Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marley Watkins 09:35 - May 11 with 3573 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Doesn't sound like this deal will come off according to Butcher.

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/marley-watkins-former-manager-believes-i

We wont be able to compete with the likes of Celtic etc. unfortunately. Could be a long frustrating summer again. Need Evans to dig deep!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Marley Watkins on 09:41 - May 11 with 3513 viewsStenvict

Unfortunately, I think we may need be buying players as the majority of decent players available on a free will be too expensive for us.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Marley Watkins on 10:10 - May 11 with 3375 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Burnley also apparently interested, would say we have 0% with this one then unfortunately.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Marley Watkins on 11:22 - May 11 with 3201 viewsFreddy

Marley Watkins on 10:10 - May 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Burnley also apparently interested, would say we have 0% with this one then unfortunately.

Loads of clubs interested in him
Marley Watkins on 11:53 - May 11 with 3130 viewsTIB

Well this is depressing. Watkins looks a talent and the sort of player we could do with on the flanks. Pacey, decent delivery and gets a few goals / has the ability to play up top.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Marley Watkins on 12:02 - May 11 with 3083 viewstheblueginger

Marley Watkins on 11:53 - May 11 by TIB

Well this is depressing. Watkins looks a talent and the sort of player we could do with on the flanks. Pacey, decent delivery and gets a few goals / has the ability to play up top.

Danny Ward is very a similar player and the same age, so as long as we someone of similar mould i will be happy
Marley Watkins on 15:19 - May 11 with 2803 viewsFreddy

Marley Watkins on 11:53 - May 11 by TIB

Forest have also declared their interest as have Norwich so he's in demand
Marley Watkins on 15:23 - May 11 with 2785 viewstaximan

Marley Watkins on 12:02 - May 11 by theblueginger

Danny Ward is very a similar player and the same age, so as long as we someone of similar mould i will be happy

i thought ward was a target man type and watkins more of a wide player ?

only going by what has been posted on here
Marley Watkins on 16:01 - May 11 with 2711 viewsTIB

Marley Watkins on 15:23 - May 11 by taximan

That's what I thought too, and when I've seen both play, they've occupied said positions. I do think Watkins can play up top but is better suited out wide.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

Marley Watkins on 16:18 - May 11 with 2656 viewstheblueginger

Marley Watkins on 15:23 - May 11 by taximan

Ward played much of his career at Huddersfield on the wing, but has moved inside more at Rotherham. He runs the channels well and has good off the ball movement. Isn't the biggest but his athleticism allows him to compete in the air. Also got a powerful shot on his left foot.

So not a target man in the same way as Hugill is, more an all-round forward who i think would work very well in front of/next to DMG
[Post edited 11 May 2017 16:18]
Marley Watkins on 16:25 - May 11 with 2625 viewsPhilTWTD

Marley Watkins on 10:10 - May 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I seem to recall when we played at Barnsley their media said he'd suggested he had Premier League clubs after him in January.
Marley Watkins on 16:34 - May 11 with 2592 viewstheblueginger

Marley Watkins on 16:25 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

I seem to recall when we played at Barnsley their media said he'd suggested he had Premier League clubs after him in January.

Phil did we actually ever make a concrete bid for either Watkins or Ward in Jan like we did with Hugill?
Marley Watkins on 16:52 - May 11 with 2529 viewstheblueginger

Marley Watkins on 15:19 - May 11 by Freddy

Forest have also declared their interest as have Norwich so he's in demand

He's been mentioned with joining Leeds in the recent past too... i'd say we might as well move on at this point.
Marley Watkins on 17:04 - May 11 with 2489 viewsPhilTWTD

Marley Watkins on 16:34 - May 11 by theblueginger

Phil did we actually ever make a concrete bid for either Watkins or Ward in Jan like we did with Hugill?

Don't know about Watkins in January - although we did in August - but pretty sure we did for Ward.
Marley Watkins on 17:09 - May 11 with 2464 viewsHarry_Palmer

We had our chance to get him last summer but as usual we wouldn't pay the money required. I expect he, along with Hugill will go on to be a real players elsewhere and worth 2-3 times what we would have paid.

This is where I have some sympathy with MM, it seems he can certainly identify a player but is constantly let down by lack of backing /ambition from the owner.
Marley Watkins on 17:13 - May 11 with 2452 viewsPhilTWTD

Marley Watkins on 17:09 - May 11 by Harry_Palmer

We had our chance to get him last summer but as usual we wouldn't pay the money required. I expect he, along with Hugill will go on to be a real players elsewhere and worth 2-3 times what we would have paid.

This is where I have some sympathy with MM, it seems he can certainly identify a player but is constantly let down by lack of backing /ambition from the owner.

Think it was more the case Barnsley weren't prepared to sell full stop as they'd already sold several other players - and received a big sell-on for John Stones - by the point we approached them after Murphy's departure.
Marley Watkins on 17:15 - May 11 with 2444 viewstheblueginger

Marley Watkins on 17:04 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Don't know about Watkins in January - although we did in August - but pretty sure we did for Ward.

Makes you wonder who MM would sign out of the 3 now if he had the opportunity. From what I've seen my choice would be Ward.
Marley Watkins on 17:16 - May 11 with 2435 viewsHarryWright

Dammit, was hoping for this signing. Would be like Marley and ME.
Marley Watkins on 17:35 - May 11 with 2385 viewsPhilTWTD

Marley Watkins on 17:15 - May 11 by theblueginger

Makes you wonder who MM would sign out of the 3 now if he had the opportunity. From what I've seen my choice would be Ward.

I'd probably go along with that. Certainly Ward and Hugill are strikers first and foremost whereas Watkins is primarily a wide player.
Marley Watkins on 17:43 - May 11 with 2354 viewsjas0999

The reason we are signing players from non league is because it's cheap wages. Division one sides will spend more than us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024