Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links 21:28 - May 19 with 36769 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing to see here.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/19/exclusive-mi5-opened-file-jeremy-corb

[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:43]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:35 - May 22 with 1335 viewsmonytowbray

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:32 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

he voted against the anglo irish agreement because he didn't want the ira to compromise. but compromise was the key to achieving peace.

the idea that corbyn has worked for peace is laughable. the best you can say is that he has spent 30 years as a backbench non-entity.

Why should the have IRA compromised? The IRA were fighting the fact they'd been forced to compromise as second class citizens in their own country.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:37 - May 22 with 1329 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:20 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

well that isn't an answer to the question - the question was why did corbyn vote against the angle irish agreement.

i've just demonstrated that his vote against the anglo irish agreement is an example of corbyn working against peace in northern ireland.

the idea that corbyn's efforts led to peace is a sick joke.

Would it be a crime to be in favour of a united Ireland ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:39 - May 22 with 1328 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:35 - May 22 by monytowbray

Why should the have IRA compromised? The IRA were fighting the fact they'd been forced to compromise as second class citizens in their own country.

Well there you go. Out of the mouths of babes. "Why should the IRA have compromised"?

You have just perfectly summed up Jezza's position whilst at the same time excused every murder by the IRA after 1985.

Congratulations. That takes some doing in so few words.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:40 - May 22 with 1328 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:35 - May 22 by monytowbray

they did compromise in the end - against the strong opposition of mcdonnell in particular. the ira leadership had to ask the government to get mcdonnell to back off because he was stirring up hard line opposition to the good friday agreement (which he of course voted against). the only way peace would ever come was through that compromise.

to answer your question: the ira should have compromised because it was the only way to achieve peace. are you also opposed to the good friday agreement?
[Post edited 22 May 2017 17:41]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:40 - May 22 with 1322 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:37 - May 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

No. I'm in favour of a united Ireland. I don't support people who believe that the way to achieve a united Ireland is to blow up kids in shopping centres and folks enjoying a pint in a pub.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:41 - May 22 with 1321 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:34 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Working actually. He did not unequivocally condemn the IRA. Corbyn brought in "both sides who laid the bombs". He was asked specifically to condemn the IRA.

Anyway, moving on. Each one of you contributions to this thread has been to criticise my posting style. This is becoming a feature for you lately, whether it be me or other posters.

You rarely give an opinion on the subject. Just the posters involved.

So some questions for you:

Do you believe that somebody who shares a platform with IRA bombers, stands for a minute's silence for dead IRA bombers and praises both their cause and their murderers, is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who says "I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a united Ireland" is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who invites representatives of IRA bombers to the House of Commons, against the wishes of the Labour leader, just weeks after they have murdered 5 innocent people is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who shares a stage with a wanted IRA murderer who is on the run from the British police is showing support?

Do you believe that a man who is on the editorial board of Labour London Briefing that published an article praising the Brighton bombing, a joke saying “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.” and another that mocked Norman Tebbit who was dug out of the rubble of the Grand Hotel, saying: “Try riding your bike now, Norman.” is showing support?

Instead of giving another critique on my posting style how about answering those questions and giving me an honest opinion.

"Working actually"........have those naughty dogs stopped barking for you ?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:44 - May 22 with 1312 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:40 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

they did compromise in the end - against the strong opposition of mcdonnell in particular. the ira leadership had to ask the government to get mcdonnell to back off because he was stirring up hard line opposition to the good friday agreement (which he of course voted against). the only way peace would ever come was through that compromise.

to answer your question: the ira should have compromised because it was the only way to achieve peace. are you also opposed to the good friday agreement?
[Post edited 22 May 2017 17:41]

What was it McDonnell said at the time? “an assembly is not what people have laid down their lives for over thirty years. The settlement must be for a united Ireland.”

Had the IRA listed to him the troubles would have continued for another 30 years.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:45 - May 22 with 1310 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:37 - May 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

no. and to seek it through the political process is great.

i'm content with the good friday agreement with leaves the decision with a majority vote of the northern irish population.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:46 - May 22 with 1308 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:32 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

he voted against the anglo irish agreement because he didn't want the ira to compromise. but compromise was the key to achieving peace.

the idea that corbyn has worked for peace is laughable. the best you can say is that he has spent 30 years as a backbench non-entity.

"Opposing violence and war has been "the whole purpose of his life". He prominently opposed the invasion of Iraq and war in Afghanistan, NATO-led military intervention in Libya, military strikes against Assad's Syria, and military action against ISIS, and served as the chair of the Stop The War Coalition. Corbyn has criticised Britain's close ties with Saudi Arabia and British involvement in Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen. He has called for Tony Blair to be investigated for alleged war crimes during the Iraq War."

