Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd line of questioning from Paxman 21:05 - May 29 with 6779 viewsDubtractor

Why on earth would the manifesto be all about Corbyn's views alone?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:07 - May 29 with 2760 viewschristiand

Paxman needs to let the man talk instead of constantly interrupting him. Paxman coming across as a complete bellend.....we're not watching this to listen to you!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:13 - May 29 with 2714 viewsArcher4721

Indeed. The Labour Party is a democratic party. Apart from the Blairites of course.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:13 - May 29 with 2710 viewsmr_bean

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:07 - May 29 by christiand

Paxman needs to let the man talk instead of constantly interrupting him. Paxman coming across as a complete bellend.....we're not watching this to listen to you!

Paxman needs to take an anger management course.

I think Corbyn's doing very well in the face of such aggressive interviewing.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:13 - May 29 with 2709 viewsDubtractor

Well that too.

Overall I think Corbyn did pretty well in his 2 bits though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:14 - May 29 with 2700 viewsArcher4721

Paxman a rude arrogant obnoxious git.

Corbyn is smashing this. Loved his "get to know me response."
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:14 - May 29 with 2702 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn did superbly IMO. I'm sure all the Tories will disagree but that is the man I want leading this country. Virtually everything people throw at him can be reasonably explained away if you give him the change to speak.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:15 - May 29 with 2693 viewsMelford

Corbyn was superb, he nullified Paxo and came across really well.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:16 - May 29 with 2681 viewsYaffle

I think it will be very interesting how hard Paxman is on May. Some of his interrogation of Corbyn was simply ridiculous, the question about the monarchy in particular.

I think Corbyn has acquitted himself extremely well both with the audience and Paxman. Looking forward to the 2nd half.
Login to get fewer ads

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:18 - May 29 with 2663 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:14 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Corbyn did superbly IMO. I'm sure all the Tories will disagree but that is the man I want leading this country. Virtually everything people throw at him can be reasonably explained away if you give him the change to speak.

It would have been nice if he had actually answered one of the questions put to him.

Other than that Paxman didn't land a big blow and Jezza was fairly decent.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:20 - May 29 with 2649 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:18 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

It would have been nice if he had actually answered one of the questions put to him.

Other than that Paxman didn't land a big blow and Jezza was fairly decent.

He answered every question. Paxman tried his best not to let him answer but Corbyn stayed calm and easily swatted him away.

I don't see how anyone can believe Corbyn isn't a damn good candidate.

Truly impaired.

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:23 - May 29 with 2613 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:20 - May 29 by J2BLUE

He answered every question. Paxman tried his best not to let him answer but Corbyn stayed calm and easily swatted him away.

Watch it back. He didn't answer any of the first three questions. Too busy watching May to go over them but they'll be a transcript later that I'll link.

One was is it morally right to renew Trident. He was asked that four times and refused to answer.

Iron Lion Zion

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:23 - May 29 with 2612 viewschristiand

I'm still very much undecided about whom I'm going to vote for, but felt Corbyn did a good job. Will be interesting to see how Teresa May responds.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:25 - May 29 with 2591 viewsfloridaboy

Unions must be loving their leader. Drawing up strike plans in the hope he wins!
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:27 - May 29 with 2575 viewsHARRY10

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:23 - May 29 by christiand

I'm still very much undecided about whom I'm going to vote for, but felt Corbyn did a good job. Will be interesting to see how Teresa May responds.

You vote for a candidate standing in your constituency.

This is NOT a presidential election.
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:27 - May 29 with 2574 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:23 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

Watch it back. He didn't answer any of the first three questions. Too busy watching May to go over them but they'll be a transcript later that I'll link.

One was is it morally right to renew Trident. He was asked that four times and refused to answer.

It's not a dictatorship. He knows the country and most of his party supports the renewal of Trident. His personal opinion is irrelevant.

Truly impaired.

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:28 - May 29 with 2568 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:23 - May 29 by christiand

I think May will perform far worse than Corbyn under interrogation from Paxman.

She also has a record in government to defend which he doesn't.

Iron Lion Zion

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:29 - May 29 with 2554 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:27 - May 29 by J2BLUE

It's not a dictatorship. He knows the country and most of his party supports the renewal of Trident. His personal opinion is irrelevant.

He was asked four times if it was mortally right to renew Trident. He refused to answer.

You said he answered every question.

Iron Lion Zion

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:30 - May 29 with 2551 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:14 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I was impressed too

The only thing he really struggled with was whether he would support the shooting dead of an known terrorist in an active situation
[Post edited 29 May 2017 21:31]
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:32 - May 29 with 2526 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:29 - May 29 by GlasgowBlue

He was asked four times if it was mortally right to renew Trident. He refused to answer.

You said he answered every question.

He didn't specifically answer but he gave enough info for you to work it out. He has is views. He knows he can't have everything his own way. Even Obama said the same in interviews about the limits to his power.

Truly impaired.

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:32 - May 29 with 2514 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:27 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Glad we've cleared that up. Tim Farron can have his own personal religious views too then that are different from party politics?
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:33 - May 29 with 2494 viewsGlasgowBlue

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:32 - May 29 by J2BLUE

He didn't specifically answer but he gave enough info for you to work it out. He has is views. He knows he can't have everything his own way. Even Obama said the same in interviews about the limits to his power.

So he didn't answer. We got there in the end.

I'll link the other questions he refused to answer when the transcripts are out.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 21:34]

Iron Lion Zion

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:33 - May 29 with 2498 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:30 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

I was impressed too

The only thing he really struggled with was whether he would support the shooting dead of an known terrorist in an active situation

His answer was perfectly acceptable IMO. Based on the question the target could have been anywhere. Anyone authorising a drone strike without asking about innocent lives which may be lost is not someone I want leading us.

I think you've said your vote is worthless for the Lib Dems? If so, join us. Don't be a Tory spoiler.

Truly impaired.

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:34 - May 29 with 2493 viewsbluelagos

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:30 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

I was impressed too

Thought Paxo's questioning on the Queen was a wasted couple of minutes. Complete irrelevance given its not a commitment.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:34 - May 29 with 2486 viewsElderGrizzly

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:27 - May 29 by HARRY10

You vote for a candidate standing in your constituency.

This is NOT a presidential election.

It isn't, but it's naive to think that a majority of the country don't vote in this way. Most wouldn't be able to name their local MP or candidate
Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:34 - May 29 with 2472 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd line of questioning from Paxman on 21:32 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

Glad we've cleared that up. Tim Farron can have his own personal religious views too then that are different from party politics?

I don't think I have ever argued otherwise? I think we were on the same side about his personal views.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024