Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There should be a law against this... 23:17 - May 8 with 1730 viewswkj

Living in a flat has many challenges, and to keep this short, lets assume the police are staffed enough to act on the following.

Make too much noise, the police will be called

So I have a neighbour who cooks at 1130pm at night. Okay, nice smelling stuff is pleasant, but we are talking burnt eggs and off cheese, plus add the stench of burning- its basically like burnt birdseye meaty discs every night since the new tennant move in.

Honestly i think that smell is more potent senses of the lot of em, especially when something is nasty - but does the law cover smell like it does Sound?

Yes obviously if there was the smell of carrion they would be over in a flash im sure- but i really am at a loss of how to tell my neighbour his cooking is sh*t and 11:30pm is not a great time for it.

Any Advice? J2Blue how do your neighbours approach you when you get out the frying pan?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

There should be a law against this... on 23:20 - May 8 with 1695 viewsNewcyBlue

I think you are the first of J2's neighbours to post about it to be honest.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

There should be a law against this... on 23:39 - May 8 with 1636 viewsRocky

You just need to raise your game and out-smell him.
Kippers at 3 am should do it.
There should be a law against this... on 06:34 - May 9 with 1543 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Work from home, and flat above has been completely gutted. They've been doing work on it for 3 months now. They gutted it once, rebuilt, then decided they didn't like the rebuild and gutted it again. It's been a nightmare, so understand.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

There should be a law against this... on 08:03 - May 9 with 1410 viewsnbsiyag

Have a quiet friendly type word with the new neighbours. Ask if they are settling in OK. Mention that sounds and cooking smells do travel easily from flat to flat in the building , particularly late at night. Say that if they could bear this in mind it would be greatly appreciated. If this does not work, ask other neighbours if they are also affected and then refer to the block manager to ask they be formally required to comply with the lease conditions. Every lease has an implied covenant to allow neighbours quiet enjoyment
There should be a law against this... on 08:40 - May 9 with 1357 viewsGeoffSentence

Every night at 11pm order a pizza for your neighbour. No more need for them to cook.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024