"In 2013, Corbyn was awarded the Gandhi International Peace Award for his "consistent efforts over a 30-year parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence."

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:47 - May 22 with 1302 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:20 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

well that isn't an answer to the question - the question was why did corbyn vote against the angle irish agreement.

i've just demonstrated that his vote against the anglo irish agreement is an example of corbyn working against peace in northern ireland.

the idea that corbyn's efforts led to peace is a sick joke.

No, what is a sick joke is you and your kind constantly regurgitating ill informed shyte. If you had the slightest clue abouyt what the Anglo-Irish agreement was about yu would not have posted up the above nonsense.

It amounted to little more that a mother telling two squabbling kids to 'play nicely'. They never were and were at hammer and tongs, tit for tat each seeing their demand as being right. So why no comment about the whole unionist cause being against that treaty. Protests that included Ian Paisley's 'never never never' speech ?

The nationalists were still set and fighting for a united Ireland.. no less. The unionists opposed the idea that Eire would be involved in the agreement.

So how did they come to stop the fighting ? How did both sides negotiate the end to violence when both side's leaders were constantly being told 'if you aren't willing to fight, there's plenty who will take your place'.

And yes I have family from NI and have heard the belligerence spoke against the other side. So don't start spouting shyte on here that you clearly know little about bar what the right wing press have filled your silly little head with. Because irony of ironies it was the same pig headed willingness, as you demonstrate, not to engage in the debate that kept the killing and maiming going for so long.

So why not educate yourself. Read up about stuff rather than just regurgitate misinformation because it happens to suit your belief. If nothing it might stop you from making a fool of yourself on here.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:48 - May 22 with 1297 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:40 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

No. I'm in favour of a united Ireland. I don't support people who believe that the way to achieve a united Ireland is to blow up kids in shopping centres and folks enjoying a pint in a pub.

OK so do you really think that Jeremy Corbyn thinks any differently to you regarding the second part of your answer (to a question I didn't ask)?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:49 - May 22 with 1291 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:46 - May 22 by Dolly2.0

"Opposing violence and war has been "the whole purpose of his life". He prominently opposed the invasion of Iraq and war in Afghanistan, NATO-led military intervention in Libya, military strikes against Assad's Syria, and military action against ISIS, and served as the chair of the Stop The War Coalition. Corbyn has criticised Britain's close ties with Saudi Arabia and British involvement in Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen. He has called for Tony Blair to be investigated for alleged war crimes during the Iraq War."

"In 2013, Corbyn was awarded the Gandhi International Peace Award for his "consistent efforts over a 30-year parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence."

You should check out Stop the War. Corbyn was their chairman. They approved of Iraqi insurgents killing British troops.

They also supported Russia invading Ukraine. He's not so much about peace. He just sides with whoever is against either the UK or the West.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 17:50]

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:50 - May 22 with 1285 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:46 - May 22 by Dolly2.0

he has also supported the ira. which is i think the subject of this thread.

he has also opposed britain retaking the falklands, intervention in Kosovo and intervention is sierra leone. he should be ashamed of all that.

he has also, through stop the war, turned a blind eye to military action by dictators and by russia.

he has an ideological world view which opposes the us and her allies in every situation. he has never been anti war just anti-american.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:53 - May 22 with 1266 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:48 - May 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

OK so do you really think that Jeremy Corbyn thinks any differently to you regarding the second part of your answer (to a question I didn't ask)?

Yes I believe he thinks differently to me on the second part. I didn't, support, praise, honour or excuse the people who did it in the period it was being carried out.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:55 - May 22 with 1254 viewsArcher4721

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:50 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

he has also supported the ira. which is i think the subject of this thread.

he has also opposed britain retaking the falklands, intervention in Kosovo and intervention is sierra leone. he should be ashamed of all that.

he has also, through stop the war, turned a blind eye to military action by dictators and by russia.

he has an ideological world view which opposes the us and her allies in every situation. he has never been anti war just anti-american.

Blimey! Imagine if he had claimed there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and gone to war in Iraq.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:56 - May 22 with 1243 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:47 - May 22 by HARRY10

No, what is a sick joke is you and your kind constantly regurgitating ill informed shyte. If you had the slightest clue abouyt what the Anglo-Irish agreement was about yu would not have posted up the above nonsense.

It amounted to little more that a mother telling two squabbling kids to 'play nicely'. They never were and were at hammer and tongs, tit for tat each seeing their demand as being right. So why no comment about the whole unionist cause being against that treaty. Protests that included Ian Paisley's 'never never never' speech ?

