Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links 21:28 - May 19 with 36773 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing to see here.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/19/exclusive-mi5-opened-file-jeremy-corb

[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:43]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:04 - May 22 with 2024 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:57 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

that's a spectacularly random bit of whatabouterry you've got there.

what's your take on corbyn voting against the anglo irish agreement? why did he do it and how did it help the peace process? you must have an explanation.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 15:02]

You are expecting your questions to be answered?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:05 - May 22 with 2031 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:56 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You can bring as much whatabouttery into this as you want. In the 1970's, 80's and 90's, Jeremy Corbyn was a vocal supporter of the IRA.

And you can say it is getting tedious but each time somebody replies do you expect me to ignore it, and then get "no comment glassers" or reply?

I don't see any complaining from you about the murderous Loyalist groups.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:07 - May 22 with 2023 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:04 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You are expecting your questions to be answered?

it's an interesting question isn't it. they're trying to say he was only sucking up to the ira murderers to promote peace and yet he voted against the first stage in the peace process. seems odd to me.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:08 - May 22 with 2006 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:05 - May 22 by Archer4721

I don't see any complaining from you about the murderous Loyalist groups.

Other than referring to them as utter scum on here?

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:09 - May 22 with 2008 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:58 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You lol'd at me taking it too seriously. Stop trying to spin it any other way.

Typical politician you are Glassers

It's a shame as away from the political stuff on here, you're a decent geezer it seems

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:17 - May 22 with 1994 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:08 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Other than referring to them as utter scum on here?

Really? "Utter Scum".

The Tories have supported them for over 100 years and of course you're fine with that.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 15:17]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:36 - May 22 with 1966 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:58 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You lol'd at me taking it too seriously. Stop trying to spin it any other way.

I'd stop digging if I were you. We can only see the top of your head now.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:27 - May 22 with 1923 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 13:01 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Unequivocal would be "I condemn the bombings of the IRA"

He wasn't asked about the loyalists.

Login to get fewer ads

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:44 - May 22 with 1900 viewsnoggin

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:27 - May 22 by Archer4721

Yeah but, no but, yeah but.. He didn't say that anyway coz ya know the Daily Mail? They said he was a terrorist and didn't sing god save the quenn and that's why I can't vote for him. 😂

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:56 - May 22 with 1883 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:44 - May 22 by noggin

Yeah but, no but, yeah but.. He didn't say that anyway coz ya know the Daily Mail? They said he was a terrorist and didn't sing god save the quenn and that's why I can't vote for him. 😂

Poor Glassers. We shouldn't mock but he's really getting desperate now.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:58 - May 22 with 1879 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:27 - May 22 by Archer4721

Interesting how you said that half hour ago.

He's replied within minutes to everything else on this thread (other than when he swerved dollys question) but has not for this one.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's offline.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:04 - May 22 with 1869 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:58 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

He's replied within minutes to everything else on this thread (other than when he swerved dollys question) but has not for this one.

I think he's gone for a lie down.

It's gone from bad to worse for him on here today and you know how serious he takes it on here Rommers
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:07 - May 22 with 1856 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:07 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

it's an interesting question isn't it. they're trying to say he was only sucking up to the ira murderers to promote peace and yet he voted against the first stage in the peace process. seems odd to me.

no one wants to answer.

ok. corbyn voted against the anglo irish agreement because he didn't want the ira and sinn fein to compromise on their objectives. as the good friday agreement proved, peace could only come when the ira and sinn fein compromised on their objectives. in voting against the anglo irish agreement corbyn was supporting the ira's refusal, at that time, to take part in any peace process.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:13 - May 22 with 1840 viewsClapham_Junction

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:07 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

no one wants to answer.

ok. corbyn voted against the anglo irish agreement because he didn't want the ira and sinn fein to compromise on their objectives. as the good friday agreement proved, peace could only come when the ira and sinn fein compromised on their objectives. in voting against the anglo irish agreement corbyn was supporting the ira's refusal, at that time, to take part in any peace process.

In the debate in Parliament he stated that he was against it because it ran contrary to his belief in a united Ireland.

Perhaps also worth mentioning that the agreement was also heavily opposed by the Unionists, whose MPs all resigned from Parliament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Irish_Agreement#Unionist_and_Loyalist_opposi
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:14 - May 22 with 1829 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:07 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

no one wants to answer.

Ok I'll try.

The only thing that seems odd is your obsession with Corbyn dragging up rubbish about him when there really isn't anything there. It's because of his efforts and the efforts of others in the Labour Party that we now have a lasting peace.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:20 - May 22 with 1806 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:14 - May 22 by Archer4721

Ok I'll try.

