Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWFC Chairman 04:54 - May 19 with 6543 viewsWednesdayJon

Excuse me posting this on your board, but I think it relevant to the views many of you hold regarding ME's perceived disconnect with you, the Ipswich Town 'family'.

Wednesday's chairman posted this on the club's website last evening, following our defeat to Huddersfield the previous evening:

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/dejphon-chansiri-club-statement-37202

Obviously, it may just be very cleverly scripted spin, but this guy certainly does seem to be a master of both timing and of communication - of 'saying the right thing' if you like!. As a Wednesdayite, at the moment, I really do feel that we may be one of the luckier clubs in foreign ownership.

I do know that only time will tell though!
SWFC Chairman on 05:01 - May 19 with 5612 viewsIllinoisblue

How rich is your owner and where/how did he make his money? Your forwards alone must be costing a fortune in wages.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

SWFC Chairman on 05:33 - May 19 with 5569 viewsWednesdayJon

SWFC Chairman on 05:01 - May 19 by Illinoisblue

How rich is your owner and where/how did he make his money? Your forwards alone must be costing a fortune in wages.

I'm not sure how wealthy he is, but clearly he's put his money where his mouth is since he took over. He/his family are connected with Thai Union Group (formerly Thai Union Frozen Products). Largely frozen fish I believe. Truthfully, I'm not clever enough to understand the findings if I were to try and work out how minted he is.

I don't know whether he or his company/ies are wealthier than ME and his commercial enterprises. Probably not!

And I'm sure the world of frozen fish is as murky and lacking in transparency as the global leisure/ticketing industry is. But we are all stuck with what we are stuck with aren't we?

As far as his commitment to Wednesday, I bet we are STILL a way away from the top of the food chain re: wages in the Championship. Our ticket prices have risen dramatically in the past year or two, they may even have surged higher than those of Ipswich Town? He justifies this with the need to stay within FFP rules, such as they are. Also, during his short tenure, our commercial revenues have also been improved considerably, from a very low base for such a (historically) relatively large club.

But as I say, he's put his money where his mouth is. For me, as a fan, I've seen nothing YET to cause me to think that we are heading to hell in a handcart . . . . But if we fail to get promoted in the next few years, he could well lose interest and stop the funding. Who knows?

But in the meantime, he has instilled a bit of forward momentum back into the place.
SWFC Chairman on 05:34 - May 19 with 5561 viewsitfctilidie

cheers for that. See you next year
SWFC Chairman on 05:44 - May 19 with 5531 viewsWednesdayJon

SWFC Chairman on 05:34 - May 19 by itfctilidie

cheers for that. See you next year

Yep - and both challenging near the top I hope!
SWFC Chairman on 05:45 - May 19 with 5524 viewsBenters

SWFC Chairman on 05:33 - May 19 by WednesdayJon

I'm not sure how wealthy he is, but clearly he's put his money where his mouth is since he took over. He/his family are connected with Thai Union Group (formerly Thai Union Frozen Products). Largely frozen fish I believe. Truthfully, I'm not clever enough to understand the findings if I were to try and work out how minted he is.

I don't know whether he or his company/ies are wealthier than ME and his commercial enterprises. Probably not!

And I'm sure the world of frozen fish is as murky and lacking in transparency as the global leisure/ticketing industry is. But we are all stuck with what we are stuck with aren't we?

As far as his commitment to Wednesday, I bet we are STILL a way away from the top of the food chain re: wages in the Championship. Our ticket prices have risen dramatically in the past year or two, they may even have surged higher than those of Ipswich Town? He justifies this with the need to stay within FFP rules, such as they are. Also, during his short tenure, our commercial revenues have also been improved considerably, from a very low base for such a (historically) relatively large club.

But as I say, he's put his money where his mouth is. For me, as a fan, I've seen nothing YET to cause me to think that we are heading to hell in a handcart . . . . But if we fail to get promoted in the next few years, he could well lose interest and stop the funding. Who knows?

But in the meantime, he has instilled a bit of forward momentum back into the place.

Exciting times ba.

Good luck for next season.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

SWFC Chairman on 05:51 - May 19 with 5517 viewsWednesdayJon

SWFC Chairman on 05:45 - May 19 by Benters

Exciting times ba.

Good luck for next season.

Cheers Benters,. . . an' same to thee owd lad
SWFC Chairman on 06:08 - May 19 with 5481 viewsbrogansnose

Firstly WJ, sorry you didn't get to Wembley, although, I've got no ire against Hudds who in my book are doing some good things on and off the pitch. I've got mates who support Wednesday and I know how they felt especially because once upon a time it took us four goes at getting up via the playoffs. I'm confident that it will happen for you and that when you do go up you'll stay there.

