Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? 07:55 - May 24 with 17612 viewsHerbivore

All of the terrorist attacks perpetrated in the UK this century have been carried out by people born and raised here. We really need to start asking some hard questions about why it is that people born and raised in the UK are drawn towards killing their fellow citizens in large numbers. It's too easy to just blame religion, there are hundreds of thousands (possibly over a million?) of UK citizens of the Muslim faith who would never consider taking another life. We can't look for simplistic answers anymore, this is a complex problem and unless we tackle the underlying causes of young Brits being susceptible to radical ideas we will never make any progress.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:27 - May 25 with 1447 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:10 - May 25 by Herbivore

And so the bomber and the likes of Benters have that in common with each other. Interesting.

Indeed, but your thinking is also behind the times. Current thinking following the Lacey report is that people shouldn't be pressured into conforming to a "British" identity.
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:29 - May 25 with 1446 viewsHerbivore

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:13 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

There is no doubt they are British but unfortunately there are a number of British Muslims who make little effort to integrate.

As I said yesterday, that is a two way street and we should be doing all we can to help them integrate and not feel alienated. Having British Muslims in positions of aiputhority is a positive step but for too many British Muslims the strict adherence to a religion that is still being too literally interpreted puts up barriers between the two communities.

This was highlighted by the Channel 4 News survey that was commissioned to get a better understanding of British Muslims.

Some good the finding were quite worrying:

52% do not believe that homosexuality should be legal in Britain

23% support the introduction of Sharia Law.

32% refuse to condemn those who take part in violence against those who mock the Prophet

39% agree that “wives should always obey their husbands”

Those views are completely at odds with our more liberal attitudes in the United Kingdom. How do you get people to fully integrate and participate as British citizens whilst holding the above abhorrent views.

I imagine there are white Brits who would support some of those views, certainly homophobia is not exclusively a Muslim issue. There's also a large number of white Brits who support the death penalty, which is barbaric. Do you consider them to be anti British values?

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:30 - May 25 with 1433 viewsGlasgowBlue

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:26 - May 25 by ThePitBoss

19% of British muslims have sympathy with jihadists. Just throwing it out there. 1 in 5.

And we have to find out why? What causes you British men to feel this way.

As Dan rightly points out indoctrination is a problem. How do we stop it?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:30 - May 25 with 1438 viewseireblue

19% of British muslims have sympathy with jihadists. Just throwing it out there. 1 in 5.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34967994
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:34 - May 25 with 1425 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

In reality, 99% of British Muslims have NO sympathy for them at.

They are as much a British person as you are. And you hate that idea but it's true

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:38 - May 25 with 1418 viewsNo9

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:13 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

There is no doubt they are British but unfortunately there are a number of British Muslims who make little effort to integrate.

As I said yesterday, that is a two way street and we should be doing all we can to help them integrate and not feel alienated. Having British Muslims in positions of aiputhority is a positive step but for too many British Muslims the strict adherence to a religion that is still being too literally interpreted puts up barriers between the two communities.

This was highlighted by the Channel 4 News survey that was commissioned to get a better understanding of British Muslims.

Some good the finding were quite worrying:

52% do not believe that homosexuality should be legal in Britain

23% support the introduction of Sharia Law.

32% refuse to condemn those who take part in violence against those who mock the Prophet

39% agree that “wives should always obey their husbands”

Those views are completely at odds with our more liberal attitudes in the United Kingdom. How do you get people to fully integrate and participate as British citizens whilst holding the above abhorrent views.

"Having British Muslims in positions of aiputhority is a positive step "

Maybe not?
Have a look at countires where they would not be allowed to have these positions, even property or run business.
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:38 - May 25 with 1408 viewsGlasgowBlue

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:29 - May 25 by Herbivore

I imagine there are white Brits who would support some of those views, certainly homophobia is not exclusively a Muslim issue. There's also a large number of white Brits who support the death penalty, which is barbaric. Do you consider them to be anti British values?

I didn't day that homophobia is exclusively a Muslim issue but I don't believe that over half of white Brits think homosexuality should be illegal.

It's true that just under 50% if British people support capital punishment but the death penalty is just one aspect of Sharia law which. Giving more rights to men over women is a continuing thread throughout Sharia law and that most definitely is incompatible with British values.

You have dealt with the issue of homophobia and sharia law but not the fact that "32% refuse to condemn those who take part in violence against those who mock the Prophet". This is a worrying statistic. We've been taking the puss out of God in this country for as long as I can remember. I think this is a worrying statistic.

Edit. And I don't think we can ever get to the bottom of this problem if we can't have full and frank debate without the need for yes but what about the white Brits who think this or what about the white Brits who think that.

At the moment we have a far bigger problem with Home grown Islamist terror that we do white supremacists. So we need to be discussing the British Muslim community and how we can stop Brits killing Brits as the title of the list suggests,
[Post edited 25 May 2017 8:45]

Iron Lion Zion

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:38 - May 25 with 1416 viewsHerbivore

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:27 - May 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

Indeed, but your thinking is also behind the times. Current thinking following the Lacey report is that people shouldn't be pressured into conforming to a "British" identity.

