Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Advice Needed 13:08 - May 29 with 2262 viewsSwailsey

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a bind.

I'm due to go on my best friend's stag do tomorrow for 3 days to Budapest (I saw stag do, be we're all quite quiet and it will be very relaxed - more of a holiday).

Unfortunately, Mrs Swailes has been poorly for the last 2 weeks (chest infection and then a reaction to the antibiotics). On top of that, she was told last week that her step dad has months to live (she has already lost her dad).

She has assured me she's fine for me to go, but would she say otherwise?

My family have said they'll check in on her.

I don't want to go, but don't feel I can cancel last minute, not to mention already having paid £250 towards it.

I'm so torn.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TWTD Advice Needed on 13:12 - May 29 with 2225 viewsWD19

Go and relax as best you can.

Mrs Swailes will need some support over the next few months and grinding yourself down will not help her in the long run.
TWTD Advice Needed on 13:15 - May 29 with 2218 viewsSteve_M

If she is recovering and wants you to go then go. It's only three days, not even a week.

I get all the rest of it and your concerns around that but sometimes a few days away can be good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TWTD Advice Needed on 13:25 - May 29 with 2184 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

I would go. You've already shown your concern and support by offering not to go and ensuring someone will be looking in on her. If she says she wants you to go, she'd probably be as mad as hell if you lost the deposit on the holiday. Have fun - the fisherman's bastion is great! 🖒
TWTD Advice Needed on 14:08 - May 29 with 2100 viewsAdmiralFunge

Definitely go, man. See your mates, have a few jars, try and relax.

You can bell your missus if you want, innit.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

TWTD Advice Needed on 14:17 - May 29 with 2080 viewsBlueBadger

A bit of time out will do you the world of good right now. One of the first things I tell the relatives of my critically ill punters is 'please look after yourselves. I will be throwing you out at *time specified here* so you can go and have something eat, drink and a lie down. You can't support your loved ones if you're not looking after yourselves'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD Advice Needed on 18:38 - May 29 with 1964 viewsfactual_blue

Go.

Although bear in mind that when you do, your decision will be thrown back at you during a 'discussion' with your beloved in about 15 years' time.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD Advice Needed on 18:45 - May 29 with 1948 viewsBackToRussia

GO

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

TWTD Advice Needed on 18:56 - May 29 with 1921 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Go.

If she's about to go through that trauma of losing someone, then you'll be needing your strength as much as she is. No one ever realises how hard it is for partners when someone loses a loved one.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Advice Needed on 19:18 - May 29 with 1881 viewsSwailsey

Thanks all. I will go, but it's a difficult one.

She hasn't given any indication that I shouldn't, I just know she hides her feelings towards things like this.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

on 19:26 - May 29 with 1869 views_

TWTD Advice Needed on 19:58 - May 29 with 1814 viewsnorth_stand77

Go. Speaking from a female perspective, she may feel guilty if you don't go and she probably wants you to have fun anyway.

Try and relax and give her strength when she needs it later on. As you say, there are other family members who can keep an eye on her for a few days.
TWTD Advice Needed on 20:00 - May 29 with 1806 viewsSwailsey

TWTD Advice Needed on 19:58 - May 29 by north_stand77

Go. Speaking from a female perspective, she may feel guilty if you don't go and she probably wants you to have fun anyway.

Try and relax and give her strength when she needs it later on. As you say, there are other family members who can keep an eye on her for a few days.

Thank you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024