Thanks for the link and that's something that we would never had got from our illustrious owner. Ipswich need re-invigorating from top to botttom on and off the pitch which I don't feel is that difficult, we don't expect the moon, we know what we are, we just all need a bit of hope and not to be taken for mugs.

Anyway, speaking selfishly, I'm looking forward to coming up to Hillsborough next season and we'll do our best to do that lot at Bumhole Lane.

You're always more than wellcome on here WJ, all the best fella.
SWFC Chairman on 06:27 - May 19 with 5426 viewsBenters

SWFC Chairman on 06:08 - May 19 by brogansnose

Firstly WJ, sorry you didn't get to Wembley, although, I've got no ire against Hudds who in my book are doing some good things on and off the pitch. I've got mates who support Wednesday and I know how they felt especially because once upon a time it took us four goes at getting up via the playoffs. I'm confident that it will happen for you and that when you do go up you'll stay there.

Thanks for the link and that's something that we would never had got from our illustrious owner. Ipswich need re-invigorating from top to botttom on and off the pitch which I don't feel is that difficult, we don't expect the moon, we know what we are, we just all need a bit of hope and not to be taken for mugs.

Anyway, speaking selfishly, I'm looking forward to coming up to Hillsborough next season and we'll do our best to do that lot at Bumhole Lane.

Indeed its not much to ask for is it.

That is my biggest gripe,those in charge mugging me off,and they know they are doing it.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

SWFC Chairman on 07:01 - May 19 with 5310 viewshomer_123

SWFC Chairman on 06:27 - May 19 by Benters

Indeed its not much to ask for is it.

That is my biggest gripe,those in charge mugging me off,and they know they are doing it.

How are you being mugged off Benters?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

SWFC Chairman on 07:13 - May 19 with 5271 viewschristiand

Think this shows a bit of class and the filip the supporters need after a disappointing result. Whether scripted or not, that is exactly the sort of statement that ME could be advised to come out with after our disappointing season. Naturally, he won't as it requires good leadership to deliver such a statement and the one thing you can rely on with Marcus Evans is the ability to be massively underwhelmed.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

SWFC Chairman on 07:25 - May 19 with 5199 viewshomer_123

SWFC Chairman on 07:13 - May 19 by christiand

Think this shows a bit of class and the filip the supporters need after a disappointing result. Whether scripted or not, that is exactly the sort of statement that ME could be advised to come out with after our disappointing season. Naturally, he won't as it requires good leadership to deliver such a statement and the one thing you can rely on with Marcus Evans is the ability to be massively underwhelmed.

Are you really interested in what ME has to say? What difference would a 'statement' actually make? Would you be happier about the season if ME said it was a bit rubbish and it hurts him a little bit?

I can't speak for others but I am far more interested in actions than words but maybe that is just me.

SWFC Chairman on 07:31 - May 19 with 5164 viewsWednesdayJon

SWFC Chairman on 06:08 - May 19 by brogansnose

Cheers mate.
& Me neither, re Huddersfield. . . . . Of the four play-off hopefuls, if it couldn't be us, I really do hope that that they beat Reading and get to the Premier league.
We are all football fans at the end of the day, and it's fantastic for a club so long in the relative doldrums, as Huddersfield have been, to get their chance of dining at the top table for a bit.

And yes, PLEASE do your, sorry the, business at The Stain
[Post edited 19 May 2017 7:35]
SWFC Chairman on 07:36 - May 19 with 5127 viewsBenters

SWFC Chairman on 07:01 - May 19 by homer_123

How are you being mugged off Benters?

Paying oneof the highest on the gate ticket prices and getting served up dross.

Signing players from The Dog and Duck for £10k.

Fancy a pint and a pie at half time? no chance.

Gentlybentley

SWFC Chairman on 07:36 - May 19 with 5129 viewschristiand

SWFC Chairman on 07:25 - May 19 by homer_123

Are you really interested in what ME has to say? What difference would a 'statement' actually make? Would you be happier about the season if ME said it was a bit rubbish and it hurts him a little bit?

I can't speak for others but I am far more interested in actions than words but maybe that is just me.

If he came out with a statement, it would underline his intent. Many, including me, have said he doesn't care and lost interest in the club. Nevertheless, when you read Wednesday's chairman closing sentence: 'Football is in my blood, Wednesday is in my heart.' You can't help to feel proud knowing you have a chairman who wants the best for the club. It just provides something for the fans to believe and hang their hats on. I think ME's actions speak quite loudly already, if truth be told.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

SWFC Chairman on 07:38 - May 19 with 5117 viewsSteve_M

It's relevant, thanks for posting. Sometimes I think we can get stuck in an ITFC bubble and context is important, both when it shows us up in a good light relative to other clubs and a bad one.

