would be better served employing computer science graduates, if there was other crime you would need more forensic scientist.

It's back of a fag packet policy just announcing these numbers. 10k more officers, 4 more bank holidays, higher taxation on corporates, all great soundbites, all great election promises but the British electorate isn't that thick, they want to know how it's all being costed.

When Blair came to power there manifesto was stressed tested to the hilt, months, even years so no holes could be picked in their numbers. This current Labour party is a bog standard protest movement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024