I don't disagree with that. The point of this thread is to question why people born and raised in the UK are committing these kind of atrocities in this country. I don't really subscribe to the idea of a homogenous British identity or set of shared values.

Login to get fewer ads

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:40 - May 25 with 1409 viewshype313

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:34 - May 25 by The_Romford_Blue

In reality, 99% of British Muslims have NO sympathy for them at.

They are as much a British person as you are. And you hate that idea but it's true

Quite, but there is an issue with Islam, and until people start talking about it then we will constantly go around in circles tip toeing around the issue.

I have no doubt the majority of Muslims are peaceful loving, caring citizens, but there is a dark part of Islam which has taken it's hold on young impressionable men.

We rightly don't tarnish Christianity with the KKK or Anders Breikvik, and we shouldn't tarnish the Muslim community with the same brush, but to constantly skip around the fact that Islam isn't the issue, it's just nutters going around spreading terror, then this will never end.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 8:43]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:41 - May 25 with 1408 viewsbluelagos

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:30 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

That is indeed the key question. Fiik the answer, and fii can even see a chink of light.

I guess we need to be way more effective in dealing with (arresting, charging imprisoning) those who indoctrinate those who go onto commit acts like we witnessed on Monday. Are the existing laws adequate? Is the police resourcing adequate? Both valid questions.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:45 - May 25 with 1402 viewsSteve_M

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:40 - May 25 by hype313

Quite, but there is an issue with Islam, and until people start talking about it then we will constantly go around in circles tip toeing around the issue.

I have no doubt the majority of Muslims are peaceful loving, caring citizens, but there is a dark part of Islam which has taken it's hold on young impressionable men.

We rightly don't tarnish Christianity with the KKK or Anders Breikvik, and we shouldn't tarnish the Muslim community with the same brush, but to constantly skip around the fact that Islam isn't the issue, it's just nutters going around spreading terror, then this will never end.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 8:43]

Yes, it's as unhelpful as either "all Muslims are terrorists" or "this is all because of Western foreign policy". All three 'observations' are trite and cliched.

This isn't an issue easily solved but the first step is to understand that the World is more nuanced and complicated than some people think it is.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:52 - May 25 with 1377 viewsGlasgowBlue

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:38 - May 25 by No9

"Having British Muslims in positions of aiputhority is a positive step "

Maybe not?
Have a look at countires where they would not be allowed to have these positions, even property or run business.

You don't think having British Muslims in positions of authority is a positive step towards better intergration?

Why?

Iron Lion Zion

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:52 - May 25 with 1378 viewsNo9

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:45 - May 25 by Steve_M

Yes, it's as unhelpful as either "all Muslims are terrorists" or "this is all because of Western foreign policy". All three 'observations' are trite and cliched.

This isn't an issue easily solved but the first step is to understand that the World is more nuanced and complicated than some people think it is.

"This isn't an issue easily solved but the first step is to understand that the World is more nuanced and complicated than some people think it is."

One of the wisest & most sensible comments this week
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:56 - May 25 with 1361 viewsThePitBoss

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:30 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

CCTV in all mosques?
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:04 - May 25 with 1333 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:38 - May 25 by Herbivore

I don't disagree with that. The point of this thread is to question why people born and raised in the UK are committing these kind of atrocities in this country. I don't really subscribe to the idea of a homogenous British identity or set of shared values.

You are missing the point. The point is they aren't British and it's racist to consider someone to be British just because they are born and raised in the UK
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:05 - May 25 with 1330 viewsartsbossbeard

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:56 - May 25 by ThePitBoss

CCTV in all mosques?

George Orwell was only a few years out.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:07 - May 25 with 1320 viewstaximan

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 08:56 - May 25 by ThePitBoss

CCTV in all mosques?

well if they have nothing to hide
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:09 - May 25 with 1309 viewsnoggin

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:07 - May 25 by taximan

well if they have nothing to hide

Yeah, because that will stop the radicalisation. Slaps forhead.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:11 - May 25 with 1300 viewsnoggin

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:04 - May 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

You are missing the point. The point is they aren't British and it's racist to consider someone to be British just because they are born and raised in the UK

WTF?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:14 - May 25 with 1285 viewstaximan

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:09 - May 25 by noggin

Yeah, because that will stop the radicalisation. Slaps forhead.

it may cut off one possible avenue of it

every little helps
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:15 - May 25 with 1283 viewsSteve_M

https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/citizenship

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:18 - May 25 with 1271 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:15 - May 25 by Steve_M

https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/citizenship

The far left consider that to be a racist and divisive tool
How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:28 - May 25 with 1249 viewsNo9

You must remember some of these people are 3rd & 4th generation, their grandparents came here in the early 1950 and were given British passports by the government of the day.
Handing out British passports willy nilly was not stopped until action by Harold Wilson circa 1977
on 09:31 - May 25 with 1242 views_

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:32 - May 25 with 1224 viewsNo9

How do we stop Brits killing Brits? on 09:18 - May 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

The far left consider that to be a racist and divisive tool

& what is the view of UKip & the right on this subject?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024