It's the right sentiment though, something we don't really here from ME but that David Sheepshanks as Chairman, whatever his other failings, could usually manage very well. There is nothing quite like that play-offs for the feeling you're going to win, right until the instant you can't - and we're yet to lose in them on penalties!

From the outside, you lot seem to have the momentum to have a really good run at promotion again next year and, at least when you do get there, moments like this week will just make it all the sweeter (the same goes for us, except I can't be sure we'll ever get up again at the moment). My personal; prediction is Daryl Murphy ending up with you lot if he leaves Newcastle.

Anyway, all the best for next season - I'm looking forward to a Sheffield Derby on Sky with both teams on the up - and stay around on here, informed outsiders are always welcome.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

SWFC Chairman on 07:39 - May 19 with 5111 viewshomer_123

SWFC Chairman on 07:36 - May 19 by christiand

If he came out with a statement, it would underline his intent. Many, including me, have said he doesn't care and lost interest in the club. Nevertheless, when you read Wednesday's chairman closing sentence: 'Football is in my blood, Wednesday is in my heart.' You can't help to feel proud knowing you have a chairman who wants the best for the club. It just provides something for the fans to believe and hang their hats on. I think ME's actions speak quite loudly already, if truth be told.

So this wasn't enough of a statement for you then?

http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/marcus-evans-mick-mccarthy-ipswich-to

SWFC Chairman on 07:41 - May 19 with 5095 viewshomer_123

SWFC Chairman on 07:36 - May 19 by Benters

Paying oneof the highest on the gate ticket prices and getting served up dross.

Signing players from The Dog and Duck for £10k.

Fancy a pint and a pie at half time? no chance.

I thought you didn't go anymore?

SWFC Chairman on 07:41 - May 19 with 5097 viewsReuser_is_God

Very good.

Quick question, you've been 'on you way' now for 2 years; where exactly are you going?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

SWFC Chairman on 07:55 - May 19 with 5029 viewsWednesdayJon

SWFC Chairman on 07:41 - May 19 by Reuser_is_God

Very good.

Quick question, you've been 'on you way' now for 2 years; where exactly are you going?

No idea. Football fans parrot nonsensical rubbish don't we!

But on the other hand, as you asked:

In the opposite direction to you judging by the majority of posters on here.
SWFC Chairman on 07:57 - May 19 with 5014 viewsReuser_is_God

SWFC Chairman on 07:55 - May 19 by WednesdayJon

No idea. Football fans parrot nonsensical rubbish don't we!

But on the other hand, as you asked:

In the opposite direction to you judging by the majority of posters on here.

No, because we're the finest football team the world has ever seen!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

SWFC Chairman on 08:17 - May 19 with 4909 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

SWFC Chairman on 05:51 - May 19 by WednesdayJon

Cheers Benters,. . . an' same to thee owd lad

He's 12 !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

SWFC Chairman on 08:49 - May 19 with 4787 viewsemergencylime

I've a good few Wednesday fans (and the other lot) from my 5 years in Sheffield, so tend to follow the fortunes of the Owls.
I was expecting a Fulham v Wednesday final, but it wasn't to be. Reading seem to repeating their feat several years ago of subtly rising up the table and finding form at the key time.
Before I go off topic, I think it is important for someone who decides to own a football club to strike the right balance between OTT (Cellini, Tan), and silent (ME). It seems from the sentiment of Wednesday fans that your chairman is getting it right, though that may be swayed by a very positive season.
Great kit this season by the way! All the best for 17/18.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

SWFC Chairman on 10:42 - May 19 with 4560 viewsDeano69

SWFC Chairman on 07:39 - May 19 by homer_123

So this wasn't enough of a statement for you then?

http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/marcus-evans-mick-mccarthy-ipswich-to

I am sorry, but

"Marcus Evans is entering his 10th year as the owner of Ipswich Town. In that time he has spent close on £100m on fulfilling his ambition of returning Premier League football to Portman Road."

- is utter bollox.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

SWFC Chairman on 10:57 - May 19 with 4506 viewsSonOfSpock

This only goes to prove the disconnect between Evans and Town.

Much respect to the swfc chairman.
SWFC Chairman on 11:25 - May 19 with 4463 viewsWestSussexBlue

Wow, Marcus Evans take note.
This is all we wish for. Honest open communication with us the lifeblood of our wonderful club.
This statement is reminiscent of the Sheepshank day's and although it's clear Evans will never be as passionate about Town as Sheepy was we need transparency and respect.
Good on Wednesday, I'd hoped they go up but there club appears to be a credit to their supporters so we'll enjoy the fixtures next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024