The only thing that seems odd is your obsession with Corbyn dragging up rubbish about him when there really isn't anything there. It's because of his efforts and the efforts of others in the Labour Party that we now have a lasting peace.

well that isn't an answer to the question - the question was why did corbyn vote against the angle irish agreement.

i've just demonstrated that his vote against the anglo irish agreement is an example of corbyn working against peace in northern ireland.

the idea that corbyn's efforts led to peace is a sick joke.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:20 - May 22 with 1803 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:13 - May 22 by Clapham_Junction

In the debate in Parliament he stated that he was against it because it ran contrary to his belief in a united Ireland.

Perhaps also worth mentioning that the agreement was also heavily opposed by the Unionists, whose MPs all resigned from Parliament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Irish_Agreement#Unionist_and_Loyalist_opposi

and yet, as the good friday agreement proves, peace could only come when the demand for a united ireland was dropped. corbyn helped sustain the ira in their demand for longer than might otherwise have been needed.

isn't wikipedia great.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 17:25]

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:24 - May 22 with 1786 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:20 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

well that isn't an answer to the question - the question was why did corbyn vote against the angle irish agreement.

i've just demonstrated that his vote against the anglo irish agreement is an example of corbyn working against peace in northern ireland.

the idea that corbyn's efforts led to peace is a sick joke.

As someone who has fought for peaceful resolutions all his political life, I very much doubt he voted against it because he was against peace in Northern Ireland.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:24 - May 22 with 1781 viewsmonytowbray

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:56 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You can bring as much whatabouttery into this as you want. In the 1970's, 80's and 90's, Jeremy Corbyn was a vocal supporter of the IRA.

And you can say it is getting tedious but each time somebody replies do you expect me to ignore it, and then get "no comment glassers" or reply?

"You can bring as much whatabouttery into this as you want. In the 1970's, 80's and 90's, Jeremy Corbyn was a vocal supporter of the IRA. "

Not like you to remove context or facts to support your point.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:28 - May 22 with 1763 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

and yet, as the good friday agreement proves, peace could only come when the demand for a united ireland was dropped. corbyn helped sustain the ira in their demand for longer than might otherwise have been needed.

isn't wikipedia great.

Meanwhile in 2017...............!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:32 - May 22 with 1745 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:28 - May 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Meanwhile in 2017...............!!

As he loves history so much.

Michael Portillo: Tory support for loyalist rising was ‘dark period’ in party history

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/michael-portillo-tory-support-for-loyalist-risi
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:32 - May 22 with 1745 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:24 - May 22 by Dolly2.0

As someone who has fought for peaceful resolutions all his political life, I very much doubt he voted against it because he was against peace in Northern Ireland.

he voted against the anglo irish agreement because he didn't want the ira to compromise. but compromise was the key to achieving peace.

the idea that corbyn has worked for peace is laughable. the best you can say is that he has spent 30 years as a backbench non-entity.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:33 - May 22 with 1739 viewsmonytowbray

isn't wikipedia great.

I've been researching it and most of what I can find either says RAAAAR CORBYN OPPOSED IT HE LOVES THE IRA AND HATES PEACE and the other side has valid and reasonable points as to why he opposed it.

http://www.corbynanswers.com/84/why-did-corbyn-refuse-to-sign-the-good-friday-ag
From what I can gather from that link (and some other sources I read) the agreement seemed to favour Thatcher more than Ireland.

Reminds me of when everyone pro a living wage opposed Osbourne's proposal and the usual lot claimed we were whingers who were never happy. The reality was Osbourne's proposal was not a living wage at all but a nice made-up spin by the Tories.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:34 - May 22 with 1733 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:58 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Working actually. He did not unequivocally condemn the IRA. Corbyn brought in "both sides who laid the bombs". He was asked specifically to condemn the IRA.

Anyway, moving on. Each one of you contributions to this thread has been to criticise my posting style. This is becoming a feature for you lately, whether it be me or other posters.

You rarely give an opinion on the subject. Just the posters involved.

So some questions for you:

Do you believe that somebody who shares a platform with IRA bombers, stands for a minute's silence for dead IRA bombers and praises both their cause and their murderers, is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who says "I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a united Ireland" is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who invites representatives of IRA bombers to the House of Commons, against the wishes of the Labour leader, just weeks after they have murdered 5 innocent people is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who shares a stage with a wanted IRA murderer who is on the run from the British police is showing support?

Do you believe that a man who is on the editorial board of Labour London Briefing that published an article praising the Brighton bombing, a joke saying “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.” and another that mocked Norman Tebbit who was dug out of the rubble of the Grand Hotel, saying: “Try riding your bike now, Norman.” is showing support?

Instead of giving another critique on my posting style how about answering those questions and giving me an honest opinion.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:35 - May 22 with 1733 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:32 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

he voted against the anglo irish agreement because he didn't want the ira to compromise. but compromise was the key to achieving peace.

the idea that corbyn has worked for peace is laughable. the best you can say is that he has spent 30 years as a backbench non-entity.

You really are deluded and haven't a clue as to how these things work do you.

So would you prefer there was no peace in Ireland now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024