The nationalists were still set and fighting for a united Ireland.. no less. The unionists opposed the idea that Eire would be involved in the agreement.

So how did they come to stop the fighting ? How did both sides negotiate the end to violence when both side's leaders were constantly being told 'if you aren't willing to fight, there's plenty who will take your place'.

And yes I have family from NI and have heard the belligerence spoke against the other side. So don't start spouting shyte on here that you clearly know little about bar what the right wing press have filled your silly little head with. Because irony of ironies it was the same pig headed willingness, as you demonstrate, not to engage in the debate that kept the killing and maiming going for so long.

So why not educate yourself. Read up about stuff rather than just regurgitate misinformation because it happens to suit your belief. If nothing it might stop you from making a fool of yourself on here.

i've read a lot.

so you would have opposed the anglo irish agreement? no one claims that the agreement achieved peace - but it was a major initial step on the path to peace.

are you really saying that you would have preferred the anglo irish agreement not to have happened?
[Post edited 22 May 2017 18:00]

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:59 - May 22 with 1230 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:49 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You should check out Stop the War. Corbyn was their chairman. They approved of Iraqi insurgents killing British troops.

They also supported Russia invading Ukraine. He's not so much about peace. He just sides with whoever is against either the UK or the West.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 17:50]

"He just sides with whoever is against either the UK or the West."

What utter nonsense. I doubt even you believe that. Why on earth is he standing for the post PM in a country he so despises?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:01 - May 22 with 1223 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:55 - May 22 by Archer4721

Blimey! Imagine if he had claimed there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and gone to war in Iraq.

Still losing people from that deliberate lie too. Terrible stuff.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:01 - May 22 with 1220 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:53 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Yes I believe he thinks differently to me on the second part. I didn't, support, praise, honour or excuse the people who did it in the period it was being carried out.

But for clarity do you think he condones blowing up 3 year old children and people drinking in pubs?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:04 - May 22 with 1210 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:01 - May 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

But for clarity do you think he condones blowing up 3 year old children and people drinking in pubs?

No. I think he excuses it and supports the people who are doing it. I don't think he wants to dwell on the decapitated bodies and dead children.

Iron Lion Zion

on 18:08 - May 22 with 1198 views_

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:04 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

No. I think he excuses it and supports the people who are doing it. I don't think he wants to dwell on the decapitated bodies and dead children.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:10 - May 22 with 1193 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:56 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

i've read a lot.

so you would have opposed the anglo irish agreement? no one claims that the agreement achieved peace - but it was a major initial step on the path to peace.

are you really saying that you would have preferred the anglo irish agreement not to have happened?
[Post edited 22 May 2017 18:00]

And you are still at it.

Childish traps hoping to 'catch someone out'.

So stop making up claims about what I would have done, and what I would prefer now.

I was not a resident of that island, nor am now. I was and am not part of any legislative body on either side of the border (inc Britain) so I would not presume to think my thoughts anything beyond this forum.

If you are going to debate then at least raise your game above that of a school debating society ie it is not about me.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:13 - May 22 with 1181 viewsBlue_Order

It doesn't take a strategically leaked document by MI5 to know that Jezza's an IRA fanboy.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:14 - May 22 with 1178 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:10 - May 22 by HARRY10

And you are still at it.

Childish traps hoping to 'catch someone out'.

So stop making up claims about what I would have done, and what I would prefer now.

I was not a resident of that island, nor am now. I was and am not part of any legislative body on either side of the border (inc Britain) so I would not presume to think my thoughts anything beyond this forum.

If you are going to debate then at least raise your game above that of a school debating society ie it is not about me.

i asked a question. you know those things with question marks at the end. no trap just a question.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:17 - May 22 with 1164 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 18:08 - May 22 by _

Had my arse handed to me? This isn't a game. I know people who have been bombed by the IRA.

Why not go the whole hogg and put lol at the end?

I'll put the same questions to you as I did Rommers. Perhaps you'll actually answer them rather than playing your childish games.

Do you believe that somebody who shares a platform with IRA bombers, stands for a minute's silence for dead IRA bombers and praises both their cause and their murderers, is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who says "I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a united Ireland" is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who invites representatives of IRA bombers to the House of Commons, against the wishes of the Labour leader, just weeks after they have murdered 5 innocent people is showing support?

Do you believe that somebody who shares a stage with a wanted IRA murderer who is on the run from the British police is showing support?

Do you believe that a man who is on the editorial board of Labour London Briefing that published an article praising the Brighton bombing, a joke saying “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.” and another that mocked Norman Tebbit who was dug out of the rubble of the Grand Hotel, saying: “Try riding your bike now, Norman.” is showing support?

Will you answer? Let's see.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024